Taylor Swift's Parents Getting Divorced — Report

Wed, July 25, 2012 5:19pm EDT by 31 Comments
Taylor Swift Parents Divorced

Oh no! Taylor’s parents have separated but are trying to keep their marital problems quiet as to not damage Taylor’s career, says a new report in ‘Star.’

Taylor Swift, 22, has described her next studio album as “sad” — is it because she is writing about the demise of her parents 25 year marriage?

Taylor said the lyrics she’s been writing lately are “sad, if I’m being honest.”

“She’s been going through a lot,” a source tells Star. “The new album will showcase the pain of her parents’ separation.”

According to the source, Taylor’s parents, Andrea and Scott, have not been wearing their wedding rings and may have split as long as two years ago.

“They haven’t filed for divorce because they don’t want it to damage Taylor’s career.”

Mom Andrea has been on tour full-time with Taylor as her Momager, while Dad Scott only sees her on select tour dates. Was it their time apart that lead to their separation?

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers?

More Taylor Swift:

1. Taylor Swift’s Emotional Reaction To John Mayer’s Insults
  2. Selena Gomez & Taylor Swift Bake Cupcakes Together — Cute Pics
  3. Teen Choice: Taylor Swift Spills ‘I’m Not A Good Dancer!’

Mia

Posted at 12:36 PM on August 14, 2012

God all you people are terrible. She writes great songs, has a very pretty voice, and an even prettier personality.

John

Posted at 12:14 PM on July 27, 2012

If I were a grown child and I saw that my parents were getting a divorce possibly due to my mothers or fathers acting as my manager keeping her/him away from the spouse, its time to grow up and get a proper manager to at least give my parents marriage a chance to mend. They can return to living together properly and watch their adult child’s progress from a distance.

Mattv

Posted at 10:50 PM on July 26, 2012

Taylor’s parents get along great. No drama there. Jake Gyllenhaal probably planted the article to take the heat off of him for the sad songs. Can anyone say “Lame PR person”.

Nick

Posted at 4:26 PM on July 26, 2012

Great!!! Now she’ll win another 100 awards out of sympathy cause she’s the “only girl” whose parents ever divorced. The media darling swift is a joke, and she needs to take more time off. It’s great not hearing her songs played every hour. But of course the world stops cause taylor swift is somehow bigger than God.

Micaela

Posted at 5:59 PM on July 30, 2012

No one thinks Taylor is the only one to deal with a break up, being bullied, or to be sad about anything. She has gotten so much attention for her music not that her life events are newsworthy to anyone, but most people can relate to them. If her new album is about her parents supposed separation, it could do very well because a lot of people will relate to it.

Mimi

Posted at 9:57 AM on July 26, 2012

Ha I wonder why?? DUH the fame and money is what ruined all that!!! Her mother is always there paying more attention to her than her husband and left him in the dark!!! Now all we are gonna read and here about is this and that!! Next she will write her cd about her parents and family more Winey cry songs and she won’t shut up or grow up!!!

grace

Posted at 9:55 AM on July 26, 2012

I feel so bad for taylor, i was kinda teary when i found out. I had to go through a divorce and that was a nightmare! but for her everything she does is a national story! good that she has a song writing to get though it. I will defenintly buy her album!!

Amber

Posted at 2:01 PM on July 30, 2012

Same here I can’t believe it!

Trini

Posted at 9:24 AM on July 26, 2012

FAME FAME FAME!!! Corrupts alllllll

Joe

Posted at 9:07 AM on July 26, 2012

I am not buying this tabloid crap….but if it is true then i am sorry Taylor. I know how close you are with your family. Everything is gonna turn out fine. You keep on giving us your wonderful music.:)

Beverly

Posted at 9:35 PM on July 25, 2012

I beleive the same person keeps posting on here some hateful comments. What has Taylor ever done to you?? I feel for Taylor. Divorce is tough on any child at any age.

Joe

Posted at 9:05 AM on July 26, 2012

It is a same person. lol But clearly not a sane person.

tanka

Posted at 9:02 PM on July 25, 2012

New song: My name is Taylor swift, my parents are calling it quits, going to boost my image getting new tits. Boys are my weakness and I won’t lose sleep over Jake cause it was fake, but I’ll write songs about him cause I need a song or two though I sound like a cat.

Enchanted

Posted at 5:50 AM on June 7, 2013

If you hate Taylor, why are you even here? Divorce is tough. Stop spreading hate. How would you feel if you were also a singer and are also going through the same thing as Taylor, and someone posted a comment like yours about you?

