'True Blood' Scoop: Is Bill Turning Evil? New Spoilers Reveal Major Twist

Wed, July 11, 2012 11:49am EDT by 27 Comments
True Blood Spoiler Bill

Warning: Stop reading if you don’t want to know what’s coming up on ‘True Blood’!

Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) has always been Bon Temps’ most virtuous vampire — often to a fault — but as True Blood edges closer to its fifth season finale, Sookie’s (Anna Paquin) ex-fiancé might also be edging closer to the dark side. According to fresh spoilers, “Bill slips into religious fervor” on the Aug. 19 episode, which prompts to Sookie to “seek insight from the faerie Elder.”

But wait, it gets so much worse.

Apparently Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) “tries to save Bill from losing his humanity” on the Aug. 26 season finale — ironically titled “Save Yourself” — which could set up a potentially disastrous story line for the newly announced sixth season.

I’ve always been a card-carrying member of Team Eric myself, but that’s only because I equated Bill with a loaf of dry bread. If these spoilers turn out to be true, however, I think I might find myself very invested in his character this season.

How do YOU feel about this potential shift for Bill? Drop your thoughts and theories in the comments section below!

— Andy Swift

More True Blood:

1. ‘True Blood’ Recap: Sookie & Russell Edgington Finally Come Face To Face
  2. ‘True Blood’ Scoop: Valentina Cervi On Russell, Lillith & The ‘Touching’ Finale
  3. HBO Renews ‘True Blood’ For Sixth Season

william

Posted at 9:33 PM on August 20, 2012

Buy true blood seasons 1-5 at dvdshopau

JoyEllice

Posted at 12:26 AM on August 20, 2012

Dude, chill. This article IS accurate. So nobody is making anything up. I don’t know where YOU got the idea that this was made up. And if you thought it was made up, you didn’t have to get so worked up about it, it’s not gonna kill you.

Kirk

Posted at 11:08 PM on August 13, 2012

If people don’t want to watch it or hate that it doesn’t follow the books, here is a clue … DON’T WATCH IT. It’s that simple.

I like the season and I like the books.

The complainers didn’t write the books, nor read that the series is loosely based on the books. Some of you can cry an ocean :)

chris

Posted at 10:44 PM on August 12, 2012

i HATE this new story line. i am on the verge of not watching anymore and cancelling HBO. it SUCKS pun intended.

maria smith

Posted at 9:31 PM on August 11, 2012

i am a huge fan of true blood, but this season sucks; bad. true blood should have kept it simple, but they had to go all epic and complicated

Pat Ann

Posted at 7:23 PM on August 6, 2012

I love Bill but not evil Bill. I would so much like to see him and Sookie back together instead of her being a slut and sleeping with everybody. Pam is gone crazy, Tara is so unlikeable. Eric is ok but don’t like him with Sookie. I love Lafayette being strong like in the beginning. TrueBlood is a very good show. Wish Deadwood would come back, it was very good also.

E.A.

Posted at 3:35 PM on July 12, 2012

You have no idea what you are “speculating about” and you are simply making up things to have something to write about and make waves with. You give NO SOURCE material for your whacky ideas. You simply make it up as you go! What is your source? your cat?

No wonder this blog is SO UNKNOWN! YOU ARE A FAILURE!

Of course you are a “card carrying Eric Fan” but you definitely do not have any idea of what Alan Ball has in store for the characters. If you did you would not have posted this really idiotic article. Can’t get readers unless you post lies and stupid stuff? Obviously!

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:27 PM on July 12, 2012

Normally I don’t respond to out-right haters, but I feel the need to correct every single one of your points:

1. I don’t know why you put the word “speculating” in quotes. I never used that word.

2. I’m not sure why you’re saying I “give NO SOURCE material” when I clearly linked to the SpoilerTV.com post that originally posted the spoilers.

3. What’s wrong with being a fan of a character?

esw46

Posted at 11:53 PM on July 12, 2012

Hi Andy,
Don’t pay attention to this hater is upset that Bill is going to be a bad guy and Eric will be trying to save him…..I don’t like Bill but I like Stephen Moyer and I know he will play Bill as an Evil vampire to the hilt. These spoilers I am sure are accurate or you wouldn’t put your reputation or professionalism out there like this.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:57 PM on July 13, 2012

THANK YOU! :) I feel the same way. Love Stephen Moyer.

prillaortiz

Posted at 2:55 PM on July 30, 2012

This article is crap. You give no spoilers. Just as E.A. said speculaiton. Spoilers are something that we don’t already know. You just described the previews. Idiot

