'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard: Does She End Up Alone?

Tue, July 10, 2012 8:05am EST by 31 Comments

Uh oh! The new preview for the July 22nd ‘Bachelorette’ season finale hints that Emily doesn’t pick a guy after all! Read on for more details!

Despite reports claiming that Emily Maynard is engaged — we may be in for a serious turn of events.

The 26-year-old mom is reportedly engaged to skater boy Jef Holm, but from the looks of the season finale preview, Emily might not end up not choosing Jef OR Arie Luyendyk Jr.

“The fact that I still don’t know who the guy here is the one for me, makes me wonder if any guy here is for me,” Emily says in the preview. “I don’t know where my heart is any more.”

Later on in the preview, Emily sits down with host Chris Harrison who suggests she needs to be honest with both Jef and Arie.

“It sounds like you know what you need to do,” Chris tells Emily. “You feel like at this point you’re betraying both of them.”

Emily sobs and says, “The hardest part of today is saying the words ‘I don’t know anymore.'”

Yikes! Could this just be a classic case of cold feet — or does Emily really end up not choosing anybody? Click here to watch the July 9 episode and fast forward all the way to the end to watch the preview!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Vote and weigh in below!
– Nicole Karlis

– Nicole Karlis

More on Emily:

1. Did Arie Luyendyk Jr. Reveal He’s Engaged To ‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard?
  2. ‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard’s Secret Relationship With Host Chris Harrison
  3. Emily Maynard & Jef Holm: Most Romantic Hometown Date Ever

OWill

Posted at 10:05 PM on July 20, 2012

She was not married to Ricki’s father! Have you not been reading and listening?

sherrie

Posted at 6:10 AM on July 20, 2012

Sean was not the one for her…get over it! JEF IS!

Anna

Posted at 9:29 PM on July 19, 2012

I think Emily and Chris are having it on, so she’ll pick neither suitor.

amber

Posted at 3:55 PM on July 15, 2012

i think that this is just a bunch as BS!!
theres much more things to worry about than FAKE tv shows!!
theres homeless people
people are starving
people are being diagnosed with cancer
men are dying in a war
innocent women,children & men are dying

and you people are worrying about who emily will pick
makes me sick! and im 15 years old.

Scott

Posted at 11:20 PM on July 16, 2012

Obviously amber you care too or who wouldn’t be on this site. You say your 15, but your probably 35 and still single.

Allison

Posted at 10:44 AM on July 17, 2012

but you took the time to read this post and reply…

Pia

Posted at 2:25 AM on July 14, 2012

I think she’s not gunna pick either ari or jef. She’s gunna say no to both and bring Sean back cuz on the inside she knows he’s the best for rickie…

Blue Sky

Posted at 2:12 AM on July 17, 2012

Pia….totally agree with you. Hope we’re right!

sherrie

Posted at 6:08 AM on July 20, 2012

NOT!

Carol Reed

Posted at 7:50 PM on July 11, 2012

As far as I am concerned Sean was the pick of the litter. However, I think the best thing that ever happened to him was that Emily didn’t pick him. I think he is a nice, wholesome, Texas boy who comes from a nice family & has some ethics. The last thing he needed was a young woman, who’s had plastic surgery & a child. There are plenty of good looking Texas girls/women who would love to have a guy like Sean. He doesn’t need a plastic Emily. Besides, who does she think she’s kidding with the I don’t trust myself in giving the key to Ari. We all know she was pregnant when her fiance or boyfriend was killed. No need to go around playing the Virgin now. She is so plastic. I know Sean was hurt but I’ll bet he’s had to re-think the situation today & will probably be glad he’s out of that mess.

Holly

Posted at 7:15 PM on July 15, 2012

She was married when she had the child & her husband died. Before she even knew she was pregnant. Who knew that was gonna happen? And alot of women get implants lately. Whats it to you?

Kenny B

Posted at 1:26 PM on July 11, 2012

When Emily was down to the last 3 I felt like Shaun was her best choice. He’s the most stable amoung the rest. Not flashy, not self serving, just down to earth with strong Family values and beliefs. Even though it took him longer to say the words “I Love You” it prooved to me that the others were quicker to say them in order to win her over, but Shaun wanted to make sure his I Love You came from his heart and not just out of his mouth. When it came time to send someone home, even though I wanted Shaun to win her heart, I thought between the 3, Shaun would handle it better than the others and it not trash her afterwords. My thoughts turned out correct. I think she regretts she sent Shaun home and to save face she will not choose anyone at all. At some point however, I think there will be a reunion of Emily and Shaun!

Sharon

Posted at 12:28 PM on July 11, 2012

I think Emily made a big mistake sending Shaun home. He would have been the most Stable guy to be Ricki’s Dad. Not a very wealthy playboy, that would be traveling all over. Sometimes I wonder if Emily isn’t looking for more of a sugar daddy then a real family man and Dad. She seems like a really sweet genuine person, but money talks !!

Karen Waterson

Posted at 11:21 AM on July 11, 2012

I hope she picks Jef, but at this point, it is hard to know if she will pick anyone. I watched the finale preview and it sounds like she will be etraying both of them, which means, she isn’t sure which one she wants to be with. If she doesn’t pick either one, then it will be so disappointing, as I have always like the show, and to see that would make me think twick about ever watching it again. As far as her being in love with Chris Harrison, I really don’t think that she is at all. It sure would be a switch if that were true, and as far as I am concerned, the show would never be the same. Right now, I am confused, and not sure what to believe when I read the spoilers. I want them to be true, but at this point, I don’t know what to believe. I just hope that she picks Jef, as he is the best choice in my opinion.

