‘Glee’ Creator Reveals Major ‘Break-Up’ & More Season 4 Spoilers

Tue, July 31, 2012 5:07pm EDT by 34 Comments
Courtesy of Fox (2)

When ‘Glee’ returns for its fourth season Sept. 13, no couple will be safe! Find out what’s in store for the McKinley High kids, as well as the show’s new crop of graduates.

I know I’ve said it before, but I couldn’t be happier that Glee creator Ryan Murphy finally joined Twitter. Not only did he give us our first look at Lea Michele and Kate Hudson on the NYADA set, but he also fielded fan questions July 31, revealing some pretty major spoilers from the upcoming season! Read on if you dare…

1. Ryan says he’s really excited about an episode titled “The Break-Up.” More bad news for Finn (Cory Monteith) and Rachel?

2. The first performance will be Adele‘s “Chasing Pavements.” (Kind of a downer, but I’m sure it will sound great, whoever sings it.)

3. There’s a good chance we’ll meet Blaine’s (Darren Criss) mom, and Ryan knows exactly who he wants to play her: Catherine Zeta-Jones! (Let’s just hope he doesn’t waste her like he did Gloria Estefan. Seriously, I still can’t believe he didn’t have her sing.)

4. Sam (Chord Overstreet) will definitely have a new girlfriend in season four, much to the chagrin of “Samcedes” fans… whoever they are.

5. We will see LOTS of Brittany (Heather Morris) in season four. According to Ryan, she’s been “killing it” in the first four episodes.

6. There will be a two-part Thanksgiving episode. I’m not excited, but I’m definitely hungry.

Gleeks, what do you make of Ryan’s spoiler rampage? Which couple will be calling it quits in ‘The Break-Up?’ Who will be Sam’s rebound girl? And who do YOU think should play Blaine’s mom? Drop me a comment with your hopes and predictions for season four!

— Andy Swift

More Glee Scoop:

1. ‘Glee’ Season 4: First Photo Of Lea Michele & Kate Hudson On Set
  2. ‘Glee’ Season 4 Scoop: Meet Puck’s Half Brother & Rachel’s New Guy
  3. Jessica Sanchez Joining ‘Glee’ In Season 4 — New Report

Jane

Posted at 9:05 PM on October 1, 2012

I heard that Finn is going to shoot himself. I’m hoping that I’m wrong because I know if it does happen I will be crying alot

rejtkjr

Posted at 2:07 AM on September 30, 2012

finchel is definitely going to brake up but i also think that klaine and brittana are in jeopardy too. i really hope puckleberry make an appearance this season!

Bri

Posted at 11:28 PM on September 27, 2012

It would make no sense for Ryan to break up brittana! Santana spent all 2nd and 3rd season figuring things out and finally they are together… why would he separate them now??? please keep brittanaaa!

puck+rachel=4ever

Posted at 11:23 PM on September 13, 2012

Please just end Finchel for good already. They are so tiring and they had their moment for 3 seasons and they just dont click that much. We all need some spice. Puckleberry is way better than Finchel. They should give Puck’s character a chance to mature already. He has to leave Lima and prove that he is not a Lima loser. He is better off with Rachel and vice versa. Klaine and Brittana, I totally love them too.

puckleberry/fabrevans

Posted at 10:25 PM on September 14, 2012

Thank you. Someone else who is tired of Finchel. Finchel served their purpose and had their time but Puckleberry was barely given a chance and they NEED their time!!!

lauren

Posted at 5:00 PM on September 13, 2012

im pretty sure its denfintaly going to be kurt and blaine its all beacause of sebastian

Loveee

Posted at 4:10 PM on August 18, 2012

Klaine is the couple that is going to break up :'(

gleekout

Posted at 8:36 PM on August 16, 2012

Finn broke up with her in the last episode of season 3 didnt he …if so than it wont b them too i honestly think its goin to be emma and will :-(

Brenda Eaves

Posted at 9:31 PM on August 15, 2012

Catherine Zeta-Jones would be AMAZING as Blaine’s mom! Sam’s new girlfriend should be someone new that is up and coming in Glee and can continue on with the show after Sam graduates. I was hoping that we could continue to peak in on those that graduated and how they are getting along in their new lives in college, etc. The show has has some incredible guest stars and should continue to do so. They need Adele to come on the show and for once, just once I would love to see them do a nationals as amazing and untouchable as the Adrenalin team. Unique needs to be a McKinley High for sure for the entire season at the least. Also, if a certain Asian couple breaks up then a certain Asian girl needs to start taking the lead!

Veronica

Posted at 5:29 PM on August 15, 2012

Si hacen que terminen kurt y balines, finn y rachel ahí si a dejo de ver glee solo lo veo x ellos sus historias son hermosas y han pasado por tanto para q al final rompan me parece mal… Ojalá y no sea así..:

Dru Henderson

Posted at 7:42 AM on August 14, 2012

For some reason the “Break up” episode triggers Will and Emma to me. They seem like the couple that is unbreachable. They’re getting married and planning for their future. I may be wrong but that would shake things up to me even more than Klaine breaking up.

puckleberry/fabrevans

Posted at 8:54 PM on August 14, 2012

I actually never thought of Wemma (Will and Emma) breaking up but that is definitely something that would shake things up. I mean they’ve had some drama but not hardly any and it was mostly in season 1 with them liking each other and him married and her dating then season 2’s drama was only her being married and still them still liking each other. Season 3 there was no Wemma drama unless you count her parents not liking Will but that was nothing. So I believe your right it is time for some Wemma drama.