TONY

Posted at 8:56 PM on July 25, 2012

I HOPE THIS DESTROYS HER

Emmeline

Posted at 9:32 PM on July 25, 2012

That’s a horrid thing to say. Whether or not you enjoy her music, she is clearly a lovely person, I challenge you to find a scrap of evidence to the contrary.

By the way, I believe you’re stuck on caps lock. You may want to fix that before people think you’re shouting.

Mike Wilks

Posted at 9:52 PM on July 25, 2012

YES!!! STOP WITH THE DAM TYPE SHOUTING!!!! IT GET’S ANNOYING AS ALL HELL!!!!!!!!!

Taylor's Biggest Fan

Posted at 10:02 PM on July 25, 2012

What has Taylor ever DONE to YOU?!??!?!? She’s one of those celebrities out there that have normal lives like we do and she always finds ways to help people everyday! Who would hate someone like that? Besides… , she never really bullied someone or anything like that when she was a kid. She would never do something that’s really mean to someone. Thats what the song “Mean” was all about. It was about people looking down on her and being mean to her. You certainly fit that category for sure. AT least she doesnt care what a person like you says about her! And does what she always does, which is being successful and achieving the impossible! GO TAYLOR!!!

khanh

Posted at 4:21 AM on July 26, 2012

Do you have a heart?
How could you just say something like that!

M

Posted at 8:51 PM on July 25, 2012

Ah, if it is true it’s not anyone’s business and even at her age I could see how she would be genuinely hurt by it but it wouldn’t hurt her career. Also, if it’s true I doubt it was her career that did it.That’s a shallow way to look at things but then who wrote this article?

I’d try to comfort her if I could

gbtw

Posted at 8:11 PM on July 25, 2012

for christ’s sake- WHO CARES!?!? if any of this is at all true, it’s the most annoying thing on earth. outside their little sphere, who cares if her parents split? how on earth would that have any impact at all on her career? and, she’s in her 20’s for heaven’s sake- if she’s going to crumble over this she really really REALLY needs to grow the f’ up. lord… SO ANNOYING!

Dan

Posted at 7:13 PM on July 25, 2012

Nobody should believe a word of this.

dude

Posted at 6:51 PM on July 25, 2012

The Star & British Daily Mail such reliable sources. They claim a “insider” close to swift told them.Give me a brake, I might belive this story if it came from a Nashville source Not Brit rags. Just like the kennedy storys that turned out to be false.Taylor is 22 she has had 4 “serious”boyfriends all she has to do is talk to a guy and the tabs turn hello taylor into a torrid affair. And all she has to do is not smile for a couple pictures and it means she is depressed that she caused her parents divorce. And always two week later we find out the story is bull but a tabloid will never say sorry we printed a lie from aanother rag that embelished a lie from another rag. How do you peoople live with your selves!

tim

Posted at 6:36 PM on July 25, 2012

She not only screws up her love life, now her parents. Wonderful Taylor. Thanks for being selfish and ruining a 25 year marriage.

Mike Wilks

Posted at 9:41 PM on July 25, 2012

she a tramp!!!

kristin

Posted at 6:23 PM on July 25, 2012

Get real people. There are a lot of divorces going on other than just in Hollywood. Taylor is a nice person and I’m sure she is devastated.

tim

Posted at 6:38 PM on July 25, 2012

She’s self centered. Parents should never put their kids first in a marriage. Taylors parents have catered to her, and this is what happends.

Christine

Posted at 6:03 PM on July 25, 2012

she will lose fans over this. dumb broad can’t keep anything together.

Joe

Posted at 9:01 AM on July 26, 2012

lmao…lose fans over this? i think we have established who the dumb one is here and it aint Taylor.

Jason

Posted at 6:01 PM on July 25, 2012

Damn she not only ruined her love life, now she ruins her parents. This girl is a man-eater, and so wrapped up in herself that she will never figure out love. I wish she would disappear.

Rolemodel my foot..Girls do not act like her, and chew and spit out your ex’s. Everyone breaks up. Taylor though is on a “high” of finding true love on first date.

Jaka

Posted at 5:47 PM on July 25, 2012

Very sad. I’m not surprised though. I’ve noticed a lot of the young star set end up with divorced parents. I think it roots in that the mom typically follows the kid around and acts as their manager/travel partner/etc. and the dad typically stays in their hometown and continues working at his job. I don’t think that is a very good formula for keeping a marriage strong. If you are always with your child and not your husband, it’s probably not going to end up well.