Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes — Divorce Settlement Agreement Reached

Mon, July 9, 2012 1:06pm EDT by 18 Comments
Tom Cruise Katie Holmes Divorce Settlement

estetica a distancia

Posted at 11:19 PM on July 13, 2012

Hi there, I found your blog by means of Google whilst searching for a similar matter, your web site got here up, it appears to be like great. I have bookmarked to favourites|added to my bookmarks.

Trini

Posted at 8:45 AM on July 10, 2012

If this is true, I am so happy for the way things turned out…..The past does not matter, it’s the future and the future of Suri may now be able to lead a normal life….. God is Good!! Be the Good mom you can be Katie….. (Y)

Tom desperate to settle

Posted at 2:06 AM on July 10, 2012

It does sound like Katie got full custody! Thank goodness! For this to settle so quickly Katie must have had the goods on him and Scientology. She had a front row seat to just how paranoid and crazy David Miscavige truly is. Xenu, e-meters, auditing, sec-checking, aliens, billion year contracts, human rights violations, physical and mental abuse, THE HOLE, Thetans, and then prominent scientologists disappearing. Tommy Davis, Shelly Miscavige,Heber Jentz, and the organization never accepting responsibility of the painful and slow death of Lisa McPherson all those years ago. Scientology needs to lose it’s tax exempt status and dissolve. Really Hollywood, stop protecting this abusive cult. Lets see all these Hollywood folks send their sons and daughters to the SeaOrg and sign their lives away to scrub toilets! Heinous Cult!!!!!

shelli

Posted at 11:28 PM on July 10, 2012

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Tom Cruise, whether people believe it or not, carries a lot of clout. If there wasn’t something he’d be afraid Katie would reveal, things would have turned out much differently, i’m sure. I think in order for Katie to keep her lips zipped, Tom agreed to give her whatever she wants regarding Suri, as long as he did get to see his little girl. I think he adores Suri, but I think anything that Katie laid witness to and if it became public, it could possilby destroy Tom’s personal and “religious” life entirely. I think he’s willing to part with Suri in order to keep his lifestyle intact. Good post

Emira Anderson

Posted at 12:37 AM on July 10, 2012

Tom Cruise acted sensibly and Katie got what she wanted/ I believe she did!
So let’s leave them alone now/let’s leave each one of them get. On with their lives! I believe Katie has full custody and Tom has supervised visits about Suri:yet as many times as he wants to! I read the word lib eral visitations/

JustCallMeMary

Posted at 11:16 PM on July 9, 2012

Chloe, The couple released a joint statement on Monday July 9 but it does not say they respect each other’s beliefs. It says
we…”express our respect for each other’s commitment to each of our respective beliefs

The full statement is:
“We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri’s best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other’s commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other’s roles as parents,” read the statement.

UKmum

Posted at 3:41 PM on July 9, 2012

I am so glad this was sorted out quickly in Katies favour as its best for Suri…. I do think she is Toms child she looks like them both!

Dale

Posted at 1:58 PM on July 9, 2012

I hope whomever gets custody of Suri will also get custody of a hairbrush!! And maybe some bows or barrettes! I have never seen a pic of that beautiful child without her hair being a stringy mess. Sorry–just bugs me!

rb

Posted at 1:58 PM on July 9, 2012

oops.. had an error to fix – repost

Suri is most likely not biologically his child. Remember Nicole and he adopted. Nicole then went on to give birth later on so the problem in fertility was his. I think the marriage was arranged from the beginning and ended earlier than expected. But I also think this is why he agreed to give custody to Katie – or she would have told the truth and some.

rb

Posted at 1:56 PM on July 9, 2012

Suri is most likely not biological his child. Remember Nicole and he adopted – Nicole went on to give birth later so the problem in fertility was his. I think the marriage was arranged from the beginning and ended earlier than expected. But I also think this is why he agreed to give custody to her – or she would have told the truth and some.

gbtw

Posted at 2:28 PM on July 9, 2012

your comment is kind of ridiculous. i mean, IT’S POSSIBLE, but suri looks like tom. also, what makes you think that maybe nicole was on birth control for most of their marriage b/c she didn’t want to “ruin” her body in its prime years by getting pregnant. maybe she lied to tom about this, and maybe this is why they actually got divorced (“nic knows why”). you never know… i don’t think katie holmes is going to go along with some lie about who the father of her child is.

danzi

Posted at 2:44 AM on July 10, 2012

Suri actually looks a lot more like another SCI member. And Mimi, Tom’s first face, did say he shoots blanks.

danzi

Posted at 2:45 AM on July 10, 2012

Oops! Tom’s first wife :D

shelli

Posted at 11:31 PM on July 10, 2012

I think you’re completely wrong, completely. I didn’t become pregnant until I was 38 and it wasn’t from the lack of trying. I never used birth control after I entered my committed relationship at the age of 22. Soooooooooo, your theory is out the door. SLAM

gbtw

Posted at 1:24 PM on July 9, 2012

i don’t know why i felt so invested in this, but i truly feel like a weight came off of my shoulders when reading this news. i read somewhere that there was a time in tom’s life (most of the kidman years, apparently) when scientology was sort of on the back burner. maybe he’s not as crazed and insistant on indoctrinating his daughter as the world believed. i still have my doubts that he’ll just lie down and not have a say in his daughter’s “religion” (reading about scientology more, i see that many civilized countries do not recognize this as a religion and that it was mostly set up this way to get tax exempt status), but, i do think that katie has shown she can manage him better than others… with help. good luck to them as a family, and i hope tom and suri continue to build their father-daughter relationship in a care free way.

PN

Posted at 1:21 PM on July 9, 2012

That quick! At least Katie Holmes didn’t want this to stretch out to 12 to 18 months and the tabloids talking about it week after week. Or months of court coverage on TruTV, CNN, HLN or something. She did it very privately and discreetly. She didn’t want it to be this huge multimillion celebrity divorce story.I think that Tom Cruise controlled every move she made because he was the bigger movie star and Katie’s last few movies didn’t perform well. Even Tom didn’t want her to be in some more sexually charged roles or more mature acting roles in her next movies. She wanted out and I’m sure she got tired of it! And I think her parents didn’t want her to lose her native Ohio roots with her courteousness. I think Katie wanted sole custody of Suri–she didn’t want any more of those flashy clothes that Tom bought for Suri that made her look 15 or older. She wants Suri to live like a normal kid like everybody else not this celebrity life. And I think this will make the public think of Tom a little different than usual. He’s a very successful actor, but his tendency to make more movies takes more importance than everything else, even more than Katie and Suri and that’s really arrogant! Lastly, I think that Katie’s parents couldn’t STAND Tom! All that wealth and excessive lifestyle of his was too much to them and it was too much to Katie!

gbtw

Posted at 1:28 PM on July 9, 2012

i’m not sure what you mean about the world thinking of tom differently, but it’s true for me— i think higher of him that he didn’t fight for sole legal custody, and i’m hopeful that he won’t shove scientology down suri’s throat. a little bit scared, but hopeful.

Joanna

Posted at 3:50 PM on July 9, 2012

Uh-considering how much Katie’s parents were in magazine articles i am sure that they liked the attention. Also her parents lead a wealthy lifestyle in Sylvania Ohio so do not be so quick to jump to conclusions. Katie had a very wealthy upbringing.