Most girls vent to their girlfriends, eat ice cream and watch sad movies after a breakup, but what do guys do? HollywoodLife.com spoke with top relationship experts to find out what Rob should do during this tough time.
Should Robert Pattinson start immediately going on dates? Should he go on a vacation or live life as usual? HollywoodLife.com spoke with three experts who gave us the lowdown on what Rob can do to help him during this incredibly emotional time.
1. Go through it, grieve, be sad and allow yourself to have those feelings without moving onto a new relationship too quickly,” says relationship expert Cooper Lawrence. “You have to grieve the last one before you move on to the next one.”
2. Realize that this wasn’t about you,” psychiatrist Dr. Carole Lieberman says. “Millions of women would want to be yours in a heartbeat!”
3. “Volunteer and help others,” Cooper says. “When you focus on things outside yourself like helping people that need you it really helps you put things in perspective.”
4. Send time with family,” Cooper says. “Being with people who love and support you unconditionally is really important. They want to be there for you during the hard times.
5. Talk it Out,” relationship expert Diana Falzone tells us. “Men don’t usually like to communicate their feelings however it’s healthy and productive for Rob to share his emotions with a trusted family member or friend. It will help him release negative feelings while processing his thoughts.”
6. If Kristen tries to make contact, write her in email or text,” Dr. Lieberman says. “Not in person. Tell her that you need time.”
7. “Time Heals,” Diana tells us. “It’s a cliche for a reason, because it’s true! The more Rob lives his life, the more distant his hurt will be!”
8. “Work,” says Cooper. “For him working is being creative and being successful.”
9. “Get rid of anything that reminds you of her on a daily basis,” Cooper says. “Throw it out, give it to a friend, burn it! Whatever makes you feel good. Getting rid of all the daily reminders.”
10. “Be social,” Diana says. “It’s important for Rob to be out and about. He needs to remind himself that there is a life beyond his past relationship with Kristen.”
More Rob and Kristen: