Roberto Martinez Would Make A Better 'Bachelor' Than Sean Lowe

Thu, July 12, 2012 6:02pm EST by 10 Comments

Sean and Roberto are both rumored front-runners to be the next ‘Bachelor’ — but despite Sean’s wholesome and good-boy vibes, my vote goes to Roberto! Read on to find out why!

Roberto Martinez took my heart away when he introduced himself to Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky in 2010.

He won every girl over with his Spanish flare! And as Ali got to know him, she was totally smitten, too.  There was no doubt he’d be the one to ultimately win her heart, but flash forward to a little more than a year later and the two unfortunately parted ways. While it’s unclear exactly what happened, it wasn’t a nasty break-up like past Bachelor/Bachelorette ones have been.

I would be so happy to see Roberto be the next Bachelor. He’s totally hot, has swagger, he’s smart and charming. Any girl would be lucky to have him.

But then we have Sean Lowe from season 8 of the Bachelorette with Emily Maynard. He’s the guy who would chase after Emily just to get one more kiss goodnight.  Any girl would be lucky to have him too, but I don’t think people were as emotionally invested in Sean as they were with Roberto.

Sources have told us that both Sean and Roberto have received offers to be the Bachelor, and while many of you, HollywoodLifers, are rooting for Sean — I’m not.

It’s time for Roberto to get back in the race! It’s his time to hand out the roses! He’s such a stud that I think it would make for one of the best seasons of the Bachelor ever. And after this snooze season of the Bachelorette — we’re in dire need of a drama-filled Ben Flajnik kind of season.

While nothing is confirmed yet, I hope in the coming weeks Roberto is announced to be the next Bachelor.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Who would you rather see be the Bachelor: Sean Lowe or Roberto Martinez?

More on Emily:

1. ‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard: Does She End Up Alone?
  2. ‘Bachelorette’ Recap: Emily Maynard’s Most Emotional Goodbye This Season
  3. Emily Maynard & Jef Holm: Most Romantic Hometown Date Ever

Sarah

Posted at 5:58 AM on July 18, 2012

You may have been team Roberto but many many weren’t. I myself was team Chris. i had no feeling for Roberto and also thought Ali might send him home after her completely discouraging Hometown date where his dad asked her to gove everything up for him.
Sean may be quieter than the Arie’s and Ryan’s of this world, but he is genuine and real, and his family has a sense of humour that I’ve never seen in another candidate. he can laugh at himself, Roberto can’t.
This is one time I am hoping that reality steve is wrong. Go team Sean.

Jamie

Posted at 2:40 AM on July 18, 2012

I completely disagree when you say people are more invested in Roberto emotionally then they were/are with Sean.

I couldn’t have been more bored with Roberto than if you had handed me a steel pipe to play with. Would Sean be the perfect “Bachelor”? I don’t know, maybe not.

But please, do not have Roberto become the Bachelor. I don’t get why everyone fell in love with him!

kay mclean

Posted at 12:29 PM on July 17, 2012

Roberto is private and does not what is life to play out on a realty show. when he it ready he will have no problem fine the one for him and beleive me the break up was not all Ali fault, she is a sweet and very nice girl. If you had the pleasure to meet roberto and Ali fine, but Ali does not have a fake bone in her body and I think Roberto would tell you that. They wanted different things in life, but that does not mean that they don’t care and have alot of respect for each other. They were engaged for 18 months so that means something special, we should not talk about them. Sean is the real deal and is not fake. He really wants to fine love because he has so much to give. My vote goes to Sean.

Robin

Posted at 3:43 PM on July 14, 2012

I love me some Roberto! It has been 2 years of watching him in how he relates to people, personality, charm and him just being a overall good guy. Part of me doesn’t want Mike Fleiss to put his dirty hands on him. I do feel he can find a nice woman to date privately besides going on this show. I had the pleasure of meeting him in LA in person last spring at a restaurant. He was having lunch with Ali. Roberto was so friendly! Boy oh boy! He is hot! Ali was fake friendly to say the least. Roberto is one of the good guys who is about family & marriage. Bad that Ali acted a fool and let him get away. Its her loss!

amigok9

Posted at 8:16 PM on July 13, 2012

While they both seem like great guys, I am really looking forward to seeing Sean as the bachelor. Not only did he have looks, but he had personality, wit, sincerity, a humbleness about him, common sense (could go on) and I think he would bring a lot of depth to the next season.

Sue

Posted at 8:12 PM on July 13, 2012

SEAN ALL THE WAY SHOULD BE THE BACHELOR!!!!
Roberto is Old News.

Winnie

Posted at 2:39 AM on July 13, 2012

I am 100 % rooting for Roberto Martinez, Jr. to be the next Bachelor all the way…. Not only is he so, so hot, but he does seem to be so very sincere about finding love and just settling down like most normal couples do. I was totally rooting for him during Ali Fedotowsky’s season of the Bachelorette & was very ecstatic when Roberto ended up with the final rose, but now, I am even more ecstatic that he & Ali are no longer together because this would be a great opportunity for him to find happiness & true love that he so rightly deserve…. I’m hoping that Roberto will get to be the next Bachelor & if he does get to be, I have all the confidence that he will find the right woman of his choice…. BTW, for you all’s info, I have nothing against Sean…. I’m pretty sure he’s a very nice guy & all that, but, I’m just a hardcore Roberto Martinez, Jr. fan!!!! Just saying….:-)

Yolanda

Posted at 11:02 PM on July 12, 2012

I agree with you Nicole in writing this article. I am totally rooting for Roberto Martinez Jr. on being the next Bachelor. Not only is handsome but seems like he has one of the biggest hearts. After all this time I would love to Roberto handing out the roses and so would Emily. Sean seems like a nice guy but my heart is with Roberto all the way!!!

Mary

Posted at 8:27 PM on July 12, 2012

I like them both, however I think Roberto had his chance by Ali choosing him.
Personally, Sean to me is the Real Deal and ready to find love.
I choose Sean!

Lola

Posted at 6:40 PM on July 12, 2012

Those who have met Roberto speak very highly of his kindness, his humble ways, and his down-to Earth demeanor. Somewhere in there lies the reason why him and Ali did not work out.

He is the real deal and the fact that he turned down a juicy check to remain in the good place he is today speaks volumes of his integrity.