‘Teen Wolf’ Recap: The Truth About Jackson’s Parents Is Revealed

Tue, July 10, 2012 12:00am EST by 22 Comments
Teen Wolf Episode 207

Plus, Lydia’s visions take another freaky turn. Pray for that girl.

The July 9 episode of Teen Wolf posed a crucial question for viewers: Can Jackson (Colton Haynes) still look hot, even while literally eating a snake? The answer, as it turns out, was yes — but that was the least of this week’s bizarre revelations.

After his little snake snack, Jackson dropped trou and attacked Allison (Crystal Reed) in the boys’ locker room. Fortunately, Scott (Tyler Posey) came to her rescue, challenging his soapy naked rival to a battle in the shower — and in true Teen Wolf fashion, their old buddy Mr. Dubstep was right there at the center of the action. In the chaos of their battle, Matt (Stephen Lunsford) got his hands on the tablet with all the information about the Kanima, so now there’s one more person who knows way too much.

Jackson’s little freakout prompted Stiles (Dylan O’Brien) to ask Erica (Gage Golightly) about Jackson’s real parents, only to discover his mom died before giving birth to him via c-section. This bit of information was dropped during detention, which was orchestrated by the gang’s creepy science teacher. I can’t think of his name right now, so I’ll simply refer to him as Professor Creeps. Oh, and did I mention that Professor Creeps’ car is the same one the Kanima approached a few weeks ago? Could he be controlling Jackson?

There’s also a bit of a situation going on with Scott’s mom at the hospital. After a pregnant woman’s husband was killed by the Kanima, she was brought in for treatment, but a hooded stranger moseyed in to suffocate her. I’m assuming she’ll somehow give birth to another Kanima, thus continuing the great Circle of Life that Elton John sang so passionately about in The Lion King.

And you know that guy Lydia (Holland Roden) has been hanging out with? The super creepy one who gave her that flower last week? It turns out he’s actually the teenage version of Peter (Ian Bohen), who’s been planting images in Lydia’s mind as part of his grandmaster plan. And what plan is that, you ask? Well, judging by the final shot of the episode, I’d say Peter is going to have Lydia dig up his charred corpse and somehow bring him back to life.

Should be a real nice time!

OK, let’s have a serious talk about this episode: Is a new army of Kanimas on the way? Do you think Professor Creeps is really controlling Jackson? And what’s going to happen to Lydia? Drop a comment with your best thoughts and theories!

— Andy Swift

More Teen Wolf Coverage:

1. ‘Teen Wolf’ Recap: The Kanima Strikes Again — Can Jackson Be Saved?
  2. ‘Teen Wolf’ Recap: The Kanima Is Finally Revealed
  3. ‘Teen Wolf’ Mystery: Is Lydia Really The Evil Kanima?

Matt

Posted at 5:03 AM on July 13, 2012

When I rewatch the episode, I noticed when Alison and Jackson were in the locker room, he was about to scratch Alison neck, peter did that to Kate. I now think peter is controlling Jackson

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:20 AM on July 13, 2012

That would actually make a lot of sense. I feel like the science teacher is being made to look like the controller, but Peter is a more sensible option.

jake

Posted at 9:28 PM on July 12, 2012

I think the person controling the kanima is gerrard he stood still and seemed unafraid of the creature. Lydia is immune so i wonder if scott will try and use her to cure himself. One question still remains what is the vet and what are the other creatures he knows about?

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:20 AM on July 13, 2012

I don’t think Gerard is controlling Jackson… but I do think there’s something weird about him. All those pills… What’s he trying to suppress?

Ryan MC

Posted at 2:25 PM on July 12, 2012

this episode definitely brought up a lot more questions than I’ve had in the past. i finally understand that jackson turned into the kanima instead of a beta because of his unresolved past of his mother dying before giving birth. but does he continue to be the kanima until he resolves his past? do you really think their chem teacher is controlling jackson or helping whomever is controlling him? and i do suspect lydia is the back up plan to revive peter or somehow turn her into an alpha when the time is right and live on what he wanted to do. god damn it i have so many questions i just want them all to be answered i cannot wait for next week

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:21 AM on July 13, 2012

Yeah, I’m curious about Lydia’s involvement, too. Will she bring Peter back to life? And if/when she does, what will happen to her?

