Singer Andy Williams Spending Dying Days Surrounded By Family — Report

Mon, July 16, 2012 9:59am EST by 46 Comments
Andy Williams Dead

Lynn

Posted at 3:02 PM on August 14, 2012

could’t believe the news.Andy has been such a large part of my life for 42 years.I can’t imagine the world without him in it.God bless you Andy and thank you for the wonderful songs

Dan

Posted at 11:52 PM on August 13, 2012

God gave you a gift and you gave it to us, Thank you.

Gary Nottingham

Posted at 11:31 AM on August 10, 2012

Mr. Williams, God is waiting to Heal You right now. READ: MARK 16 gospel, …..and they (believers in Jesus Christ), SHALL LAY HANDS UPON THE SICK AND THEY SHALL RECOVER. IT DID NOT SAY THEY MIGHT RECOVER, IT SAID THEY SHALL RECOVER. BELIEVE WITH ALL YOUR HEART. ALSO read Isa.53:5, Matt8:17 and 1 Peter 2:24, BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED. YOU ARE HEALED FOR WHAT JESUS DID FOR YOU ON THE CROSS. SIR, WHAT DO U HAVE TO LOOSE??? I AM PRAYING FOR U, BEING A MINISTER MYSELF.

Barbara

Posted at 1:58 PM on August 8, 2012

My parents took me to an Andy Williams concert in the 60’s when I was in my early teens and I have a signed album from that show. It is one of my prized possessions. God Bless Andy and his family.

Peter M. Arel

Posted at 5:12 PM on August 6, 2012

I hope Andy Williams reads these posted comments telling him how much his music is enjoyed by many people-myself included-and how much he and his songs are loved by so many people every day. I learned the words to the theme song from “Love Story,” which was one of the songs in my sister’s wedding ceremony. The other two were Paul Stookey’s “Wedding Song(There Is Love)” and another Arel
Family favorite, “Sunrise, Sunset,” from “Fiddler On The Roof.”

Peter M. Arel

Posted at 11:50 PM on August 4, 2012

Andy I especially enjoyed your Christmas specials on television;I have performed at least one or two of those great traditional Christmas songs at least once. I love the way you sing “Silent Night.” When I perform it I include one verse in French or German (I took both of those languages in high school). I REALLY love the way you sing “O Holy Night.” I am a performer myself.

Peter M. Arel

Posted at 11:21 PM on August 4, 2012

Andy you have given me and my family many years of wonderful music.Hope you beat your cancer and are able to perform again! A couple of friends of mine said that one of your songs was played at their wedding(more likely, their reception). I especially like your interpretations of songs by Mac Davis, Bobby Russell and Jim Croce;I especially like the way you sing Gordon Lightfoot’s songs,too(“If You Could Read My Mind,” “The Last Time I Saw Her”).

KPanter

Posted at 7:11 PM on August 2, 2012

I remember watching the Andy Williams show with my parents when I was young. I have always enjoyed his music. He is part of my Christmas every year and will continue to be. Thank you Andy!

JMHunt

Posted at 5:05 PM on August 2, 2012

I read about the cancer last year but I really am sorry to read this headline about his “dying days”. He was quite simply GREAT. Those Andy Williams Shows were part of childhood.

God bless you Andy and thank you for the music.

Jan

Posted at 12:04 PM on August 2, 2012

My heart is breaking over this article. I have always enjoyed Andy Williams and have been a fan of his since I was a teenager and he was on television with his first family. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time but I am still hoping for the best. Jan

Ken Turzer

Posted at 9:16 PM on July 30, 2012

I Rember Wachting Andy when I was a kid with my mom every Xmas special Looked forward to it every year my heart goes out to his family and friends

Louise

Posted at 8:27 PM on July 29, 2012

He is the best of the best, my husband and I watched and listened to him always.
God willing he will recover and keep on singing.

