Baby Dies, Toddler Hospitalized After Being Left In Hot Cars

Mon, July 9, 2012 6:14pm EDT by 12 Comments
Baby Left In Car Dies

A baby is dead and a toddler was sent to the hospital after they were left inside two separate, but sweltering cars near Indianapolis on July 7. The temperature reached a record 105 degrees!

In the stifling heat wave that has affected much of the country, two neglectful adults caused the tragic death of one 3-month-old girl, and a heat-related seizure to another 16-month-old toddler. As temperatures in the Indianapolis area reached highs of more than 100 degrees, the insides of locked cars can be up to 20 degrees hotter than outside temps.

In Greenfield, Ind., the 3-month-old baby was found in a car around 3:30 in the afternoon. Police Chief John Jester said she was left in the car for an “extended period of time,” according to IndyStar.com.

The baby was brought to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The father, 18-year-old Joshua Stryzanski, was arrested for neglect and is being held in jail without bond.

In a similarly tragic incident, a 16-month-old girl was found locked inside an SUV in Fishers, a city northeast of Indianapolis. When police broke in to rescue the girl, the temperature in the car was reportedly 124 degrees. The toddler suffered a seizure and was in critical condition at the hospital. On July 8, she was upgraded to stable condition and was released with a grandparent.

The child’s mother, Meg Trueblood, 30, was shopping in a nearby clothing store for an hour, leaving her daughter in the sweltering car. Trueblood was also charged with felony neglect of a child, but has since been released on bond.

What do YOU think HollyMoms? Are these charges harsh enough for the crimes?

– Christina Stiehl

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More horrific parenting news:

1. New Mom Smokes Bath Salts & Goes On Violent Rampage In Maternity Ward
  2. Is Canadian Man World’s Worst Father? Abandons Son, 10, With Cancer
  3. NY Mom Naked & On Bath Salts Attacks Son, 3, Then Tasered To Death

Posted at 10:38 PM on July 18, 2014

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this fantastic blog!
I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS
feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group.

Chat soon!

Elizabeth

Posted at 8:48 PM on September 28, 2012

my son is 2 & I will never leave him in the car. i dont get it they are babys you go 9 mths just to forget about them down the line how sad..

Monty

Posted at 10:52 AM on July 20, 2012

I’m 16 but when my mom was pregnant with me my parents forgot my 2 year old brother in the hot car and he died. I have a really hard life and can’t stop wondering how my life would’ve been different if he were around. I don’t know if this is fair because my parents weren’t arrested and the story wasn’t publicized. They excused it as just an accident.

BURNINGMAD

Posted at 2:49 PM on July 10, 2012

These two idiots make me sick! How on earth do you possibly think its okay to EVER leave a child in a car? Especially when its over 100 degrees outside. These people need to be forced to sit in a locked car in the sweltering heat for hours on end just so that they can know what they put their children through. Neither one of these idiots deserves children. Sterlize them both now, just in case they get any bright ideas!!!!

trythinking

Posted at 8:00 AM on July 10, 2012

…and the GOP wants to de-fund Planned Parenthood???? THIS is what happens when morons are allowed to procreate. Can you imagine how many of them would do the same if they are FORCED to? Put the dimwitted boy in prison and neuter him. As for the “mom”…why was she released? And they give custody to HER parent? Because SHE did such a good job? LOL

connie boyles

Posted at 6:01 AM on July 10, 2012

THIS IS HORRIBLE . THE OUGHT TO PUT THE PARENTS IN THE HOT CAR AND DONT LET THEM OUT.I DONT UNDER STAND WHY WHY . THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED TO THE FULLEST. POOR KIDS NEVER HAD A CHANCE.

Nick

Posted at 1:38 AM on September 27, 2013

with regard to this article’s account concerning the mother, she was mandated by the Court to undergo testing and evaluation by a forensic neurologist chosen by the Court and consequently found to have had a neurological disease which has since been treated but her actions were found to be beyond her control involuntary. All of the evidence collected by the police, prosecutor and Court further proved this woman’s actions were unintentional.
The most thoughtful question in response to this article has been why would anyone do such a thing? At least writers asking this question, even as part of their thought process, have a moment when they realize that WHY is a very important question.
Before one is capable of forming an opinion and posting it, I would like to offer two worthwhile points: 1) unless you are sure that you have reliable, complete and solid information which would enable you to develop an opinion and write about it, the sensible course of action would be to reserve your thoughts and acknowledge that the one thing you can be sure of is that you are uninformed as to the circumstances so therefore any response would be at best premature.
2) Not all that you read in articles, blogs or the like, is accurate or complete in fact. To the contrary,when reading or hearing what seems to be a reputable news story, unfortunately we are mislead.
THINK IN TERMS OF THE POSSIBILITIES…..

amor

Posted at 2:48 AM on July 10, 2012

don’t plan of having a child if one is not ready to give all his time and give up everything. shopping, what a selfish mother, she coudl have brought the little angel, and the baby explore. that’s being a good parent. always always put the young ones first before yourself! this will pay off in the long run i promise you.

K

Posted at 10:48 PM on July 9, 2012

I completely agree! How could you leave your kid in the heat these poor kids! You should need a thorough BCI check to be a parent I mean it’s not the kids fault their parents are nut jobs charge them with murder it’s not right and I think if the police knew that the baby had been in the car for an extended period of time why was she not removed!
What the frig is wrong with people these days

shay

Posted at 10:17 PM on July 9, 2012

As a mother this breaks my heart! Lock these parents in hot cars and let them know we’ll be back when we’re done shopping in an hour!!!! what is wrong with these people!

Jennifer

Posted at 6:44 PM on July 9, 2012

These parents should be left in a hot car just like they left their children. Some people shouldn’t be parents. This makes me so angry. My heart goes out to these kids.

Stephanie

Posted at 6:41 PM on July 9, 2012

Charge the dumb @$$ father with Murder, and the dumb @$$ mother with Attempted Murder! Seriously, I just don’t understand it… We need a license to buy dope but not to have a kid ?!? I mean SERIOUSLY????!????