J. Bernard Calloway is an actor who has appeared in films like ‘Man On A Ledge’ and ‘Taking of Pelham 1-2-3’ and guest starred on shows like ‘Law and Order’ and ‘Rescue Me’. Find out six things you didn’t know about him!
J. Bernard Calloway has spent the last four years originating his role of Delray Jones in the Broadway hit musical Memphis. Now that Memphis is coming to an end, J. is on to his next adventure! His next role is starring opposite Matt Bomer on an upcoming episode of USA’s White Collar on July 31!
Here’s six things you didn’t know about J.:
1. “I used to take a recording device into auditions to listen to how good/bad I was and to remember the experience. Not anymore though.”
2. “When I first came to NY, I was so broke that I had to count pennies out of my little piggy bank to buy two dollar juices and pasta to eat. The bodega dude HATED to see me coming.”
3. “One time I got out of jury duty by pretending to have a bad cough and stutter. The judge felt bad and sent me home.”
4. “When I was a kid, I didn’t sleep for two straight days after watching Nightmare on Elm Street. I thought Freddy was gonna get my a** for sure!”
5. “I was a starter on my college football team and I still dream about playing in the NFL. I usually wake up as soon as my number is called to go in the game.”
6. “My favorite TV show is True Blood, and if I could work with anyone- it would be James Earl Jones.”
— Jenny Pickard
More News and Gossip: