Anne Hathaway Says She Majorly Cried After Chopping Her Hair

Thu, July 12, 2012 11:15am EST by 15 Comments

The beautiful star confessed in a recent interview that cropping her hair short for a movie roll reduced her to inconsolable tears and was worse than ‘jumping off a building!’– what do you think of Anne’s pixie cut? Sound off

There is no denying, Anne Hathaway is one dedicated actress! To prepare for her upcoming role as Fantine in the film adaptation of Les Miserables the accomplished star, 29, not only lost a dramatic amount of weight, but she chopped her gorgeous long locks to a serious pixie cut.

While appearing on Live! With Kelly July 12, Anne said, “I wasn’t expecting [cutting my hair] to be a big deal. It was my idea to do it, since it was something the character did.” But, as the haircut neared, the star started to have reservations, “I realized I couldn’t take it back.”

Once the cut occurred, Anne was reduced to ‘a mental patient level of crying…I was inconsolable,’ she says. Cutting her hair was harder than ‘doing back flips out of windows and jumping off of buildings,’ which she’s had to do for previous roles!

We applaud Anne for her bravery and dedication to her craft!

HollywoodLifers, what do you think of Anne’s short hair? Vote below!

– Jennifer Tzeses

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

Isabel Reyes

Posted at 6:40 PM on November 6, 2012

Shes beautiful either way<3

Penny

Posted at 2:44 AM on November 3, 2012

she’s so cute that she could have a mount of spaghetti on her head and she would still look gorgeous! pisses me off =.=

Adam Baum

Posted at 1:06 AM on December 8, 2012

WRONG

lainey

Posted at 9:20 AM on August 1, 2012

i love her hair so much i just had mine cut the same as it although my hair dresser said it was nicer on me as (i dont have a big face) anyway i love it

irena

Posted at 11:31 AM on July 18, 2012

Gorgeous with or without the hair. I do think she should gain her weight back. She looks way too thin, but still beautiful.

Guess

Posted at 8:59 AM on July 19, 2012

i agree with you on the weight. she looks too thin.

i don’t understand logic behind hiring beautiful actresses, then change their looks so much that they look less than appealing. how can they expect the movie to do well?

just looking at anne hathaway’s and charlize theron’s latest appearance, it is going to be too sad and sorry to be watching Les Miserables or Mad Max: Fury Road respectively.

vp

Posted at 1:13 PM on July 15, 2012

I can totally relate to Anne’s reaction. In addition to the trauma of such a dramatic change, the press/media can be so cruel. I love Anne’s crop and I hope she adjusts to it and keeps it!

She looked like the average “girl next store” before- not a celebrity. Now I think she could rock a major fashion or beauty campaign. I didn’t notice how gorgeous she was before.

Not many people can pull this off and look sexy and beautiful, but Anne can. The cut can look meek or boyish on others. However, Anne has the perfect hair type, face shape, and body type for the style. A “job well done” to whoever did the cut as well. It really is stunning.

Autumn Sharrow

Posted at 10:53 AM on July 14, 2012

I think it looks beautiful! Very flattering on your face shape. I would rock it!!! Maybe in burgundy though ;)

selena&demi

Posted at 2:42 PM on July 12, 2012

If somebody cut my hair it wouldn’t be worse then jumping of a building I WOULD DIE I would never let myself be seen or heard I wouldn’t be a human I would wear a wig a super glue it to my head

This is why I love Ann because if this happened to any other girl we would die but she is controlling herself

Susan

Posted at 2:39 PM on July 12, 2012

I love it! My first thought was that it really showcases her features. She’s a beauty and a serious actress, and I think that cutting her hair no doubt was very useful while she was filming Les Mis. I think she looks very chic! Good for her! (I wish I could tell her I can commiserate with her about initial reactions. I had the same experience when my hair was cut short as a child. I cried my eyes out and told my Mom I thought I looked like this guy on General Hospital. lol)

Lisa

Posted at 2:10 PM on July 12, 2012

As soon as I heard she was playing Fantine, I wondered what would happen to her hair. I totally believe it would be tramatic for her. Hair is a part of your identity and I’m sure even with consoling herself that it is “only hair” and “it will grow again”, it was still a major shock. She is still lovely, but I hope she grows it out. (Pixie cuts belong on fairies.)

CM

Posted at 5:35 PM on September 29, 2012

I was actually wondering if the initial cut was live on film, like the singing is. (Then she could have had it properly styled afterward) But I hope you never have to deal with chemo, Lisa. ^^ I’ve been totally bald, twice – and take it from me, that was the least traumatic aspect of being a cancer patient

Shastalove

Posted at 11:45 AM on July 12, 2012

Anne you still have a bit of weight to lose to be mentally healthy. One stone more of weight lost should about do it lose the stoner.

c

Posted at 11:37 AM on July 12, 2012

seriously? its just hair, grow up

Tiffsiciliano@hotmail.com

Posted at 3:09 AM on September 30, 2012

Oh gag me. Shut up all of you. Try losing your hair completely involuntarily due to chemo at age 43 and then you’ll know what a real problem is.