Channing Tatum Wants To Play Christian Grey In 'Fifty Shades'

Thu, July 12, 2012 9:07am EDT by 32 Comments

Now that he’s stripped down for ‘Magic Mike’ the actor says he’d be willing to play the dashing billionaire who’s into having crazy sex — would he make a good Christian Grey?

Channing Tatum is ready to get freaky in the sheets! The actor reveals that he would totally star in the onscreen version of Fifty Shades of Grey but only under one condition.

“I would do it,” he says. “But I think my wife would need to play the Ana character because from what I hear there’s a lot of crazy stuff in that movie. I don’t know, we’re always down for new experiences, so maybe!”

Girls have been swooning over Channing ever since he starred in the hit 2006 film Step Up. But would he be the perfect guy to star in E.L. James’ soon-to-be flick?

Tell us what YOU think!

— Chloe Melas

More on ‘Fifty Shades of Grey':

1. Selena Gomez Caught Reading ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’
  2. Kristen Stewart Reads ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’
  3. Nina Dobrev: Ian Somerhalder Would Be ‘Great’ In ‘Fifty Shades’ Movie

Leigh Ann Rogers

Posted at 1:22 PM on November 28, 2012

Channing has been my pick since I was in the middle of the first book. He is the only choice.

Sally Bends

Posted at 10:35 PM on November 20, 2012

Channing Tatum is the only person that could play Christian Grey. He has the looks, Sexy body and a great smile. We want Tatum in Fifty Shades of Grey

Anjou

Posted at 5:36 PM on October 1, 2012

He isn’t what I pictured Christian grey. His wife as Anastasia?? She doesn’t quite match Anastasia character. Alexis biedel is better.

G.M

Posted at 7:36 PM on September 14, 2012

100% Christian Grey should be played by Channing Tatum. He has such a great body. He is sexy wtih clothes on or without. When I saw Magic Mike, my girlfriend and I turn to each other said Christian Grey

mi

Posted at 7:27 PM on September 11, 2012

yes pleeeeeeeese

A. K. Weaver

Posted at 8:21 AM on August 8, 2012

In my vision of Christian Grey while reading and RE-Reading the books, I have visualized his character being played by Channing Tatum. He does have the RIGHT look for Christian and if he is concerned about the different types of “toys” and the SECRET things in the “Play-Room” he needs to explore his ability to disconnect from his “Character” and his “Real-Life”. I don’t think that should be a problem.. He is an actor.

He (Tatum) can ALWAYS “Try” the things he acts out on screen with his wife, in the privacy of their home and NOT on screen. She might not be the Ideal “Ana Steele”. But, then again…

I agree that this will be a tedious undertaking to find the RIGHT Christian Grey and Ana Steele, and Good luck to the ones who do end up in these Monumental roles. For they WILL have a HUGE following, to insure they stay “True” to the integrity of the books.

Kitty

Posted at 6:14 PM on August 2, 2012

I so think Channing is right for this, part but whoever does get to play Christian there will be mixed feelings because we have all have our own picture of Christian in our minds…its going to be a huge job for whoever gets it!!