'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: Mona Drops A 'Crazy' Clue About Maya's Death

Tue, July 24, 2012 10:49pm EST by 23 Comments
Pretty Little Liars Episode 307

Plus, Emily’s new friend CeCe might just be crazier than Alison — if that’s possible.

If I were to conjure up a sentence to describe the July 24 episode of Pretty Little Liars, it would be this: “Naughty uncles think swiftly.” Translated via Mona’s (Janel Parrish) special code, that means “nuts.” Are you still confused? Yeah, welcome to my world.

The episode began, awkwardly enough, with Detective Wilden appearing on Hanna’s (Ashley Benson) doorstep to get a blood sample. (Some neighbors ask for sugar, others ask for blood.) It’s clear Hanna has become a prime suspect in Alison’s murder, which is why it’s super unfortunate that this week also marked Ali’s dad’s return to Rosewood. She could really use a comforting hug from Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) right about now — you know, if she hadn’t totally screwed up that relationship.

Desperate to clear her name, Hanna dropped by the local insane asylum to visit Mona, with her trusty BFF Aria (Lucy Hale) by her side. (Side note: It’s very telling that Rosewood, despite being a small town, has its own nuthouse.) After a few disturbing interactions with the former “A,” the girls overheard Mona muttering a bunch of nonsense, including: “Ms. Aria, you’re a killer; not Ezra’s wife.”

As it turns out, Mona was speaking in her own special code language — a series of acronyms and nonsense — which directed the girls to their strangest discovery yet: A website with Maya’s (Bianca Lawson) picture on it! Now all they need to do is figure out the site’s password in order to unlock… well, I’m not really sure. But whatever it is, it will probably be shocking. (Also, it’s about Maya, so the password is probably “pot.”)

In other twisted news, Jason (Drew Van Acker) went on a drunken joyride and crashed his car — but before you ask, no damage was done to his ridiculously perfect face, thank God. I’m also thankful for Queen Spencer (Troian Bellisario), who covered the whole thing up so no one would know her half-brother was driving drunk. Toby (Keegan Allen) seemed especially against Spencer lying for Jason, but as always, his opinion was quickly dismissed. (Doesn’t he know the first rule about dating a Pretty Little Liar? The boyfriend’s only real job is to play dumb and look pretty.)

Emily’s (Shay Mitchell) life also took a complicated turn this week. Not only did she befriend CeCe Drake, a disturbing Alison look-alike, but Maya’s cousin Nate also told her she was the prettiest girl in Rosewood. In fact, he basically told her that if she wasn’t into girls, he’d be really into her. The parade of weirdness concluded when CeCe called Jenna (Tammin Sursok) and threatened to “scratch her eyes out” if she didn’t stay away from Nate.

Is it possible that CeCe just out-crazied Alison? I’m scared, you guys.

What did you think of this week’s ‘puzzling’ episode? Any guesses about the secrets on Maya’s website? Do you predict Toby and Spencer will be the next couple to call it quits? And who wants to bet that Nate isn’t done being a major creeper? Drop me a comment with your thoughts and theories!

— Andy Swift

More Pretty Little Liars:

1. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Wins Choice TV Drama At 2012 Teen Choice Awards
  2. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ First Look: Gregg Sulkin Arrives In Rosewood
  3. ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Recruits Adam Lambert For Halloween Special

check my reference

Posted at 3:21 PM on April 18, 2013

Very interesting subject , appreciate it for putting up.
“Remember when life’s path is steep to keep your mind even.” by Horace.

Leanza

Posted at 9:17 PM on April 17, 2013

I don’t think the line. Miss aria ur a killer not Ezra’s wife was a clue. Mona has sort of hinted about aria being A. That line, aria “pretending” to be A to throw Hanna’s mom off the track of A. Mona calling aria big A.

Gabi

Posted at 4:26 PM on January 28, 2013

I think there is a lot of mystery in this if you use Mona’s crazy code Miss Aria You’re A Killer Not Ezra’s Wife it spells MAYA KNEW but the question is what did Maya know?

alison

Posted at 6:22 AM on July 21, 2013

probably she knew she was a target

ugg boots sale

Posted at 12:23 AM on November 17, 2012

I’ll furnish my house with furniture.I beg your pardon.He strolls about the town.I believe I haven’t reached the summit of my career.That makes no difference.I appreciate John’s helping in time.I appreciate John’s helping in time.It sounds great!He is a smart boy.Does the computer ever make a mistake.

carissa

Posted at 8:57 AM on August 23, 2012

heyyyy! pretty little liars is awesome!!!!!!!! i think the A team is aria maya and paige! i cant wait to watch it again. paige had the knife in her bag and the other earing that jenna found! so obviusly she might be A but maya was pretending that she was dead so now im cunfused so she might be A! you never know for sure but might be! byeeeee :)

linkedin hunter bonus

Posted at 10:50 AM on August 2, 2012

Just desire to say your article is as astounding. The clearness to your publish is just cool and that i can think you are a professional on this subject. Fine together with your permission let me to seize your RSS feed to stay updated with approaching post. Thank you one million and please keep up the rewarding work.

