Mother Says Having Child At 12 Was 'Smartest Thing I Ever Did'

Tue, July 10, 2012 4:39pm EST by 35 Comments
12 Year Old Mom

The woman who became Britian’s youngest mother at the age of 12 after a one night stand with a 15-year-old boy, says she has no regrets and it was the smartest thing she ever did! Can you believe that?

Amy Crowhurst, 22, had both of her children before the age of 17, and believes having children at a young age has given her the freedom to do what she wants in her twenties.

According to Daily Mail, Amy said she now has, “the freedom to meet mates and go clubbing when my mum babysits.”

“Having kids young was the smartest thing I ever did,” she said.

The mother, who is on benefits and lives in a council house, said, “When I see girls I went to school with having babies now, I’m so glad I got it out of the way. They’ll be at home… for the next 10 years. Plus, they’re fat and I’m a size 6!
 I missed school, but I can catch up – and I’ll appreciate it more.”

Amy became pregnant in 2002 when she was 12 years old after having a one night stand with a 15-year-old boy she hardly knew. At age 13, she had her son Alfie and dropped out of school to be a mother. After her sons birth, Amy said, “I know I was stupid but I’m not that bothered. Of course, I wish it had never happened but it’s too late now.”

When Amy was 16, she moved out of the home she was sharing with her mother and eight siblings to her own council apartment. Soon after, she reconciled with Alfie’s father for a brief period, which led to another unplanned pregnancy.

She gave birth to her daughter, Destiny, at age 16 and then again lost contact with the father. As a teen mother of two, Amy struggled to raise her children. She fell into trouble with the law for possession of cannabis in 2009.

Despite her struggles Amy said,”Having sex at 12 is fine if you feel ready and aren’t pressured. I wouldn’t encourage Destiny to plan pregnancy at 12, but if she did have a baby I’d be happy – it’d be fun being a gran at 27!”

Amy now has her life on track with her two children, age 9 and 7. She is currently living in a three bedroom home and is returning to college in hopes of becoming a healthcare worker.

Amy believes she’s a better mom for having had children early, because she has lots of energy and can relate to her kids because they are closer in age.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers?

– Caroline Zapatero

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More HollyBaby news:

1. Suri Cruise To Attend NYC Private School In The Fall — Experts
  2. Usher’s Stepson Receives Prayers From Justin Bieber’s Manager & Mom
  3. Kourtney Kardashian Gives Birth To Baby Girl Penelope Scotland Disick

glitterjmo

Posted at 11:12 AM on July 11, 2012

this woman is crazy i found out i was preganat a week after my 17 birthday and let me say that having kids young does not make things easier you go through the same struggles you would even if you were 40 having kids and if she has a 9 and 7 year old then she should have bigger things to think about then “mum watching the kids to club or meet mates or smoke pot” clearly she is ignorant cause her kids are not her main concern someone should seriously help this woman setting bad examples for little girls who shouldnt even been thinking about sex at 12 they should still be playing with barbies and having makeovers and sleepovers and braiding eachothers hair not sitting on some guys lap laying down spreading legs and ruining her unborn childrens life….how are they going to grow up now? who will they turn to for good advice?(not mom) no one cared enough to show her what morals are…..so therefore sadly her children might fall down the same path let us pray that they learn from their mothers selfish mistakes and make their lifes a thousand times better then having kids at 12 droping out school living in a council house and living off the government she might be a “size 6″ but she has nothing to offer anyone much less the kids she cant take care of….she has no house she has no career she has no education she has no looks she has her size 6 and two kids that arent done growing yet just because they can wipe their butts and get a pop tart out of the cabinet does not mean they are grown and you have all of your twenties to go party for that you immature as well so i hope seriously u get a therapist SOON…..if you dont do it for your worthless self atleast do it for your innocent KIDS……

me

Posted at 1:20 AM on July 12, 2012

totally agree with you, was just thinking that her kids are gonna repeat the cycle and live off welfare and think it is ok, her ignorance is scary, omg

Noinin

Posted at 10:52 AM on July 11, 2012

What shocks me the most is having a one night stand at 12. What the hell? My twelve year old self was blushing at the mere thought of having a crush on a boy – and don’t tell me it’s a generation thing because she is two years younger than me.

Satanika

Posted at 10:24 AM on July 11, 2012

There is no way she is just 22… She looks 40!!!!!!!!!

LittleMo

Posted at 8:59 AM on July 11, 2012

Her friends who are having their kids later can also do things in their 20s b/c the kids are now in school or they can also “get mum to watch them” or someone else. More importantly, the “fat” girls in her crowd, or in anyone’s crowd, have the cure of a diet for being fat if they choose to do that, but there’s no cure for being terminally stupid.

kaylee

Posted at 7:39 AM on July 11, 2012

WHAT THE.. im 12 im british but hell no.
Thats scandalous plus she let it happen why would she do that thats sick im suprised her mum still by her side because is way to young its embarrasing people would think its your brother or somert but if she happy then woah. and dropping out of school

uh uh helll no.

d.harris

Posted at 7:29 AM on July 11, 2012

she looks much older than her age.total crap having a baby at that age.i mean mistake happens but going around being proud of it is realy stupid.just shut up and go on with making your life better.

charlotte

Posted at 6:02 AM on July 11, 2012

honestly everyone leaving comments on here is sad! if she reads this she will just get encouraged! and it would be worse if her daughter read this! shed have pressure TO have a baby! this whole thing is gross!

Holly

Posted at 4:11 AM on July 11, 2012

At least they got the same daddy

michelle

Posted at 2:43 AM on July 11, 2012

What a slut!! Im sorry, I had to say it. Having sex at age 12 and getting pregnant is nothing to brag about at all. Its gross. Also being a drop out is not cool at all. Her looks are hidious, She thinks shes hot, But in reality she is nasty, Nasty figure, Nasty face, Nasty teeth…. Man shes just ugly in total. I am 30 and still have no kids, I love my life! She needs a wakeup call and a better mirror, Shoe should get an education, so she gets off welfare, and can afford some teeth. LOL

Ash

Posted at 7:25 AM on July 11, 2012

- I agree with what she did was very stupid, but saying mean stuff about her is not necessary, we all make mistakes, and we should grow up and learn from them.

Shan

Posted at 2:15 AM on July 11, 2012

So she’s not the fat one out of all her friends? Woof, that forehead! Maybe it’s pregnant and will soon give birth to a brain cause she sorely needs one. Maybe she can let me borrow her mouth. I have some cabbage that needs to be shredded.

Cynthia Malik

Posted at 12:34 AM on July 11, 2012

ummmm i’m 12 right now… thats just creepy

Tia

Posted at 4:07 AM on July 11, 2012

Don’t get pregnant. Stay focused on your school, surround yourself with positive people, and remember, you’re only 12. Having babies means you have to grow up fast. The teen years are hard enough without kids :)

kaylee

Posted at 7:40 AM on July 11, 2012

Same it puts ya off.

Ann

Posted at 12:30 AM on July 11, 2012

What? She has a problem having a child at 12 is not smart it is dumb as hell. She looks like she in her damn 50’s. I had my son when I was 20 I was prego at 19 and married before I had my second one. No telling what she is teaching her kids. OMG this woman here, so she is saying it is okay to drop out and be on welfare? What is her deal? Well all I have to say is poor kids for real.

lola

Posted at 10:18 PM on July 10, 2012

WTF is wrong with this woman!!!?????… if she think she looks great for being 22 .. i cause she has no mirrors at home.. she looks like she’s 45! and what example she’s giving to her kids… you can be size 0 but you have no brain .. and that’s obvious!

Liz

Posted at 10:05 PM on July 10, 2012

Of course it was fine for her to have a kid at age 13. Then drop out of school and become a welfare case on top of it. I am sure she is pretty ignorant having a 7th grade education. What a loser!!

emily

Posted at 9:58 PM on July 10, 2012

There has to be something wrong with her. I had my son right before I turned seveteen and I still wouldn’t encourage my children to be having sex at that age.

Elizabeth

Posted at 9:01 PM on July 10, 2012

This woman is crazy! Having sex at age 12 is not fine, a 12 year old does not know if they are ready much as less wake themselves up for school without their parents waking them up. Also, a pregnant woman in her twenties is not considered fat it’s called carrying a life inside, pregnant. She is angering.

Jessica

Posted at 6:41 PM on July 10, 2012

I have a few problems with this woman.
First, she says “Having kids young was the smartest thing I ever did,”, then she says that people she went to school with who are having babies now are ‘fat’ (It’s called BEING PREGNANT – not fat) which kind of pissed me off and then she says “I wish it had never happened but it’s too late now.”.
So, basically, she contradicts herself and wishes her son had never been born. This may just be me reading way too much into it but I think she’s an idiot and, probably a terrible mother. Having kids means that you put THEM first and grow the f*** up.
She smoked cannabis and would be happy if her daughter got pregnant at 12.
It seems to me that she’s just an incredibly selfish and irresponsible person. Why are her kids not in care?

Tiara

Posted at 6:39 PM on July 10, 2012

I dont get how she can say that she wouldnt encourage her daughter to plan a pregnancy at the age of 12 but u would think its awesome to be a grandmother at the age 27 Really? Are u stupid your basically telling her go right along and have sex at twelve because as a mother she wouldnt mind since everyone knows that’s the only thing that she can teach her daughter about sex im just really smh right now its.mother’s like her who deserve no respect as a person or for her parenting skills.

wftoooo

Posted at 6:39 PM on July 10, 2012

sounds like she tryna get Attention so people know that she a child @ age 12 then another one @ 16 . damn she Nuts

IssaquahMom

Posted at 6:29 PM on July 10, 2012

Sounds like she is trying to steal attention from Octomom. Both are nuts and sadly it’s the kids that suffer from their stupidity and self-centeredness.

Munchies

Posted at 6:03 PM on July 10, 2012

She looks like she’s 40!!!

Tiara

Posted at 6:49 PM on July 10, 2012

She really does look like she’s in her forties instead of her twenties

KD

Posted at 5:59 PM on July 10, 2012

She’s wearing a size 6, but she looks like she’s 45, not 22.

Pure trash

Posted at 5:27 PM on July 10, 2012

Haha, this is a joke right? You cannot be serious. T-R-A-S-H-Y!

KIA

Posted at 5:27 PM on July 10, 2012

If she did on her own dime and not the taxpayer we don’t care.

trashy

Posted at 5:38 PM on July 10, 2012

“the mother who is on benefits and living in a council house” obviously government is helping her so she can party at night.

Noelle

Posted at 4:52 PM on July 10, 2012

she is C R A Z Y ! -__- SMH !!!