'Gossip Girl' Finale: Kelly Rutherford Says Chuck & Blair Should End Up Together

Tue, July 10, 2012 8:15pm EDT by 12 Comments
Kelly Rutherford Interview

Plus, Kelly tells HollywoodLife.com what she predicts will happen with the Bart-Lily-Rufus love triangle!

Hollywoodlife.com spoke with Gossip Girl star Kelly Rutherford, 43, at the NYC screening of Farewell, My Queen on July 9 — and she gave us the inside scoop of what she thinks is in store for the final season!

Will Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester) finally end up together? We’re all dying to know, so we asked Kelly if she thought that “Chair” will finally get the happily-ever-after we’ve all waiting been for in the final season!

“Oh, God I hope so,” she gushed at the screening hosted by the Peggy Seigal Company. “They’re so cute together. … They’re kind of an iconic couple.”

Kelly also opened up to us about the shocking twist that Bart Bass was still alive, which will force Lily to choose between Rufus and Bart! But who will she ultimately end up with?

According to Kelly, “it depends on which direction they’re gonna go with the story line and who they sort of plan for Bart to be.”

HollywoodLifers, do you think Chuck and Blair will end up together?

– Jenny Pickard

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More Gossip Girl news:

1. ’7th Heaven’ Star Barry Watson Joins ‘Gossip Girl’ As Serena’s [SPOILER]
  2. The CW Reveals Fall 2012 Premieres: ‘Vampire Diaries,’ ’90210′ & More
  3. Chuck & Blair To Marry On ‘Gossip Girl’?

Allie

Posted at 1:59 AM on July 12, 2012

Agree completely! And I love Kelly, she looks gorgeous in that photo :)

sara

Posted at 12:32 PM on July 11, 2012

i agree with Kelly Chuck and Blair should end up together , they ‘re sooo cute together , they belong together ♥♥

donna

Posted at 8:07 AM on July 11, 2012

IA with Kelly as usual :)))) Chuck and Blair happy ending <33

I love lily so much and i like her with Bart but i hope Rufus and Lily would have their chance again. They are great loves as Chuck and Blair :)))

Kelly Rutherford Fan

Posted at 2:13 AM on July 11, 2012

Thank you for this! I adore Kelly and thinks she’s brilliant as Lily. I hope both Chuck & Blair and Rufus & Lily are endgame. They are after all both “great loves” and great loves should get their chance at happiness.

Danielle

Posted at 1:37 AM on July 11, 2012

I agree with Kelly about Chuck and Blair.

I do still think Rufus and Lily are endgame still.

Callie

Posted at 12:15 AM on July 11, 2012

Kelly is the best! Chuck and Blair need to be together and yes they are so iconic.
She’s also got me interested in what’s going to happen with Lily, Bart and Rufus! The one different worlds (UES vs Brooklyn) couple I want to see as endgame is Lily and Rufus. I hope it happens.
Other than them I want Nate and Serena, Dan and Vanessa and of course Chuck and Blair. :P)

Cacey

Posted at 10:52 PM on July 10, 2012

I agree with Kelly! Chuck and Blair are so ICONIC! I can’t wait to see them together as a couple in Season 6! I’ve missed them so much!

maria

Posted at 10:19 PM on July 10, 2012

OMG, let me love you Kelly!!! Totally agree, they have to end up together. Love them so much.

Wendy

Posted at 10:17 PM on July 10, 2012

Aww, I love Kelly! Yes, Chair is an iconic couple! They definitely should get back together and they will.. for good! I can’t wait to see how it will all play out in this final season.

Sarah

Posted at 10:06 PM on July 10, 2012

Of course Kelly!!!, totally agree. I also want Chuck and Blair end the series together and happy!!, and I’m sure they will. And yes, they are iconic couple!!!!

Meg

Posted at 9:29 PM on July 10, 2012

Love Kelly and agree! Chuck and Blair belong together!

Alyssa

Posted at 9:16 PM on July 10, 2012

Love you Kelly! Of course Chuck and Blair should end up together! I agree that they are truly iconic couple. The show needs to end with them getting their happily ever after.

Intriguing answer about Bart/Lily/Rufus. I always thought Lily and Rufus were set in stone so now I’m more interested than ever in seeing how the story plays out. I’m kind of hoping Lily is scheming against Bart but who knows.