Ash

Posted at 11:58 PM on July 11, 2012

I normally like your articles Andy, but “most virtuous”? Really? I mean, I could see you thinking that way back in S1, but the show has long since exposed that facade of Bill’s. I’m just tired of some people saying this. Bill used to roll around in beds with his victims, he’s tried to kill Eric since 1905 because he wants to be more powerful than he is and doesn’t like having to be under anyone. We found out he had a deal with Nan since the 80’s to become king in exchange for working for her, we’ve learned that he let Sookie be beaten to the brink of death so he could dope her with a huge amount of his blood AND, perhaps even worse, make her think he saved her from it when he was in fact watching!! I just don’t think there’s an excuse to call Bill “virtuous” at this point. We’ve seen that usually when he does something seemingly virtuous it was because he was trying to emotionally manipulate Sookie. Look, practically noone on this show is what I would call virtuous, although many have some virtuous qualities, but calling Bill “virtuous” to a fault or whatever is just ridiculous at this point. Sorry, but that’s not what the show has shown as at all. Even in S1 they gave us hints, like Bill glamouring that cop and scaring him until he pissed his pants. Bill is at best a grey character with a dark nature and penchant for violence (see his sex scenes with Sookie…major hints about the blood and violence obsession), that he likes to pretend he doesn’t have or wishes he doesn’t. If he does “turn evil”, it’s only because he’s giving into what’s already there. Bill may not be rolling around in bloody beds anymore, but who he is at the core is not different. The core of who you are does not change. And he comes from a line of psycho vampires as well. Eric on the other hand, while he can be vicious and cold, is a man of honor and loyalty that Bill will never measure up to, and he knows it. Hence the grudge since 1905. I will always support Eric with Sookie, not because he’s a “bad boy” (that term doesn’t really fit any character on this show), but because he is her match, he understand who she is, he sees her as a strong woman, a woman who doesn’t need to be controlled, and a woman of great kindness and loyalty. Sookie and Eric both have the hearts of warriors, they both are loyal to those they love, their connection is too great to even be called just emotional…it’s so much more, spiritual really, as we saw from S4.

esw46

Posted at 12:31 AM on July 12, 2012

I agree with you totally ash, Bill has been a liar from the very beginning …..he is all about doing whatever it takes for his betterment…..glad he is being shown as the bad vampire because he has been that for awhile now…..Eric has been cast as the bad vampire but he is the good one really, he is not perfect but better than bill.

Slinky the Cat

Posted at 1:57 AM on July 12, 2012

^This x1000. Spot on analysis, esw46. The role reversal between Eric and Bill has been subtlely coming to light more and more each season.

That being said, I still find it amusing that people insist on propping Bill up as the knight in shining armor. Almost as funny as people trying to say Alex Skarsgard isn’t the defacto lead and biggest draw for True Blood.

Slinky the Cat

Posted at 2:00 AM on July 12, 2012

Make that *spot on analysis, Ash! Agree with your post too, esw46. ;)

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:25 PM on July 12, 2012

Perhaps it was a poor choice of words. By virtuous, I just meant he tends to play by the rules more so than Eric.

ewwwwww els

Posted at 12:33 PM on July 13, 2012

ROFL

don’t know what the hell you are on but you sure haven’t been watching the same show that I have.
Eric is a viking vampire and true to his nature sure but where are you are getting your opinion on Bill etc gees talk about biased.
Get real the show is more than about Snookie and Ewak. Grow up.

Tigereyes

Posted at 10:10 PM on July 11, 2012

Mary, love your post and totally agree. Bill Compton all the way. <3<3

mary g

Posted at 9:20 PM on July 11, 2012

Some people forget that Alan Ball created this series, and it is he who decided from the beginning BEFORE the casting was complete, what kind of character Bill Compton would be. He is one of the, if not THE best characters in the show, and the silly, ‘tween-ish comments are from people who are not aware that his character and the Sookie Stackhouse character are more responsible for the show’s success than any other character, including Eric. But the real secret to the success is the combination of the vampire and human characters, with some other supes thrown in. One must be smart enough to see the ingenious journey Bill is going on. His twists and turns are the most fascinating of all! Love King Bill!

taim

Posted at 3:32 PM on July 11, 2012

Excuse me, but since when Bill Compton is Bon Temps’ most virtuous vampire ? Did I miss something? Annoying how the press is always trying to hype him up, even though he is most definitely one of the least favourite characters on the show. He is annoying and should have never been such a big deal on the show, yeah the show is not the books, but at least he stays a minor character in them.
and also: Bill always had an evil side on him. Forgot the rat beating? He lied the whole time throughout his relationship with Sookie.

ewwwwww els

Posted at 12:38 PM on July 13, 2012

bill has lied and nine times out of ten it has been to proctect Snookie.
Get your blinkers off, it is an ensemble show, all great characters and actors and it’s about time you moronic ELs got that through your childish minds. Without ever single character – including Bill there would not be a TB show on the air.
Grow up.

sonia

Posted at 1:29 PM on July 11, 2012

I’m just waiting for Tara to stop playing victim…..

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:12 PM on July 11, 2012

I’m waiting for Tara to just… stop.

Kayla

Posted at 5:46 PM on July 11, 2012

I’m waiting for you to stop to. Stop existing for all our sakes.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:28 PM on July 12, 2012

“Stop existing?” What a ridiculous and inappropriate thing to say to a real person when the only comments I made in this article were about fictional television characters. Why don’t you think about your words before you type them?

Kayla

Posted at 5:45 PM on July 11, 2012

Haha so funny. I didn’t realize stupid people were being bred to take over the internet.

Because you can play the victim being raised by an abusive parent. And you can play the victim being a minority, and you can you can play victim by being raised in a racist town, and you can play the victim by getting raped.

I mean after all, if you’re a kid and you’re getting physically and mentally abused by your parents …it’s not like you need money to leave …you can just leave. As a child you always get a choice of which town/city you would like to be raised in. You can totally change the color of your skin any time you want to. And as a human being you can totally take on a vamp and prevent him from raping you by saying no. ///sarcasm

Just die in a fire Sonia. You’re an embarrassment to woman everywhere, hopefully you can’t reproduce. I would hate to see how your kids turn out.

Shallow Hal

Posted at 12:33 AM on August 23, 2012

outside of kaylas ugly skin is an even uglier person inside.