'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard Was So Strong Not To Go In The Fantasy Suite

Tue, July 10, 2012 10:10pm EDT by 9 Comments
Emily Maynard Fantasy Suite

Emily Maynard definitely earned respect from viewers when she [SPOILER ALERT] refused to spend the night in the fantasy suite! Don’t you agree? Read on for more details!

Emily Maynard isn’t only on a journey to find love — she’s also trying to find a father for her six-year-old daughter, Ricki.

And even though, on the July 9 episode, she was head over heels for her remaining three guys — Sean Lowe, Jef Holm and Arie Luyendyk Jr. — she kept her daughter in mind when deciding if she was going to spend the night with one (or all three) of her men.

“I’m a mother and a role model,” Emily told the cameras about choosing to spend the night in the fantasy suite.

Typically the episode can get pretty steamy when the Bachelor/Bachelorette have the option to spend the night with the contestants, but Emily kept it PG so Ricki can watch one day. She refused to spend the night with any of her men for the sole purpose that she didn’t want to set a bad example for her daughter. We can’t argue with that!

This is pretty unusual for the dating show, though. Last season on the Bachelor, Ben Flajnik spent the night with all three of his women: Courtney Robertson, Lindzi Cox AND Nicki Sterling!

Now what goes on behind closed doors is unknown, but it’s safe to assume it can get pretty intimate.

Emily’s decision to opt out of the overnight stay really shouldn’t have come as a surprise to many, if they watched Brad Womack’s season of Bachelor. Emily accepted Brad’s invitation, but made it very clear it was only so they could talk without the cameras rolling.

While it obviously makes for less entertaining TV, I think it’s really cool that Emily didn’t spend the night with any of her guys. Granted she’s been trolling around kissing different men, she hasn’t been going all the way with them. And you know Emily has a good crop of men because of how they responded to her forgoing the suite. The BEST response was Jef’s, though.

“I think it would be awesome, but I completely understand if your daughter is going to be watching this. My family is going to be watching this. There’s a time and place. I plan on spending the rest of my life in our own fantasy suite,” Jef says.

He turned her down before she could even say “no”! He’s such a keeper!

And we know it was hard for Em — especially with Arie.

“I don’t trust myself, but good Lord is he hot,” Emily said.

Yes, he is. But I bet he totally respects her more as woman and as a mom because she didn’t spend the night with him.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you have more respect for Emily now that she didn’t spend the night in the fantasy suite with any of her men?

More on Emily:

1. ‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard: Does She End Up Alone?
  2. ‘Bachelorette’ Recap: Emily Maynard’s Most Emotional Goodbye This Season
  3. Emily Maynard & Jef Holm: Most Romantic Hometown Date Ever

Watch Emily’s Overnight Date With Brad Womack — Flashback!

candida yeast infection test

Posted at 8:36 PM on July 15, 2012

You really make it appear really easy together with your presentation however I in finding this topic to be actually something which I believe I’d never understand. It seems too complicated and very extensive for me. I’m having a look ahead to your next submit, I’ll attempt to get the dangle of it!

Marilyn Snow

Posted at 11:48 PM on July 12, 2012

I have always respected and defended Emily. No the guys did not stay overnight…BUT…I always had a curfew growing up, even at 17. I used to try and explain to my Mother that…..”What I can do before 3am, I can do before 10pm.”

kelly

Posted at 10:44 PM on July 10, 2012

Those guys looked awfully happy leaving ……wouldn’t be surprised if they did stay but it shows them leaving for tv purposes incase ricki watches it. So much is staged tht it wouldn’t surprise me

cheap DEWALT D55168 200 PSI 15 Gallon 120-Volt Electric Wheeled Portable Workshop Compressor

Posted at 8:51 PM on July 10, 2012

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I had been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered shiny clear concept

Lola

Posted at 2:39 PM on July 10, 2012

No offense but or Emily to say she wanted to set an example for her daughter and yet she stay in the Fantasy suite with Brad is terribly hypocritical. I’m not buying it.

Lisa

Posted at 11:10 AM on July 12, 2012

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON, BACK THEN WITH BRAD SHE WAS A NOBODY A REGULAR GIRL LIKE THE REST OF THEM, NOW SHE IS AMERICAS SWEETHEART, SO PURE AND INNOCENT, YEAH RIGHT

observer

Posted at 12:23 PM on July 10, 2012

I thought Emily did stay in the fantasy suite with Brad…

Lisa

Posted at 2:08 PM on July 10, 2012

SHE DID, and if you notice they have chenged the wording now to reflect that, HOW DUMB DO YOU THINK WE ARE

Lisa

Posted at 10:36 AM on July 10, 2012

Hey Guys, you need to go back and rewatch brads season, Emily did venture on the overnight date with brad and join the fantasy suite over night, what is the difference between now and then. Makes you wonder if she knew back then she would not marry Brad and Ricki was not going to watch that season, and she knows Ricki is going to watch this season. BUT, she did spend the night with Brad.