SkyMackenzie

Posted at 11:49 AM on August 1, 2012

In the latest episode “stolen kisses” paige seemed a little psycho when she found that maya was a target of being drugged. Saying in a heated tone “I will kill them” .. on a personal note I think she is boring, typical and awkward. And Nate, as suspicious as they come. Why was he snooping around the lake House? ? He claims because he wanted to fell mayas spirit basically but I don’t buy it. He was snooping around yes to feel “maya’s spirit” but in an obsessive way. He wanted to observe maya whereabouts since whatever she was doing in rosewood was much more important than being with him.AND LAST.we heard one of the Ateam voice. I actually think it was an well ovsr aged woman talking. Her voice seemed old and her fingers were old looking in a way. The way her vein pop out of her fingers when she typed. The voice too me kind of matched up too spencers mom, Ezra Mom, or Hanna mom.. YIKES!

Shhh

Posted at 11:30 AM on July 26, 2012

Here’s the real question: does MAYA KNEW mean that Maya knew too much and had to be silenced by A…or Maya knew every secret the girls had and IS the main A…after all, she did live in Ali’s house for a while. I find it hard to believe that she didn’t read Ali’s diary and since Mona had it in her little weirdo hideout, somebody had to have given it to her… With everybody thinking Maya’s dead, she can’t be considered a suspect for anything that happens to the girls or for what happened to Ali’s grave. Just a theory…

Jkjello

Posted at 9:11 PM on July 25, 2012

I really like your recaps!!! And apparently PLL like them too because hey actually posted a link for your last weeks recap on their facebook account!!

Alison

Posted at 8:16 PM on July 25, 2012

maya knew could be the password…i think maya is alive because they never confirmed from the finale that it was maya’s body and emily remembered a little bit from the flash back…i bet nate will tell us next week or the website reveals she is still alive

-A

Kimber

Posted at 10:26 AM on July 25, 2012

Ms Aria You’re A Killer ,Not Ezra’s wife!
MAYA KNEW!!!!

Sarah

Posted at 10:13 AM on July 25, 2012

I really think that the password is “IMMD = I miss my dolls”. Not sure what that stands for but im sure we’ll find out.
Alot of people dont remember this but that is what Mona said (twice) as she was being taken away by the nurses. As she was saying it she was looking at the girls in the closet AND it came after her saying the website.

Just a hunch tho :)

wso dan lew

Posted at 5:04 AM on July 25, 2012

Remarkable issues here. I am very satisfied to look your article. Thanks a lot and I am taking a look ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

Specials On Aftermarket Performance Accessories

Posted at 1:54 AM on July 25, 2012

I’ve been surfing online more than 3 hours today, but I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It is beautiful worth sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

High Quality Aftermarket Performance Accessories

Posted at 1:45 AM on July 25, 2012

I just could not depart your site prior to suggesting that I really loved the usual information a person provide for your guests? Is going to be again ceaselessly to inspect new posts

Cindalin

Posted at 11:33 PM on July 24, 2012

“Ms. Aria, you’re a killer; not Ezra’s wife.”

MAYA KNEW!!!!!!!!!

What did she know????

Kat

Posted at 11:32 PM on July 24, 2012

I think the password to the Maya website is “Maya Knew”. The words Mona said, “Miss Aria, you’re a killer, not Ezra’s wife” makes the acronym M A Y A K N E W. As everything else that led the Liars to the website was an acronym, I think this acronym is the password.

Just a theory ;)

Lynn

Posted at 12:49 AM on July 25, 2012

Someone on ABCFamily.com said an interesting thing about maybe the password not being “MAYAKNEW” but the password is whatever she knew. Like, she knows who A is. That could somehow be related to the password.

GOSH THIS IS SO CONFUZZLING!!!

Alison

Posted at 8:18 PM on July 25, 2012

wow and they crack the password according to next week’s sneek preview so this could be a big reveal..i wonder who A is I’m going to die once I find out

-A

Kayla

Posted at 11:13 PM on July 24, 2012

Im still so thankful they made the show because the books were not working for me lol

kendra

Posted at 10:56 PM on July 24, 2012

i loved this week’s episode so much drama going on

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:05 PM on July 24, 2012

Me too! It was really creepy and it set up some cool stuff :)