Jennifer

Posted at 6:05 PM on July 29, 2012

When I was just 10 years old, I met Andy Williams one morning when I woke him up on my way out the door to the bus stop. He was sleeping on our couch in Auburn, Maine after having spent time with my dad, Jud Strunk and Robin Ross – up all night singing and writing great music of course! I enjoyed his music and want to see him sing again. I hope the reports of his health are not true!

Bennet Paes

Posted at 8:16 AM on July 23, 2012

Andy, you fed my ears with such a melodious voice, but I know well that all good things must come to an end.
God bless you and your family.

Bennet Paes
Asolna, Goa (India)

Michael

Posted at 1:08 PM on July 18, 2012

Again, this is FALSE, please remove this. I’ve just talked to everyone involved, this is utterly untrue. Stop hurting him, his family, his friends, his fans and his business.

debora

Posted at 10:29 PM on July 17, 2012

andy willams, you are the best,and will be missed

diane

Posted at 5:11 PM on July 17, 2012

Hopefully this is not true. I took my mil and daughter to see Andy a few years back in New York. He is an amazing performer and just a really nice guy. I wish him all the best and hope to make it to Branson one day to see him again!

James

Posted at 3:15 AM on July 17, 2012

Well, hopefully Christopher Rogers will lose his job for not checking his facts before writing a false story. I live in Branson and have worked for Andy for many years. I talked to him less than a week ago and talked to his wife yesterday. He is doing great! He has been back in Branson for several months now. Hollywood Life just lost a ton of credibility thanks to Chris Rogers. Im sure Andy will make a joke about you this fall in his show.

Barb

Posted at 5:28 PM on July 16, 2012

I cannot seem to find out if this story is true or not. I called his theater today and they are expecting him to be part of this year’s Christmas shows. I find it odd that CNN or MSNBC hasn’t posted something on their new site. If this is a hoax, shame on the person who started it!

If it is true then I am very grateful for the sheer joy of Andy Williams talent as a performer. He has always had a voice that has stood out amongst all the others. I have many memories of watching and listening to him while growing up. He definitely is part of my childhood.

May you have a wonderful reunion with his parents and brothers. Prayers for his wife and family.

Michael

Posted at 1:09 PM on July 18, 2012

It is not true. Go to KY3 dot com and search his name for current statements, and be sure to check in on Andy’s official Facebook and website for more information.

Alene & Alvin Russell

Posted at 4:16 PM on July 16, 2012

To Andy and his loved ones: What a joy you have given to our family over the years. Our prayers for all for the peace and grace to weather this storm of life. We are so sorry to hear that you are suffering. Know that you have a huge cloud of love and good wishes from all of us and your fans surrounding you during this time. God bless you and yours. Love from the Russells in Pottersville near West Plains, MO.

Ewan

Posted at 2:59 PM on July 16, 2012

Michael
How do you know for sure that the article on Andy williams is not true?

Michael

Posted at 10:08 PM on July 16, 2012

I know because I work for him, he’s my friend, and I know his family and the people he meets with on a daily basis and I’d know if this nonsense was true. He has released a statement about the falsehood of this rumor through a spokesman just this afternoon.

Michael

Posted at 12:47 PM on July 16, 2012

This story is false. It began circulating last week, but Andy has been home in Branson for months, not the last few days. He is recovering, and planning his Fall show. Please take this false story down.

JMHunt

Posted at 5:07 PM on August 2, 2012

Well lets hope you are right.

Karine

Posted at 12:06 PM on July 16, 2012

One of many things 4 sure … Always loving & always loved…TC

Kate

Posted at 11:29 AM on July 16, 2012

Andy will be truly missed and what a legacy he is! Saw him perform over ten times in Branson and what a true gentleman he is and his audiences felt like his close friend when they left the theater. Branson will never be the same and happy he has chosen to spend his final days there with all the peace and tranquiltuy Branson has to offer!

Our prayers and thoughts will be with Andy and his family!!!

Charles Becker

Posted at 11:21 AM on July 16, 2012

Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your entire family during this difficult time in your life. May God watch over you and bless you now and always.