Roberto Martinez Ditches 'The Bachelor' For New Girlfriend — New Report

Wed, July 18, 2012 11:07am EDT by 7 Comments

So sad! Roberto reportedly denied an offer to be the next ‘Bachelor’ because he’s already found  love! Read on for more details!

Roberto Martinez reportedly won’t be going on a second journey to find love — and it’s not because he’s taking a break from love!

The sexy 29-year-old insurance agent was reportedly offered to be the next Bachelor for $500,000 , but turned down the generous offer for his new model girlfriend, Kara Ramos, according to Star magazine.

“There was instant attraction between Roberto and Kara,” a source tells the mag. “He fell for her so hard that a little while after they met, he attended a wedding in Florida and then made a detour to Connecticut before heading home to the West Coast, just to see her again. They spent a romantic weekend together and really cemented their budding relationship.”

But once news broke that Roberto was considering being the next bachelor, Kara reportedly wanted to end the romance. The 26-year-old model was planning on visiting him in San Diego for a weekend and cancelled her trip!

“Kara was crushed when she found out, and Roberto felt so bad that he offered to reimburse her for her plan tickets. She’s really attracted to him, but she was afraid of becoming too attached — and then seeing him meet someone else on the show,” a source tells the mag.

But Roberto decided the big bucks wasn’t worth losing a girl he was crazy about!

“Roberto already knows what it takes to have a love relationship played out on national television, and he’d rather have his privacy now with a girl he’s really crazy about,” a source tells the mag. “Since he’d made that decision, Kara has plans to move to L.A. so they’ll be closer.”

Hmm! Well, since it sounds like Roberto is out of the running — will Sean Lowe be a done deal?

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Weigh in below!

More on Emily:

1. ‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard: Does She End Up Alone?
  2. ‘Bachelorette’ Recap: Emily Maynard’s Most Emotional Goodbye This Season
  3. Emily Maynard & Jef Holm: Most Romantic Hometown Date Ever

Anonymous

Posted at 8:53 PM on August 22, 2013

Roberto is a total player, handing his number out to every single girl behind Sara’s back. Oh well she will learn soon enough.

Debbie

Posted at 12:46 PM on July 29, 2013

I hope Roberto has found love after Ali. I thought she was absolutely crazy to let him go for whatever reasons, of which I thought was that she liked all the tv action and he wanted to go back to a private life. Good Luck you handsome hot hunk and to the lucky lady that gets to be with you. :)

Yolanda

Posted at 5:34 PM on July 19, 2012

I just don’t buy it. This is probably just a ploy to throw every one off. Why would he want to be with someone that wants to live in LA and him in San Diego. That is why him and Ali had problems. I have a feeling Reality Steve is right on this one and signed the deal. He will be the next Bachelor. I have a feeling people are going to be on pins and needles to find out. Hopefully they will annouce it soon. I have to admit I am a Roberto supporter all the way!!!

A

Posted at 1:51 PM on July 18, 2012

Star magazine is the least trust-worthy tabloid magazine. I don’t think they have ever printed a true story. Roberto probably hasn’t even met Kara. As Reality Steve has confirmed, Roberto is DEFINITELY the next bachelor. This story is just bogus.

GinaK

Posted at 4:11 PM on July 18, 2012

A I am with you. I don’t buy it. I just read an Article that said she wants to move to LA to be close to him. I would think if she wants to be close to him move to San Diego. She is a model so you would she would be traveling alot. From what I have read he wants to start a family soon. It just doesn’t sound right. I do believe they offered him 500,000 beacause I think ABC wanted him that bad. This might just be a ploy to throw everyone off. Who knows. I guess time will tell!!!

revo

Posted at 11:32 AM on July 18, 2012

Turning down 500k to pursue a woman he just met is impressive. I was hoping he would be the next bachelor, followed by Sean.

gbtw

Posted at 1:50 PM on July 18, 2012

or, turning down half a million dollars in this economy for someone he doesn’t even know is…