'Jane By Design' Recap: A Surprise Proposal Leaves Jane Speechless

Tue, July 10, 2012 11:20pm EDT by 10 Comments
Jane By Design 115

Someone liked it — and definitely wants to put a ring on it. As if Jane’s life wasn’t complicated enough!

Jane’s (Erica Dasher) fairy tale life almost came crashing down around her — once again — on the July 10 episode of Jane By Design when her mom (Teri Hatcher) decided to whip up an online dating profile for Gray (Andie MacDowell), following the news that Beau has found himself a much younger fiancée. And, of course, India (India de Beaufort) was somehow able to manipulate Kate’s kind gesture in yet another attempt to oust Gray from the company.

Sneaky little India set up a fake date for Gray, as well as a surprise meeting with one of Donovan Decker’s biggest competitors. The plan was simple: Gray would show up for her date, bump into the competitor, India would snap a picture, and everyone would think Gray was jumping ship. But there was one thing India didn’t factor into her scheme: Gray getting cold feet! (Better luck next time, ya beautiful weasel.)

I also have to tip my hat to Jane — not something I’m used to doing, I know — for selflessly helping Billy (Nick Roux) get to his dinner with Zoe instead of heading into the city to stop Gray. Maybe there is a selfless bone somewhere in her body after all! Of course, it helped that Jane had Eli (Bryan Dechart) to back her up.

Meanwhile, Rita (Smith Cho) and Amanda’s war over Ben (David Clayton Rogers) reached dangerous new levels of crazy, and neither girl is backing down. Couple that with the fact that Amanda cast Zoe and Nick (Matt Atkinson) as Cinderella and Prince Charming in the school play — they’re totally going to hook up, mark my words — and it’s safe to say Amanda is ruining everybody’s life. That chick has got to go!

But the biggest shocker came, as always, at the very end when Kate’s ex-boyfriend Dakota stopped by for a surprise visit — and proposed!

Oh, mama…

So, what did you think of this week’s developments? Do you also foresee a Zoe/Nick hookup on (and off) stage? Will you miss Jane’s mom when she takes off — again? And are you proud of Jane for FINALLY doing something for Billy? Drop a comment with your review of the episode!

— Andy Swift

More Jane By Design News:

1. ‘Jane By Design’ Star Erica Dasher Previews Jane & Eli’s First Real Date
  2. ‘Jane By Design’ Stars Forced To Evacuate London Hotel After Fire
  3. ‘Jane By Design’ Recap: Jane Clashes With Her Long-Lost Mom

Mercy

Posted at 7:50 AM on August 8, 2013

I would lik to c jane find a solution to d problem dat came up at d end of d season 1,i would also lik to see jane nd billy’s kiss,i also tink him choosing her now is alittle too fast maybe in d last season nd iwould lik to c jane nd eli date at least just for a while.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! abc bring JBD back i really l:*ve that sh:)w

carol Charleroy

Posted at 7:11 PM on July 17, 2013

I just recently caught a show from abc,family then after watching all 18 episodes found out it was Canceled wouldn’t mind losing pretty little liars its a big soap opera if they could bring back jane by design

lohlah bal

Posted at 4:13 PM on July 17, 2013

Wld really love to watch season 2 of jBD,want τ̅☺ find out wat will happen τ̅☺ billy and jane. Though,wld really prefer if she ended hookin wit nick

DJP

Posted at 8:53 AM on May 25, 2013

Please bring back JBD, im so desperately want the show back!Billy and Jane should be together…

Dee Die

Posted at 9:52 AM on January 14, 2013

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, bring Jane by design back, so I can stop crying about the show being over. But seriously, this was a really good show, it did not deserve to be canceled, every episode left me wanting more. It was just the right amount of drama, and wondering how Jane would get out of a problem was always fun.

Rhonda Maine

Posted at 11:53 PM on July 14, 2012

HELP! Who plays Dakota in this episode? It’s killing me! I know I’ve seen him before, but I can’t place him, and I can’t find anything online.

Rhonda Maine

Posted at 11:56 PM on July 14, 2012

Never mind – of course, just as I posted this – I found it! Dakota is played by John Brotherton, which is exactly whom I thought it was!

alice kim

Posted at 11:07 AM on July 13, 2012

Hi! I love JBD
I’m a korean girl. So there are so many restrictions to watch JBD, WHAT do i Do???

Maria

Posted at 1:19 AM on July 12, 2012

I seriously hate Jane’s mom. She is the WORST mother on earth. TAKE HER OUT OF THE SHOW. She bothers me and her acting. ugh. I just her whole persona in Jane by design. not to mention she needs to learns hot to stay away from Jane and Ben’s life. I HATE HER. I can’t wait until Jane and Eli get together. Although Jane and Billy will be perfect for eachother. I don’t like Prom Queen Amanda she’s ugly. all that slutyness and makeup on her face. EWWW. take her away. The only two people I hate and will stop watching the show if they don’t get run over by a car, bu, train, bird or such.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:17 AM on July 13, 2012

Oh, wow.

I kind of love Teri Hatcher, and I think she’s a great addition to the show. Her character is another story. And don’t worry, she’ll be gone soon. :-/ I will miss her.