Lanora Wilhelm

Posted at 7:25 AM on July 11, 2012

I can’t believe she sent Sean packing. They were so right together. He would have made a wonderful father to Ricky. He loved her so much. I think be the looks of things, she picks neither. Arie is just in it for the fame and Jef is to young for her, not mature enough. What a waste of time and money for the Bachelorette Show.

Debra

Posted at 6:13 PM on July 10, 2012

I think Emily is in love with Arie, but she’s getting confused by her attraction to the youngster Jef. She didn’t even present the fantasy suite invitation to Arie because she said she couldn’t trust herself with him, And Jef, the kid that he is says that he wouldn’t feel comfortable accepting it because his family will watch the show. Can you imagine JP saying that to Ashley Hebert? Not a chance. Yes Jef talked about Ricky and why Emily should not do this, but he did talk about his family not approving. Remember Jef broke up with a girl because his family did not approve. Arie is a man, and that’s why she feels safe, comfortable and so attracted to Arie, yet she’s letting the Jef feelings cloud her mind. Jef wants to play house with Emily, he’s not in it for the long haul and for real. I think Jef would make a terrible father – he’s just a kid.

I predict Emily won’t choose anyone, she will say she needs more time. Then she’ll pick Arie or Jef later on and the chosen one will propose on July 22 for all to see.

sherrie

Posted at 4:28 AM on July 11, 2012

Emily belongs with Jef. Ari is only sexually attracted to her , that’s why they are always sucking face. I truly hope she picks Jef, and gets the right guy for her,

Dee

Posted at 12:19 PM on July 17, 2012

YES! That is my guess also! you are correct! That is why they changed the ATFR to be live immediately after the finale! Why else would they do that?

Virginia

Posted at 4:16 PM on July 10, 2012

Well he is getting a divorce from his wife of 19 years and he sure is around all kinds of tempting women so if Emily doesn’t pick Arie or Jef it might be Chris harrison she really wants. Chris is already a father so that is a big in with Emily.

Elle

Posted at 2:41 PM on July 10, 2012

She wants Chris Harrison. LOL

FE

Posted at 2:34 PM on July 10, 2012

Who’s Kidding WHO? Emily is an USED old hag with baggages,… boys & MEN RUN!!! for your lives.

Rebecca B.

Posted at 2:29 PM on July 10, 2012

Shes like a kid in a candy store right now. Everything looks good to her! She doesnt know what she wants.

Patti

Posted at 2:11 PM on July 10, 2012

Exactly what I was thinking. Timing of the show being the same as Chris Harrison’s sudden divorce is too coincidental. creepy but since she’s looking for money, he’s got it

jane wells

Posted at 12:08 PM on July 10, 2012

I am beginning to think this show is a farce. They find out sooner or later in the show, someone is cheating, has had a partner, says mean things about other men or if women. What is up with that. Who is the next Bachelor? I wish it were Chris Bukowski or one of the others in the beginning that Iiked, dark headed. All tv and movies are about is dirt and not the family, decent, respectful shows that once were. Wow

kristen

Posted at 10:57 AM on July 10, 2012

if she doesnt pick one of the two, I am never watching this show again because that would be a huge waste of my time

Jane

Posted at 8:46 AM on July 10, 2012

I thought she was in love with Chris Harrison and she was the one he left his wife for. So, I don’t guess she will pick either one if this is a fact.

Debra

Posted at 6:18 PM on July 10, 2012

There is no real evidence that she’s in love with Chris Harrison. Just because he’s getting a divorce doesn’t mean he now wants Emily. Men getting a divorce aren’t ready for another committed relationship — if anything, they’re ready to play the field. Boy people can run for the hills with so little information.

I think Emily can’t choose because she has strong feelings for both Arie and Jef. Unfortunately, she’s not looking at the reality of Jef, just his cuteness. But in my opinion, Jef has mucho growing up to do.

Hannah

Posted at 1:46 AM on July 11, 2012

Team Sean all the way. He was absolutely the best fit for her…I am still shocked she sent him packing. I say she doesn’t pick either Arie nor Jef. Why? Arie stated he is always out with friends and hates to be alone, showing he is not ready for Ricky. Jef is older than Emily but doesn’t seem to be a good parental step in right now. Emily made a HUGE mistake. Sean all the way :)

Dee

Posted at 12:13 PM on July 17, 2012

I am starting to put all the facts together from what I have been reading. I read “someone” has lingering feelings for someone! I also know they are doing the ATFR LIVE right after the finale! So I think she doesn’t pick anyone,
However I think Emily has those lingering feelings for someone AND she wants one of the guys to come back on ATFR and see if he would give her a chance. Lets see if that happens! This is so supenseful it’s great this season!

OWill

Posted at 10:17 PM on July 20, 2012

Sean is too good for Miss I’m all that! He needs a real sweet loving person like him. He would be a great bachelor next season!!!

Renee

Posted at 12:59 AM on July 22, 2012

I think you may be right! How about if they stuck Sean right there under our noses in The Men Tell All as if he was getting closure, all the while really knowing that they are now together? The whole time that Emily and Sean were “talking” during that show, I felt like something was “off.” Emily didn’t seem nearly as apologetic toward him as one would have expected and they kept their interaction to a minimum. To throw us off, there were no Jef and Arie on the stage, so we would keep focused on which of those two Emily picked instead of realizing that it might be Sean. I think that if Sean was actually, truly out of the picture, their exchange would have been more meaningful and Emily wouldn’t have seemed so aloof. And Sean is so precious, but he seemed a little bit too giddy in an I’ve-got-a-secret kind of way.