James Holmes’ First Court Appearance — Did He Look Insane?

Mon, July 23, 2012 12:08pm EDT by 13 Comments
James Holmes Arraignment

Ash

Posted at 8:58 PM on August 4, 2012

Of course he’s mad, if I had eyes that ugly I would be too. It would be nice if they slowly chocked him to death while breaking every bone in his body.

californialady1939

Posted at 7:44 PM on July 24, 2012

Not being a mental health professional I confess I don’t know how insane looks. I’m sure that 99.98% of your readers are the same or less educated that I am and less experienced with life than I am so why are you asking them to look at a man in a photo and make a guess as to what an insane person looks like. Since mentally ill people have different looks just like the rest of the population I don’t think non professionals can read the status of a person’s sanity by observing their behavior in pictures or on television. I think you have to be well schooled in Psychiatry or Psychology to be able to judge that a person is shamming. More to the point is does the man with the black hair and the smile on his face look sane?

PJ

Posted at 5:41 PM on July 23, 2012

If watch his face very closely especially his eyes you will see that he is in full control of very move he makes. It is an act, he is working the system. This man took months to plan this out, and if you look close enought into his past there are probably warning signs, but they might not have been recognized. But this is the face of a killer, a calculating, devious, dangerous killer. No one goes to the extent that he did an not be without any remorse. Does he know right from wrong, of course he does.

Ruby workman

Posted at 4:54 PM on July 23, 2012

I recognize that look on his face! It’s he same one my 8 yr old puts on when es tryin to get outta being punished for something he did wrong! No way in Hell , he doesn’t understand or know what he did wrong! I couldn’t care less what legal wrangling his attorney tries to pull, we need to stop making excuses for criminals in America! I for one am sick to death of it!!

Ash

Posted at 9:02 PM on August 4, 2012

Watch out!

Kendall

Posted at 2:44 PM on July 23, 2012

Hey! Has anyone ever told you that God loves you and has a Wonderful plan for you life? i have a real quick but important question to ask you, if you were to die today do you no for sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that you’d go to heaven ? if not say this with your heart and lips out loud pray, Jesus, forgive me of my sin,save me, be my Lord,U have come in the flesh,died & rose for me,Jesus is my Lord.

Ruby workman

Posted at 4:57 PM on July 23, 2012

Hey! Has anyone ever told you, that if a God-less man commis serial murders, he’s not interested in what God or anyone else has to say?!

Skandar

Posted at 2:04 PM on July 23, 2012

I just can not imagine what could push the 24-year-old, Ph.D. student to commit such a horrific crime. Instead of spending the best time of his life, going out with his mates, picking up girls, having fun and just enjoying life he chose to take the lives of 12 people and spread the feeling of horror and gore over the whole country. What could it be? Family problems? Studying failure? Breaking up with gf? or were drugs and alcohol the reason of the crime? goddamn, i have no idea… God bless every soul that we lost at that night…

Lori

Posted at 2:29 PM on July 23, 2012

Skandar I was thinking the same thing. What happened to this young man that made him turn to such evil and dark actions? But I do not think he is insane. Like others have said he was coherent and calculating when he was planning this evil attack and setting up traps in his apartment so now he must face justice.

eleanor

Posted at 10:56 PM on July 23, 2012

Did you ever hear of the Devil? He puts evil in men’s hearts, and then the evil flows out of the heart and the person does the evil thing. It is called “sin”.But that is an old fashioned word and nobody uses it any more. People look for all kinds of things–“chemical imbalances” “frustrations” of different kinds. But the force is made of evil, and it makes sin grow in the heart, and then people do evil things. People get healed of this evil that makes sin by a process called repentance to Jesus. But that isn’t very popular any more either. so the evil just keeps pouring out of people’s hearts

Allie

Posted at 1:52 PM on July 23, 2012

No he is not insane. He is a coherent, intelligent person. He is just acting expressionless and a bit loopy to be considered for the insanity plea. He know what he is doing, and is trying to play the court system. He may be a psychopath, but he is coherent.

leanne

Posted at 1:52 PM on July 23, 2012

I could care less what he looked like, waste of space.

gbtw

Posted at 1:44 PM on July 23, 2012

neither. he’s just drugged. i don’t care what he is, as long as he’s behind bars. it might be nice to know what makes a person like this… what makes them the way they are, and what makes them explode. his poor family… i don’t know what would be worse, being the mom of the 6 year old who was killed; or being the mom of this freaky killer.