Cookie Monster Spoofs Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' — Watch

Tue, July 10, 2012 2:46pm EDT by 7 Comments
Cookie Monster Call Me Maybe

Sesame Street’s most infamous sugar addict puts his own spin on Carly Rae’s hit with ‘Share It Maybe.’

Apparently, the internet’s philosophy towards “Call Me Maybe” parodies is a lot like Cookie Monster‘s philosophy towards cookies: There’s always room for one more! And so, the brilliant minds at the Children’s Television Workshop have delivered their own hilarious spoof, featuring Cookie Monster, as he begs an office full of people to share their snacks. (Yeah, he’s one of those co-workers.)

But, while this song is undoubtedly catchy and adorable, it’s also somewhat disturbing. We’ve always known that Cookie Monster has a soft spot for baked goods, but the lyrics in this new spoof also shine a spotlight on the horrific truth we’ve all chosen to overlook for decades: Cookie Monster is addicted to cookies, and it’s becoming a very serious problem.

I’ve taken the liberty of collecting Cookie Monster’s five most troubling lyrics:

1. “Me trade me soul for a bite.” (He is no longer able to distinguish the value of cookies.)
2. “Me start to really freak out.” (He’s openly admitting to having withdrawal symptoms.)
3. “Me trying to sleep all night.” (His addiction is now affecting his sleeping habits.)
4. “It’s taking toll on me house.” (His home, and quality of life, are also being affected.)
5. “It’s hard to look at you snack baby.” (He can’t even make eye contact with his suppliers.)

If this isn’t a cry for help, I don’t know what is. So, now we have a choice on our hands: Are we going to sit idly by, as Cookie Monster eats himself into an early grave, or are we going to come together and get this misguided Muppet the help he so desperately deserves?

Think about that while you watch:

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

More ‘Call Me Maybe’ Spoofs:

1. Barack Obama Covers Carly Rae Jepsen’s ‘Call Me Maybe’ — Watch
  2. An Open Letter To Everyone: Please Stop Making ‘Call Me Maybe’ Videos

Leah Welch

Posted at 2:56 AM on July 31, 2012

you have great songs and this is another big hit song.

Membership Business Model

Posted at 6:19 AM on July 14, 2012

I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I am no longer certain whether or not this post is written by him as nobody else understand such distinct about my problem. You’re wonderful! Thanks!

Paid Search Campaign

Posted at 6:14 AM on July 14, 2012

We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with useful information to paintings on. You have done an impressive process and our entire neighborhood might be grateful to you.

Internet Trade Solutions

Posted at 2:28 AM on July 14, 2012

You really make it appear so easy with your presentation however I find this matter to be really something which I feel I might never understand. It seems too complicated and very large for me. I’m looking ahead for your next publish, I will try to get the dangle of it!

johnwong

Posted at 10:24 PM on July 13, 2012

I think it’s a play on “Tollhouse” cookies!

hellion73

Posted at 5:16 PM on July 11, 2012

you read in too much its a puuuuuuuppppppppeeeetttt

numberone