Two Gay Dads & Toddler Banned From Club Pool

Thu, July 5, 2012 1:29pm EST by 8 Comments

Cries of discrimination and outrage were sparked after Will Trinkle and Juan Granados were banned from their Roanoke athletic club because they are gay parents and aren’t considered a ‘real’ family.

Even though they paid for membership, Will Trinkle and Juan Granados were not allowed to swim at the Roanoke Athletic Club in Virginia after trying to take their son Oliver to the pool. The club only allows children access to the pool if they have two heterosexual parents.

“It was like someone punched us in the stomach,” Trinkle told reporters during a press conference. “It’s from a place we couldn’t imagine that there would be this kind of discrimination and this kind of attack. We have come a long way but this shows we have a long way to go.”

After the story got out, more than 35,000 supporters have already joined a petition against the club, in order to allow children and their gay parents to swim at the pool.

The club, however, is staying firm on their decision even though Trinkle and Granados originally signed up for the family plan.

The club defines “family” as a “husband, wife and their children – ages 21 and younger – living at home.”

– Lorraine Chow

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

Celebrities who came out:

1. Anderson Cooper Officially Comes Out: ‘I’m Gay, Always Have Been’
  2. Former NFL Star Wade Davis Speaks Out About Being Gay For First Time
  3. Jim Parsons Reveals: I’m Gay

Laurie

Posted at 10:32 PM on July 6, 2012

I mean they are part of the majority that ISN’T warped in their thinking.

Laurie

Posted at 10:30 PM on July 6, 2012

Where do you get that I am religious…I don’t go to church…what would that have to do with anything anyway? And, by the way…my kids won’t be gay.. I raised then better than that. They are part of the majority around here that is “warped” in their life/thinking!

DJ

Posted at 11:05 PM on July 6, 2012

Gay people are born not raised.

Laurie

Posted at 3:51 AM on July 6, 2012

Excuse me…I’m apparently not as dumb as you are…at least I know how to spell and use the English language! Ever heard of PUNCTUATION? Also, the “your” you wrote should be you’re – a contraction for “you are”. I also don’t appreciate being sworn at for my beliefs. Thank goodness I live in a state (Minnesota) that is going to vote this fall to have marriage only between a man and a woman – THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE!! Everyone that I know around here is for marriage the way it was meant to be. You are the dumb one, homosexuality is wrong – what if everyone was…the world would stop populating – it just isn’t “meant to be”.

natalia

Posted at 8:41 AM on July 6, 2012

Oh you reproduction hero and spelling master! You must be so proud of yourself after writing this post… I am so lucky I live in Europe.

Darenee

Posted at 12:36 AM on July 6, 2012

F-you these are real people who just want to be treated equal what if people told you couldn’t do something because they think different from you your a dumb Bitc* who has no heart soul or god

Laurie

Posted at 12:22 AM on July 6, 2012

GOOD FOR “THE CLUB”!!! It’s about time a stand is taken against these whackos that are just trying to get attention and “stir the pot”!!

Shell-Belle

Posted at 4:19 PM on July 6, 2012

OMG are you freaking joking Laurie? Those “whackos” are human beings who love one another AND had enough love in their lives and hearts to adopt a child who heterosexual mommy & daddy DIDN’T WANT! You Bible thumping, holier than thou, small minded hypocrites make me sick! Doesn’t God say that we should not judge? Doesn’t God say that we should love our brothers and sisters? Shame on you, Miss hypocrite! Why do gay people offend you so much? They aren’t hurting you, effecting your personal life in any way or getting into your business, stay out of theirs! Who a person loves and chooses to spend their life with is NO ONE else’s business.
A parent should love their child unconditionally right? I know I love my kids unconditionally. There isn’t anything they could say or do that would ever make me turn my back on my children that I gave birth to. NOTHING. NEVER. So what if a child or grandchild of yours was gay? What would you do? Would you discard them because they aren’t what YOU want them to be? Don’t tell me that you would pray for them or try to explain to them that they are confused. It won’t work. So now what? Just how much of a GOOD CHRISTIAN are YOU?!!!
You gay bashers are gonna have a lot of explaining to do when you stand at the Pearly Gates begging to get in!