'True Blood' Recap: Sookie & Russell Edgington Finally Come Face To Face

Sun, July 8, 2012 10:52pm EDT by 10 Comments
True Blood Episode 505

mvk

Posted at 3:29 PM on July 9, 2012

I have read all of Charlaine Harris’ True Blook books. This Ifrit does not show up in any of her books. In point of fact, half the crap they put in the series does not show up in the books. “Ms Harris, trust me when I say that 75% of the people I know who read the books and watch the series, like the books better”. The other 25% likes only some parts of the series better, not all of what they see. The series is totally off the wall from the book. Lafayette gets killed in the first or second book. None of this crap with Terry is in the books. The series has too much going on. They should stick to three or four story lines and not 15. True Blood has become too congested that is why is has lost a lot of it’s viewers. Most of my friend don’t even watch it anymore. I do because I am hoping it will change.

Andy Swift

Posted at 5:26 PM on July 9, 2012

I couldn’t agree with you more. While I love that HBO kept Lafayette alive and really fleshed out his character, I’m not down with many of the other additions.

Terry’s story line is too ridiculous.
Tara probably could have died a season or 2 ago.
Luna can also exit anytime.

TeamTSD

Posted at 2:03 PM on July 9, 2012

Loved the recap. “Boot N Rally” was seriously intense. Ah! More thoughts and episode discussions of True Blood at teamtsd.tumblr.com plus we updated daily with rants, gossip and photos of your favorite supernatural drama shows. #Truebies

Macie

Posted at 10:37 AM on July 9, 2012

I cant help but think that Pam might be involved with Russell…anyone else catch what she said to Tara when she was feeding. Vamps at the top of the food chain. humans there to serve them…
Ifrit = pointless story line!

Andy Swift

Posted at 5:27 PM on July 9, 2012

That’s true, it could have been Pam! All we know is that it was a woman with that necklace… but couldn’t anyone put that necklace on?

Noelle

Posted at 9:41 AM on July 9, 2012

alcide & sookie, its been a long time coming and if it finally happens ill be soooo haapppyyy ! hes wonderdully gorgeoouusss ! ♥ ;-) definitelllyyy funnyy …. and a bit creepy how they were just standing there watching … drunk sookie is awesome ! Lol !

i think salome dug up russell. when whats his face told her that bill and eric went into the parking garage she had this very scared look about her … but then again, maybe it was lilith ??

vampire politics are deffinitteelyy way more interesting then ever !!!! :D chris meloni is amazing ! ♥ such a different role from SVU and hes proving to be quite wonderful ! :D

one thing i AM mad about is that debbie doesnt have a sister on the show ! i was soo looking forward to her going after sookie ! ….

Andy Swift

Posted at 5:27 PM on July 9, 2012

Hey, never say never … Maybe Debbie’s sister will come out of the woodworks ;)

Andy Swift

Posted at 5:28 PM on July 9, 2012

Oh, wait, I just remembered Andy referred to Debbie as the Pelts’ “only daughter.” Nevermind! ;)

Jennifer

Posted at 11:59 PM on July 8, 2012

Hopefully, that’s the end of Sookie and Alcide. It says something that Sookie had to be drunk to seriously consider sleeping with him.
It was hilariously embarrassing when Eric and Bill interrupted when Sookie puked up all the liquor she’d drunk–all over half-naked Alcide’s shoes.
I loved that Russell is finally back. Between Russell, the Authority, and the Sanguinistas, vampire politics are getting very interesting.

Andy Swift

Posted at 9:12 AM on July 9, 2012

Yeah… I feel like Sookie/Alcide is never really going to happen, and I’m totally fine with that.