Seth Meyers Likely Becoming Kelly Ripa's Permanent 'Live!' Co-Host

Thu, July 5, 2012 8:42pm EDT by 19 Comments

How will this affect Seth’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ gig? And who else is in the running? Read on to find out!

It’s been the question on everyone — and every house cat’s — mind: “Who will take over as Kelly Ripa‘s Live! co-host?” That answer will likely be Seth Meyers, according to a new report from ShowBiz411, which alleges that Seth is the frontrunner for the position. He’s believed to be leagues ahead of the two other candidates, Michael Strahan and Josh Groban, and will be given the chance to prove himself with a five-day stint beginning July 9.

According to the report, Seth would likely remain on SNL as the host of “Weekend Update,” but would likely need to step down as head writer of the long-running sketch comedy.

But what do YOU think of this news? Is Seth the perfect person to fill Regis Philbin‘s shoes, or should someone else be seated next to Kelly come fall? Vote below!

— Andy Swift

More Live! News:

1. NFL Star Michael Strahan Top Contender To Be Kelly Ripa’s Co-Host
  2. Kelly Ripa To Young Girls: Don’t Define Yourself By Your Middle & High School Years
  3. Kelly Ripa Reveals: Will She Have Another Baby?

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

Buster

Posted at 1:12 PM on August 8, 2014

I think the admin of this website is truly working
hard for his web site, because here every material
is quality based information.

Fred

Posted at 8:16 PM on August 20, 2012

Michael Strahan all the way! He and Kelly have the best connection! Seth is a bore! Josh a great singer and should remain so!

Lore

Posted at 10:50 AM on July 23, 2012

I am on board with all of the Michael fans, its Michael all the way. He is great with Kelly. I would be ok if they did happen to pick Josh, he is so adorable. Please NO Seth Meyers.

michael Strahan

Posted at 10:45 PM on July 18, 2012

I think Michael is funny and energetic and will be great cohost for Kelly.

Dot Rooney

Posted at 11:16 PM on July 17, 2012

Love Josh Groban. Definitely, not Michael-boring. Seth was just OK.

Myrna Horton

Posted at 5:36 PM on July 17, 2012

Seth Myers is by far the best new co host. He reminds. Me of a young Regis. Very entertaining.

Harriet

Posted at 4:41 PM on August 14, 2012

Totally agree that Seth Myers is the best!

Ken

Posted at 7:56 AM on July 17, 2012

Michael S will be the perfect host he has the energy and the new york connection.

alex

Posted at 10:31 PM on July 16, 2012

Michael without a doubt!! seth is annoying and Josh is better singing.

linda tope

Posted at 3:19 PM on July 10, 2012

make michael s. the new co host.. he works well with kelly.. seth is okay but michael s. brings that WOW factor….

Frani

Posted at 12:22 PM on July 7, 2012

Devoted Live fan – Michael Straihan is by far the best co-host with Kelly and adds to her and the show. Seth was a little snippy to Kelly last time he was on. Josh is adorable and sweet to Kelly but Michael would add the most personality and fun to the show. Even though he towers over her – he would not overshadow her on the show. Kelly is the show and anyone cohosting needs to understand that.

Anne Maxey

Posted at 12:23 AM on July 7, 2012

Seth is my #1 choice! Thrilled that he is leading! He and Kelli
are so narural together. Love his personality!

Please, no

Posted at 1:21 PM on July 6, 2012

I can’t stand this guy on SNL. I always fast forward through his segment on SNL. He is not funny. He has zero personality. I would much rather see anyone other than Seth Myers and Howie Mandell. The person with the best chemistry with Kelly is Anderson Cooper, Michaels Strahorn or her husband. WTF did they pull the Seth Myers card out of the hat? Random and so wrong.

Veronica

Posted at 6:23 PM on July 14, 2012

Please,no I like your way of thinking.Seth and Howie will make me stop watching the show,i am on board for TEAM STRAHAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JQ

Posted at 10:03 AM on July 6, 2012

I agree with Micheal! They play off of each other so well! I LOVE Seth, but I think Micheal would be a much better fit

Kate

Posted at 6:59 AM on July 6, 2012

I have seen all three hosts and Josh was my favorite. I think Josh was cute, down to Earth and funny in a natural way. He was a good opposite to Kelly and I think that Seth is too similar to her. I think they would be a little too much for me to handle in the morning.

Deedee

Posted at 9:53 PM on July 5, 2012

No no no no no Michael alllllll the way, chemisty is the best with Michael….love Josh too….but love Michael so much….Seth needs to stay were he is at….great on Saturday night live….Michael Michael Michael pleeeeeeeese

Koky

Posted at 6:28 PM on July 14, 2012

I am with you Deedee..Michael Strahan,PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ImissRegis

Posted at 3:41 PM on August 21, 2012

Any of the 3 is good. Seth makes me laugh every time, Michael brightens my day, and Josh is so cute!

I personally laugh the most when Joel co-hosts though.

Why not just keep switching it up? What about what Sylvia Browne said?