'Gossip Girl' Writers: Season 6 Must Be In Chuck & Blair's Favor

Thu, July 19, 2012 2:29pm EST by 74 Comments

Jade

Posted at 4:56 PM on July 19, 2012

Thanks for the great article Nicole. I agree with every single word! No more drama for Chuck and Blair please. The characters and their fans deserve some happiness after all this torture!

Laura

Posted at 4:42 PM on July 19, 2012

This is true! they are the best love story ever, I just can’t get enough. After all they’ve been through , hell after all we fans have been true. they deserve their fairytale ending ….

Jess

Posted at 4:22 PM on July 19, 2012

Agree with everything Nicole :) There is a limit to how long you can stretch out the will-they-won’t-they between two characters who really love each other, and the Chuck/Blair story hit that point a year ago! With only 10 eps left it’s time to let the Dan/Georgina/Serena/Nate/Ivy fivesome carry the drama whilst CB get to be loved-up and happy.

Shanna

Posted at 4:20 PM on July 19, 2012

Thanks for the article Nicole! You’re awesome!

Allie

Posted at 4:16 PM on July 19, 2012

Agreed completely. I don’t care when, where, or how, but Chuck and Blair need to get married, and I need to see it. Thanks for the article, Nicole!

Leigh

Posted at 4:12 PM on July 19, 2012

Chuck & Blair All The Way!!! CHAIR is ENDGAME–always has been & will be!!! And, Blair is the ONLY woman Chuck has ever told “I Love You” & Blair has ONLY ever said it & meant it w/Chuck!!

Stephanie

Posted at 4:07 PM on July 19, 2012

Please give us a happy ending for Chuck and Blair. If we don’t get one then the whole series will have been a waste of time.

Jenny

Posted at 4:00 PM on July 19, 2012

I think we deserve a smooth ride after all the angst and drama. Chair wedding and babies in headbands and bowties please. :P Ok, maybe they are a little young for the babies but I think a flashforward to them as a family would not be too much to expect. :))

Shanna

Posted at 4:19 PM on July 19, 2012

I don’t think it would be too much to ask at all! But I’m biased so I’m dying to see Chuck and Blair with a family. It’s such a big part of each of their series long arcs that it would make alot of sense to see them with family and children. Chuck has worked hard to be a better man than his father and Blair has always been (per Nate in 2×13) maternal. She had that miscarriage last season and nothing ever came of it. A family makes alot of sense for them.

carolina

Posted at 11:02 AM on July 20, 2012

OMG! Yes I agree with you! It would not be too much to ask and it would fit with the stories they have been telling about Chuck and Blair for the longest time! I hate that the writers ignored Blair’s miscarriage. It made her look so cold. Please deal with it in season 6. Would love to see Chuck get a chance to be there for Blair. He wanted to be there after she lost the baby but she rejected him. I know they only have 10 episodes but this is something that would go a long way toward rebuilding them as a couple too.

Ozzie

Posted at 12:07 PM on July 20, 2012

I would kill to have a storyline like that. I keep hoping the reason they didn’t show Blair grieving for her baby was becasue they were going to save the story for Chuck and Blair. It’s hard to stay hopeful after the effery of Safran’s Dan Humphrey reign but now that he’s gone I’m feeling a little hope again. Season 1 and Season 2 were the best of Gossip Girl and Chuck and Blair got top notch writing then – especially in Season 2. Savage and Schwartz being back spells good things IMO.

Susana

Posted at 12:54 PM on July 20, 2012

I’ll add my agreement. Seeing Blair deal with the loss of her baby with Chuck by her side would make me very happy. But I worry they don’t have enough time in 10 episodes to do that kind of thing. Particularly with all the guest stars they have coming on. Blair’s plate will probably be full just mending her relationship with Serena.

Tracy

Posted at 2:27 PM on July 20, 2012

They are the only characters on the show that I can actually see having a family. I want to see it before the show ends. :))

lulu

Posted at 3:53 PM on July 19, 2012

I heard that the season doesn’t just begin in Chuck’s hotel suite but it’s a Chuck and Blair scene. A flashback to immediately after the casino scenes from 4 months earlier. Finally some sexy Chair scenes!

carolina

Posted at 11:04 AM on July 20, 2012

Season 5 of Gossip Girl was devoid of all types of sexiness – not just Chuck and Blair sexiness. What a waste. All we got was gross bad BAN sex. Blech. The final season should give the fans Chair and Serenate sexiness, doncha think? :D

Stella

Posted at 2:45 PM on July 20, 2012

Seriously? Maybe my prayers have been answered! #CBSEXRIOTINSEASON!

