Sam Claflin Cast As Finnick Odair In ‘Catching Fire’ — New Report

Wed, July 18, 2012 1:46pm EDT by 42 Comments

Do you think Sam has what it takes to fill Finnick’s beautiful shoes? Vote now!

The hunt for the dreamiest gentleman in Panem is finally over! Sam Claflin has been offered the part of Finnick Odair in The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire, Zap2it reports, beating out everyone from Garrett Hedlund to Armie Hammer for the plum role.

Some of you may remember Sam from his role in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, but of course, we’ll always think of the 26-year-old British actor as Kristen Stewart‘s prince in Snow White and the Huntsman.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do you think Sam has the chops — and the looks — to play Finnick? Vote below, then tell us how you really feel in the comments section below!

— Andy Swift

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More Hunger Games News:

1. ‘Hunger Games’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’ Inspire Most Popular Baby Names
  2. Kristen Stewart Wants ‘Hunger Games’ To Win Best Kiss at MTV Movie Awards
  3. Jennifer Lawrence: I Wasn’t Too Fat To Play Katniss In ‘The Hunger Games’

maggie

Posted at 11:31 PM on December 31, 2012

Ryan Phillipe was my obvious number one choice!!!!

peg

Posted at 6:00 PM on November 1, 2012

Garret is too sloppy looking. Sam is perfect. Have you ever heard of contact lenses?

Katie

Posted at 3:21 PM on October 8, 2012

I’d rather have garret hedlund because he is tall, green eyes, tan, and he is a really great actor. Sam is pretty good but he doesnt completely match finnick odair. I’m just saying

Gina

Posted at 1:55 AM on August 10, 2012

I always pictured Cam Gigandet. (Minus the James long hair.)

pheonixlake

Posted at 8:54 PM on August 9, 2012

alex pettyfer all the wayyyy

Cavalin

Posted at 1:00 PM on August 8, 2012

No. I’m boycotting the movie if this is true.

Tasha Montgomery

Posted at 6:37 PM on August 7, 2012

I imagined Jackson Rathborne in the role. Oh well… At least it’s not Rob Pattinson.

Jenny

Posted at 4:09 PM on August 7, 2012

I agree with you guys. Someone like Garrett would have been so much better.

Kaeley

Posted at 3:23 PM on August 4, 2012

I don’t see him a Finnick. Not at all. They should have cast Garrett Hedlund. Your a good actor Sam, but i don’t see you as Finnick Odair.

Tish

Posted at 5:09 AM on August 4, 2012

I can’t see him as Finnick… I’m kinda disappointed to be honest. I was picturing someone like Garrett Hedlund as Finnick