Amber

Posted at 8:43 PM on August 13, 2012

Bring on Puckleberry!!!!

puckleberry/fabrevans

Posted at 8:46 PM on August 14, 2012

Amber I couldn’t agree more though I think that Rachel needs to get over Finn first because Puck deserves more than being her rebound guy.

lori

Posted at 1:55 AM on August 13, 2012

i dont want blaine and kurt to break up because they went through so much to be together i know the long distance relationship is hard but i know they will make it i have faith in them and what they will become together. Please let them be together like kurt said i never say goodbye to you i love that part. I know blaine and kurt will change the world and if they break up what that gonna do to some people.

ashleyprice

Posted at 5:20 PM on August 8, 2012

Can’t wait for season 4.I just hope that its good.Klaine4ever.Ryan Murphy has to keep them2gether.They even promised.

Not a Finchel fan

Posted at 5:33 AM on August 4, 2012

Finchel has been force-fed to viewers much like corn down the throat of a goose being fattened for foie gras. I’ve had all I can take for one lifetime.

puckleberry/fabrevans

Posted at 4:51 PM on August 5, 2012

I know right. Finchel had their time adn now its time to move on.

puckleberry/fabrevans

Posted at 8:48 PM on August 14, 2012

Thank you. Finchel had their time way back in season 1 but now they are just old news much like Quick. I think it’s time for both Finn and Rachel to move on. Personally I’ve always loved Puckleberry and the idea of Fintana but that’s just me but I also understand there are many Brittana fans out there so I’d hate to disappoint them.

Zoey

Posted at 2:54 AM on August 3, 2012

Why must Finchel break-up in every season? :( Can’t they have a season where they don’t break-up?

cindi

Posted at 6:46 PM on August 1, 2012

Please dont break Finchel up! Theyve been through so much together and they compliment each other. I probably will stop watching in mourning.

puckleberry/fabrevans

Posted at 4:53 PM on August 5, 2012

Not to be mean or anything but Finchel will start the season broken up because of Finn himself.

I ❤ Klaine :-) (@GleeForeverDC)

Posted at 8:03 AM on August 1, 2012

I disagree with every single one of you #Klaine should not Break up seen as there the best couple on the show…..
A little drama never hurt anyone but that doesnt mean they need to break up………

felisia dewi

Posted at 9:53 PM on July 31, 2012

I don’t want finciel break up..I love finchel.

Natasha Salgado

Posted at 9:05 PM on July 31, 2012

I feel like Klaine should break up, it’s there time to have some drama since the Sebastian’s and “cheating” thing, and I think Sam now girl could be one of the glee project girl… if one of them win… I’m Finchel fan so I didn’t like what happen at 3×22. I like Catherine Z-Jones as Mrs. Anderson!!

puckleberry/fabrevans

Posted at 9:10 PM on July 31, 2012

I liked Finnchel once upon a time but to me they’ve had their time and yes I agree about Klaine, they never seem to really have much drama and all the other couples on the show have drama all the time so I’d say that it’s def time for some Klaine drama.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:23 PM on July 31, 2012

I agree, we need some Klaine drama. We were supposed to get it from Sebastian, but that never really became a thing, unfortunately.

rachel

Posted at 8:06 AM on August 1, 2012

Totally agree with everything you said! :D

puckleberry/fabrevans

Posted at 8:54 PM on July 31, 2012

Ok now I’m def looking forward to season 4. I was glad when Finnchel ended during the season 3 finale, they’ve had their time same as Quick. Personally I’ve always been a fan of Puckleberry and Fabrevans. And as for the break up episode I feel like Klaine has been falling apart since the whole Kurt “cheating” thing.

es

Posted at 7:24 PM on July 31, 2012

i feel the show is goin to the dumps honestly

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:24 PM on July 31, 2012

It’s a little strange that, not only are they keeping all of last year’s regulars, but they’re also adding a BUNCH of new characters, including BIG name celebrities.

How will each person get a chance to shine?

samcedes4ever!

Posted at 7:21 PM on July 31, 2012

I cannot believe he’s ending SAMCEDES!!! He wasted both of their characters especially Chord’s. I’m not sure how much longer I will.be watching… smdh!

AMACK

Posted at 5:52 PM on July 31, 2012

He Ryan Murphy freaking kidding me. Do he know how many viewers he just lost by announcing the end of SAMCEDES. Puck was single fairly much the entire S3 why can’t he explore their relationship or is lost focus still on Rachel Berry who no one cares about but him. Truly the end of GLEE good luck to all those left trying to raise this sunken show. SAMCEDES always.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:58 PM on July 31, 2012

One of many relationship mistakes being made on this show…