What will Elena be like as a vampire? How will her fangs affect her love life? The ‘Vampire Diaries’ cast answers all your burning questions!
The Mystic Falls crew assembled July 14 at San Diego Comic-Con, and while season four is still three-ish months away, The Vampire Diaries stars filled fans in on what’s to come — including how Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) new ‘life’ as a vampire will alter the never-ending love triangle between Salvatore brothers Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder). Let the angst, and spoilers, begin!
– Ian assured fans that, of course, Elena becoming a vampire will have a major effect on the show’s love triangle: “It’s going to add a really interesting dynamic between [Stefan, Damon and Elena]. … I think they’ll learn a lot together in a really short amount of time.”
– Nina also explained the differences between human Elena and vampire Elena: “It’s going to be difficult. … Everything’s going to be heightened and she’s constantly going to be struggling with what she is.”
– Apparently we will be seeing Katherine again — but not “until Klaus [Joseph Morgan] is no longer a threat,” per executive producer Julie Plec. (Quick poll: Who would you rather have on the show, Klaus or Katherine? Drop a comment with your pick.)
– Despite Alaric (Matt Davis) biting the dust, Meredith (Torrey DeVitto) will stick around Mystic Falls.
– And speaking of the good doctor’s boyfriend, Julie made it very clear that Matt Davis has an open invitation to return the show at any time.
– Damon will be pissed at Stefan for saving Matt (Zach Roerig) over Elena. Scenes shown to fans included Damon throwing Matt against a wall, and Damon sarcastically thanking his brother: “Now the world has one more quarterback.”
– Fans will learn more about witches in season four, which quite a bit of focus on the ‘origins’ of that crazy mother Esther.
What are you most looking forward to in season four? Are you hoping Elena will stick with Stefan, go back to Damon, or choose to live as a single lady? And which character would you rather have in Mystic Falls, Katherine or Klaus? Drop me a comment with your thoughts and theories below!
— Andy Swift
More Vampire Diaries Season 4 Scoop: