'Big Ang' Series Premiere Recap: Ang Remembers She Has A Husband

Mon, July 9, 2012 8:10am EDT by 36 Comments
Big Ang show VH1

‘Everybody loves me’ couldn’t be a more appropriate catchphrase for Big Ang. This show is my new guide to life.

Angela “Big Ang” Raiola has been with her fair share of “wise guys.” In fact, as she noted on the July 8 series premiere of VH1’s Big Ang, most of them are either dead or in prison. So you can imagine what a buzz-kill it was for Ang when her estranged husband Neil stopped by out of the blue to win her back. His big pitch: “I have my own bank account, and I got a new truck.” (Winner!)

Needless to say, Ang doesn’t exactly live her life like she’s a married woman. “My philosophy is: I’m gonna do whatever the f**k I want, because one minute you’re here, and the next minute you’re f***ing dead,” she so eloquently informed viewers. I’m telling you, I think people underestimate Ang’s potential as a philosopher.

For support, Ang turns to her “crew” of “maniacs,” which includes Linda — a 53-year-old woman who still lives with her parents and admits to being afraid of the dark. There’s also “Little Jen,” who doesn’t live at home, but does love getting drunk and dancing on bars.

The premiere of Big Ang’s self-titled show was all about the grand re-opening of her bar, The Drunken Monkey, which she decreed would soon be “the hottest club on Staten Island.” [Insert a million Staten Island bar jokes here.]

And when the big night finally came, it was a huge success, so Ang and her “maniacs” got absolutely s**t-faced. I’m talking Jersey Shore slash ‘have 9-1-1 on speed dial’ wasted. I’d love to see VH1 interview Ang’s livers for a future episode. I imagine there would just be a lot of crying and praying.

Neil walked in on Ang dirty dancing with one of the shirtless bartenders she hired — real talk: the dudes she picked ranged from ‘average’ to ‘kind of gross,’ and one of them was actually a little person — which forced his wife to do some serious thinking. After literally proclaiming, “Wait … I have a husband,” Ang told her “crew” she wants to let Neil come home.

Ladies and gentlemen, by watching this premiere, we’ve officially entered Ang’s world — and now there’s no going back.

Do you think Ang should give Neil a second chance? Drop a comment with your answer, or anything Ang-related you’d like to discuss. I want to really examine this show to the fullest. I love it.

— Andy Swift

As a special thanks for reading this, here’s a clip of Ang getting a spray tan:

More Big Ang Coverage:

1. ‘Bing Ang’ Preview: Ang Plans To Drink & Strip In Her New Home
  2. Big Ang’s ‘Mob Wives’ Spin-Off Officially Confirmed

charlene

Posted at 5:22 PM on January 22, 2013

love big ang. went to see her myfor bday sept 2012. missed her by a day. its on the inside that counts. shes just having her fun before she wont be able too. i wish her the best and cant wait until her show comes back on. the drunken monkey had lots of nice people there and i enjoyed them. looking forward to going back. keep it up ang. we look the way we want to look. visit her place if you can.

Dee Por

Posted at 9:58 PM on August 27, 2012

Thankfully, I left SI. LOL

illiana

Posted at 12:03 AM on August 4, 2012

Love big Ang, but ber show sucks!!!!

just a bunch of old, nasty chicks getting drunk!!!!

Shana

Posted at 5:26 AM on August 28, 2012

yes but they are having a ball! you go ladies LOL

jam

Posted at 11:43 PM on July 29, 2012

I love big ang,I love the show,I wish i could party and spend money like she do,and the vacations my god I wish i can just get up and go like that,I wish i had that kind of money live you big ang keep doing what your doing you only live once.

Jodina

Posted at 12:39 PM on July 23, 2012

I wish Big Ang would get rid of the lips, and take those boobs down a few sizes. The lips are too much. She said that her voice is due to her thyroid which is up against her throat. She needs to get that fixed, also. She looks pretty good for a 51 year old. She has won the hearts of a lot of people, but there will be people who don’t like her, also. I personaly like her.

yolanda r

Posted at 1:38 AM on July 21, 2012

BIG ANG you have a great show.look forward to watching every week

JoyandPain

Posted at 12:50 AM on July 20, 2012

I saw this show fir the first time tonight. I couldn’t believe my eyes, I thought she was a tranny. Her voice is much more manly than her hubby’s. She was an attractive woman prior to the surgeries. From the waist up she’s a wreck; waist down, not bad for an older lady.

Hott D

Posted at 6:59 PM on July 16, 2012

Big Ang should not let her husband bac in her life, how dare he ask to move bac in.do u big Ang just like u been doing. Love. The show..

Amw207

Posted at 3:08 AM on July 12, 2012

I watched this show once for the same reason one can’t stop looking at a train wreck. And the train wreck is a lot better looking. Is this where we are as a society, where people will tune in week after week to watch morally bankrupt women who are “Slim Jim” leathered and overblown with plastic curse for a half hour? Good bye, Big Ang. May I never hear that raspy voice again!

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:19 AM on July 13, 2012

I want that raspy voice to read me bedtime stories and lull me to sleep.

BigAngFan

Posted at 6:17 PM on July 9, 2012

Loved the show. I wish it was a full hour though. When I am Big Ang’s age I hope to have a fun life like hers. She has a big heart and loves to have fun and live life to the fullest.

Ellen

Posted at 4:39 PM on July 9, 2012

ANG YOU GO GIRL !!!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:19 AM on July 13, 2012

KW

Posted at 3:16 PM on July 9, 2012

Love Big Ang Show, negative comments need a life! Great Job Ang!!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 5:08 PM on July 9, 2012

I agree! Haters are just confused fans, anyway.

BigAngFan

Posted at 6:19 PM on July 9, 2012

I agree, if they took the time to come her and say something negative, they obviously have her on their minds. Hate = jealousy + love

Richie

Posted at 1:47 PM on July 9, 2012

Big Ang show is like Jersey Shore for senior citizens.
Them old women are hard to look at ugly as hell.

KW

Posted at 3:17 PM on July 9, 2012

You watched the show though!

Ellen

Posted at 4:37 PM on July 9, 2012

LOL wait till your this age then say something,,,,,

Andy Swift

Posted at 5:08 PM on July 9, 2012

Richie… I don’t even know where to begin with you…

Sophia

Posted at 6:21 PM on July 9, 2012

You must be blind. She is beautiful, caring, and fun. Most people wish they could have her confidence and fun-loving personality.

Heidi

Posted at 12:03 PM on July 9, 2012

I’ve been a fan of Big Ang’ since she was on the original Mob Wives…… She’s a little nutty but fun & pure entertainment….. Loved the premier & look forward to see what she does next week…… :)

Pssst…… Nice blog! Well done!! :)

Andy Swift

Posted at 5:09 PM on July 9, 2012

Thanks :-) I actually never watched Mob Wives. I’m just hopping aboard the Big Ang train now.

Ali

Posted at 9:43 AM on July 9, 2012

She is gross.. No wonder her husband is s drunk.. He has to be to wake up to that everyday….

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:18 AM on July 9, 2012

Wow, why don’t you tell us how you REALLY feel?

Derek

Posted at 10:26 AM on July 9, 2012

Her husband stay drunk cause thats what people do, foo”.. ANG is SMKN FUc$$ng HOT!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:47 AM on July 9, 2012

I agree! Especially with the dollar signs.

ELLEN

Posted at 4:40 PM on July 9, 2012

hey Ali what do you look like??

winter

Posted at 1:53 PM on October 4, 2012

You must not be feeling to good about yourself having to put good people down like that. Your selfesteem so low that u have to put other good people down to make yourself feel good?

JB

Posted at 8:01 AM on July 9, 2012

Sorry, but that is one very unattractive woman…

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:10 AM on July 9, 2012

To each his own, I suppose.

Val Veeta

Posted at 7:21 AM on July 9, 2012

Love Big Àng and the premiere cracked me up. When Ang and her “posse” were crammed onto that bench drunkenly talking about her forgotten husband, it was like a surreal scene from a middle-aged, outer borough Sex in the City. Her sister is a reminder of what Ang would look like without all the plastic surgery. This is my new favorite show!

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:11 AM on July 9, 2012

You know what I thought was weird? Neil stormed out of the bar angrily, but instead of showing Ang talking to him afterwards, it only showed her talking to her friends outside the bar.

I feel like there was so much we didn’t see…

Derek

Posted at 10:27 AM on July 9, 2012

Fo SHO!~!!

Anna Maria Sabatini

Posted at 8:17 PM on August 11, 2012

This is my new favorite show also. I love her. It is refreshing to hear a woman admit to plastic surgery and her legal and other mistakes. You can’t stop watching the show. Even my family or friends who hate the show can’t turn it off. You have to laugh at least once during every show, even if you don’t like it. I love the show. I live in a town next to Atlantic City. Can you ever have an event to party with Big Ang? Maybe, it could be a charity event. I am sure alot of people would love to party with her and there are alot of organizations and charties that could use the money.