Emily

Posted at 10:13 AM on July 11, 2012

I was shocked with the whole Peter Hale thing, and i wonder if Lydia would really dig him up to bring him back to life. I could do without the whole eating the snake, and it coming out of Jacksons eye. i am loving the fight scenes this season. I still don’t know whats going on with Lydia, but i hope we get answers soon, i seriously don’t think shes crazy. Season 2 trumps season one. There are more new cast memebers, and new twists and turns.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:21 AM on July 13, 2012

I agree! Season two has been 10 times better than season one. They’re really building on the mythology and I’m loving it.

Mike

Posted at 3:56 AM on July 11, 2012

This was the best episode yet!!! I hated Erica throughout this season so far, but I love her after this episode. Her and stiles need to hook up. Jackson really bothered me this episode and the whole snake coming out of the eye was really gross. There’s supposed to be a death coming up in this season soon and I’m really hoping it’s not, Lydia or Erica because they are my favorite characters now. I’m kind of hope it either issac or Jackson. Oh, the whole thing with Lydia this episode was amazing, I hope for the rest of the season things like this happen to her. I really hated the fact that they are bringing peter back because, I hated him last season.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:22 AM on July 13, 2012

Yeah, my tune is also starting to change about Erica. She’s not so bad… :)

Mimi

Posted at 10:29 AM on July 10, 2012

That was a great episode!!! Probably my favorite so far. I think that the master is definently Peter Hale, somehow. Using Jackson, he warned them all not to stay in his way. He also told Lydia that you always have to have another plan. I also think he’s using the chem teacher to help him out in some way. If you remember back in Season 1, when Peter attacked the chem teacher he blamed him for helping Alisson’s aunt burn down the Hale house. As for a young Peter Hale, evil or not he is so freakin hot lol. Grandpa Gerard probably has knowledge of what is going on or something like that. More will be revealed about him later on. He did say “let ur enemy do the work for you”.

Anthony

Posted at 2:42 AM on July 10, 2012

Wow!! This episode left me with more questions than before! I’ll definitely be watching to see how everything plays out. As far as the chemistry teacher, it’s obvious that he is somehow involved with the Kanima situation, but he is not the master. Yes, he did purposely assemble Scott and the gang in the library, but did you notice that when he got in the car he looked in the rear view mirror as though someone was in the backseat?! You can even hear noise, like someone else buckling in or getting out of the car.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:22 AM on July 13, 2012

Is it obvious? Or do they WANT us to think he’s involved?

Dun, dun, DUN!!!

darlene

Posted at 2:08 AM on July 10, 2012

Young peter is fkn hot
I think the whole peter n lydia thing is cute even tho he using her
I would love to see them in love
n stiles n eric would be cute shit too

Andy Swift

Posted at 5:40 PM on July 10, 2012

I won’t disagree about young Peter… :)

Kiki

Posted at 12:51 AM on July 10, 2012

This episode was so good. My favorite episode so far. I really want to know whats up with Lydia!! And I wonder how Mrs.Morell plays in all this. She is an alliances for someone. This show is getting very good! Can’t wait for next Monday. Oh and that snake coming out of Jackon eye!! Wow lol that was gross haha.

Andy Swift

Posted at 5:41 PM on July 10, 2012

Yeah, that was really weird how they KIND OF referenced Ms. Morell… but not really. I wonder if she’ll play into the whole thing.

June

Posted at 12:42 AM on July 10, 2012

The new guy that likes lydia is Michael Fjordbak

Samantha

Posted at 1:20 AM on July 10, 2012

He is sooooooo hot

Spencer

Posted at 5:18 AM on July 10, 2012

too bad hes Peter hale supposedly

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:53 AM on July 10, 2012

I was wondering why they kept his name a secret!

Now we know… :)

nawisa

Posted at 10:14 AM on November 30, 2013

i think allisons grandpa is controlling jackson it pretty obvious in one of the episodes it shows her granpa putting hishhand up to jackson