Rema

Posted at 3:49 PM on July 19, 2012

Thank you Nicole! Loved the article and totally agree! :)

Janelle Harrison

Posted at 3:40 PM on July 19, 2012

Tumultous doesn’t even sound like a strong enough word for what the writers have put Chuck and Blair and their fans through! lol. But as someone once told me, the bigger the obstacles the more likely a couple is endgame. So my fingers are crossed we are going to finally get a reward for taking this long, tortorous journey. No pain no gain. ;)

Holly

Posted at 3:32 PM on July 19, 2012

I adored this article! Thank you! Season 6 needs to give fans of Gossip Girl a decent payoff so that means more of all the core relationships. To me that equals NJBC, Serena & Blair and of course Chuck & Blair. Chair wedding it is beyotches!

Sarah

Posted at 3:27 PM on July 19, 2012

I loved the article!!. Nicole thank you very much!!. I’m so excited for next season!!, I want to see Chuck and Blair happy and forever. They deserve their happy ending!!.

Nalia

Posted at 3:23 PM on July 19, 2012

Thank you Nicole! Season 6 is without a doubt in Chuck and Blair’s favor. I had no idea it begins in Chuck’s hotel suite! Interesting – heheh

Billie

Posted at 3:15 PM on July 19, 2012

I agree that Chuck has changed and grown a tremendous amount. It’s frustrating when people ignore that fact but c’est la vie. We know they made Chuck become a better man so he and Blair can get the happy ending they deserve. :) For the first time since they had Chuck sleep with ol’ racoon eyes I’m actually excited about Gossip Girl lol

carolina

Posted at 11:06 AM on July 20, 2012

Word about Chuck changing and people ignoring it. But who cares? We know the truth and we’re going to get a happy Chuck and Blair endgame. That makes me happy :)

Aliaa

Posted at 2:33 PM on July 20, 2012

Thank you. Anyone that doesn’t think Chuck has changed isn’t watching the show.

mahnaz

Posted at 3:14 PM on July 19, 2012

Chair forever plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jennifer

Posted at 3:10 PM on July 19, 2012

Getting excited for S6! There needs to be a Chair wedding, that’s for sure!

charlotte

Posted at 3:02 PM on July 19, 2012

I definitely think S6 is in Chuck and Blair’s favor. :) There is a reason the wriers have never allowed both of them to move on at the same time (or for either of them to move on for very long). As long as one or both of them were in love and pining for the other then Chuck and Blair’s love story remained alive. They are the star crossed lovers of the Gossip Girl series and the only satisfying way to end the series is to finally give them a happily ever after <3

Ozzie

Posted at 12:09 PM on July 20, 2012

Really good point about Chuck and Blair never moving on for very long and one of them always pining for the other. They are the only couple on the show that that is true for. It’s clear they did that for a reason: Chuck and Blair Endgame for sure. I just hope the destination was worth the journey.

donna

Posted at 2:58 PM on July 19, 2012

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this lovely article, Nicole! Completely AGREED! We deserve our CHAIRytale after torturous obstacles! And they have overcome ALL of them because they love each other so much and they understand and complete each other like nobody ever can! Chuck&Blair True love True happiness. <3

Lucy

Posted at 2:56 PM on July 19, 2012

Lovely article! Only one thing I’d correct:

Blair isn’t just the first girl Chuck said “I love you” to.
Blair is the ONLY girl Chuck has said “I love you” to <3

Kim

Posted at 11:46 AM on July 20, 2012

Haha! That is exactly what I said! :) I love that Chuck has only said “I love you” to Blair. He doesn’t give his heart away easily so that makes his feelings for her very special.

Ozzie

Posted at 12:12 PM on July 20, 2012

YES! I was going to point that out as well! lol Another thing I love about Chuck vs Blair’s other suitors is that he does all these sweet things for her anonymously. He never expects to get credit for them (getting Blair into Columbia, paying the photographer to boost her spirits, paying her dowry last season, giving her the perfect prom, etc). He has screwed up alot but he really does just want her to be happy “however that’s achieved” (3×1). She’s had a number of guys do sweet things for her from Nate to Louis to Dan. But they always get credit so I can’t really call their actions totally selfless. Chuck never expects anything in return. He just wants to see her happy <333

diana

Posted at 2:53 PM on July 19, 2012

“They’ve had so many ups and downs that it’s time to give them a chance to be happy.” I second that!!Chuck and Blair and the Chair fans deserve a happy-end!Lovely article like always:)

Christal

Posted at 2:50 PM on July 19, 2012

Thank you Nicole! Loved this and completely agree!

Chris

Posted at 2:45 PM on July 19, 2012

I love & agree with every single word you wrote !!!!

Meg

Posted at 2:39 PM on July 19, 2012

After last season Gossipgirl certainly owes fans somthing great with Chuck and Blair. Thanks, Nicole!

Danielle

Posted at 2:39 PM on July 19, 2012

I agree wholeheartedly with you Nicole ;)