Who will Billy choose? Who’s coming back? And who will learn Jane’s secret? HollywoodLife.com got all the scoop from creator April Blair!
The tables officially turn on the July 31 summer finale of Jane By Design, with Billy (Nick Roux) now having to choose between girlfriend Zoe (Mariah Buzolin) and best-friend Jane (Erica Dasher). But creator April Blair tells HollywoodLife.com that Billy’s big decision is just one of many major moments we can anticipate, along with Jane’s two worlds colliding to the point where “everything is put in jeopardy.”
Here’s what I learned:
1. Are Eli & Jane officially over? Well, it depends on how you look at it. Yes, Eli (Bryan Dechart) slept with India (India de Beaufort) last week, but April suggests we take a step back and examine both sides of the situation. “Jane and Eli have only been on one date,” she explains. “One date and one kiss. For Jane, a 16-year-old girl, that’s a big deal — but for a 24-year-old guy, that doesn’t make them exclusive. It’s a little adult lesson for Jane.”
2. Is Jeremy staying in London? We’ve seen from promos that Jane returns to the states, but Jeremy’s (Rowly Dennis) future isn’t quite as certain. “Jeremy may or not come back,” April says. “Rowly will stay on the show as long as the show is around, but Jeremy’s journey back to New York is a little more complicated than just riding back with Jane.”
3. Will India stop being a bitch? Probably not! But April says India’s little roll in the hay with Eli revealed a more human side to her we’ll hopefully see more of in the future. “In her heart, she’s really in love with Jeremy,” April explains. “The simple solution would have been her going after him and chasing him down in London, but sometimes people do the opposite of that. At the same time she realizes she’s in love with Jeremy, she also made a very bad decision.”
4. Ben & Rita’s “satisfying” moment: If you missed Ben (David Clayton Rogers) on last week’s episode, you’ll be happy to know the new baseball star “makes a special appearance” on the finale. “Ben and Rita are my favorite couple on the show, so I’m rooting for them,” April admits. “There are lots of romances bubbling now with a lot of angst, and I think theirs has the most satisfying, complete end this season.”
5. Jane’s “no way out” crisis: “At the end of the finale, Jane’s worlds completely collide and everything is put in jeopardy,” April tells me. “It’s a moment where there’s just no way out, much like the way she was caught between Billy and Jeremy on the runway.” Considering pictures from the finale show Gray (Andie MacDowell) and Eli confronting Jane at the school play, I’d be shocked if she’s somehow able to weasel her way out this time.
How are you feeling, Jane fans? Do you want Billy to (finally) choose Jane? Do you think it’s about time Gray figures out her little secret? And how do you feel about India after her hookup with Eli? Drop me a comment with your summer finale predictions below, and check out ABC Family’s official Jane By Design page for more show info!
— Andy Swift
More Jane By Design: