Adam Lambert Possibly Joining ‘American Idol’ As New Judge

Mon, July 9, 2012 9:51am EST by 8 Comments
Adam Lambert American Idol

Producers think Adam would make the perfect addition to the show — and I agree!

Adam Lambert may have come in second on his season of American Idol, but he’s first on the producers’ wish list for potential season 12 judges. “They have been talking about Adam for over a month,” a source tells E! News. “He knows what it’s like to be on the receiving end of the judges’ comments, he has a human touch, and they know they can’t go wrong if they bring him on. He would be able to bring a unique perspective to the show. People love him.”

I certainly can’t disagree with any of that. It would be brilliant to have someone on the panel who’s actually been through the process, as opposed to someone like Jennifer Lopez, who probably shouldn’t be critiquing the way other people sing — if you catch my drift.

And speaking of J. Lo, E! News insists she has “no plans” to return for her third season.

How do you feel about Adam potentially joining the judges’ panel?

Watch: Adam Lambert On The Beyonce Lip Sync And Whether Idol Should End

— Andy Swift

More American Idol News:

1. Phillip Phillips Released From Hospital After Kidney Stone Surgery
  2. Jessica Sanchez Joining ‘Glee’ In Season 4 — New Report
  3. J. Lo Vs. Rihanna: Who’s The Sexier ‘American Idol’ Singer?

cheyennew

Posted at 5:59 PM on May 24, 2013

I’d love to see Adam as judge. If producers want JHud, perhaps they should consider the impact she had as a contestant as opposed to ALambert. Which one captivated the nation, and which one was ousted in the 7th spot? Adam has 2 million twitter followers, is making a huge impact internationally, and has a charismatic, sparkling personality, as well as being articulate and witty. If I seem overly invested, it’s with reason. He has a way of pulling people in to stay. I think Idol could do no better than to enlist him as a judge(withperhaps an occasional oerformance? i can dream…). Seeing him each week would be my reason to tune in..

Beverly Frank

Posted at 4:38 PM on July 19, 2012

I will watch Idol again only if Adam Lambert is a judge..the show has not been the same since he was on. He was one of the best performers on your show and he SHOULD HAVE WON..he was the greatest every time he performed. I have purchased all of his CD’s and I am waiting for the next CD to be in the stores. NO one ever has compared to him and I have watches Idol for many years and I stopped watching after what was done to prevent him from being #1 which he is and always will be in my opinion!!! Make my day and have Adam as a judge for the next season!

Yvette

Posted at 5:43 AM on July 18, 2012

GRAMMY NOMINATED Adam Lambert brought the MAGIC to Idol and put everyone under his Spell..and he will do it again…He has the most Phenomenal Voice and knows the business….He turned Idol Upside Down and it’s never been the same since he was on….They have been searching for Adam Lamberts Electrifying total package of Pure jaw-dropping Talent ever since he graced the stage…and can’t even come Close….At least he will Light up the show with his Aura, and give honest sincere helpful advice too. Adam had a 126 SOLD OUT ~SOLO World Wide Concert tour a year after Idol…had #1 hits, is GRAMMY NOMINATED and just finished touring with Legendary QUEEN to sold out 500.000~80.000~50.000 plus stadiums, singing 26 of Freddie Mercurrys Iconic Songs FLAWLESSLY and putting those in attendence into a Frenzy and awestruck at Adam’s powerful pitch perfect voice..not to mention his Electrifying Stage Presence…where Brian May said..”Adam was so awesome that i would forget to play my guitar watching him!!! This is the lead in QUEEN! QUEEN said that Adam LAmbert brought Joy back to their lives and they FEEL LIKE A BAND AGAIN WITH ADAM….Unbelievable!!
Queen is the ONLY Vocally Iconic Rock Band in history…No other band compared to them Vocally and they said Adam has “THE MOST PHENOMENAL VOICE THEY HAVE EVER HEARD”
There is NO ONE like Adam Lambert….and now they have to ask Adam himself to try and find the same excitiement as he has…it will be so much fun watching this!!
I just want to hear Adam sing to me dayhmmmmm day!!
xoxo

marielle

Posted at 11:50 AM on July 14, 2012

adam lambert would be great!!!!!!!my three would be adam lambert maeiah carey, and gene simmons

Ed

Posted at 4:24 PM on July 9, 2012

Jlo story about not return back to Idol season 12 is bunch of BS, she knows her and Steve are going to be replace with “New Fresh Energy” as stated by News Corp back in May when stating that Idol has lost 171 Millions in commercial endorsements due to poor TV ratings, and that they needed to change the format of the show and the judges, Jlo knows that her career is in trouble without Idol, just like back in 2010, when she was fired by Sony Records, her clothing line Sweetface went bankrupt, and her movie career was in trouble, Idol save her and her career and she and her management know this is true, after Idol so is her career.

Rhett

Posted at 10:51 AM on July 9, 2012

I can’t vote in this poll. I need to select more than one answer and that’s not allowed. First of all – yes – Adam Lambert would be a GREAT judge – probably the best they’d seen! But – no – I’d rather someone else do it.

Adam Lambert is soaring to pop/rock star heights. He’s on his way to superstardom. He doesn’t need the albatross that is Idol holding him back.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:59 AM on July 9, 2012

You CAN choose more than one! :)

Amie

Posted at 10:18 AM on July 9, 2012

I’d actually watch AI again if Lambert were on it.