'Jack Reacher' Trailer: Tom Cruise Fights Divorce Drama With Clip

Tue, July 3, 2012 2:39pm EDT by 5 Comments
Tom Cruise Jack Reacher

Even though the whole world is trying to find out the real story behind his private life with Katie Holmes, Tom’s battling bad guys more than ever in this exciting new trailer!

Tom Cruise‘s split from Katie Holmes shocked the world, but he’s trying to get the focus back on his movies with the new trailer for his upcoming action flick Jack Reacher!

Tom, 50, stars as the titular badass cop, and we’re sure he’s hoping that the high-octane clip will make people forget about all of his current scandals!

Will YOU see Jack Reacher, HollywoodLifers?

– William Earl

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More Tom:

1. Tom Cruise Headed To US: First Time Seeing Katie Holmes Since Divorce Filing
  2. Controlling Tom Cruise Forbade Katie Holmes From ‘Dawson’s Creek’ Reunion
  3. Tom Cruise’s 50th Birthday Photos: Relive His Highs & Lows

gregperry

Posted at 1:30 PM on July 8, 2012

The force-feeding continues.

After the audience and I who saw the trailer for Jack Reacher stopped laughing, I realized a few things. One: HE IS NO STEVE MCQUEEN. Then, I realized I had seen someone trying hard to sell their “star” as someone so tough, it would make Dirty Harry die of laughter–HE IS NO CLINT EASTWOOD. Then, I recalled another cringe-worthy piece of “reporting” from a few weeks ago, that he was planning on remaking The Magnificent Seven, with himself in the lead role, and realized–HE IS NO YUL BRYNNER.

But whatever his camp wishes to force-feed us, there are still plenty of cinema-goers who are not going to spend a dime on this “comedy.” BTW, another spin piece on him being the “highest paid” last year–is that salary or earnings (makes a difference considering others were paid higher salaries)?

Rock of Ages bombed. MI4 earned most of its money in China, where most well-crafted US action films make a profit, regardless of its star.

Lessons learned: Question what you read now more than ever in this digital age, and don’t be afraid to laugh out loud in a movie theater.

Curso de PHP

Posted at 12:43 PM on July 4, 2012

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually know what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked. Please also consult with my web site =). We can have a link exchange agreement among us

Jane

Posted at 12:38 AM on July 4, 2012

I am a fan of Lee Child’s novels and love his character, Jack Reacher and to know that Tom Cruise was cast for this part drives me nuts. Jack Reacher is 6’5″, 250 lbs, one tough talking man that takes no sh.. from anyone. Tom Cruise is a little 5’7″ and is shorter than anyone in the trailer. What a shame Lee Child approved him for Reacher. I won’t see this movie or any sequel with Tom Cruise as Reacher. I will just read the newest book to get my Reacher fix.

Lally Gregory

Posted at 5:49 PM on July 3, 2012

I for one do not want Tom Cruise in my mind when I’m reading the Jack Reacher nover.!

gregperry

Posted at 1:31 PM on July 8, 2012

Hi Lally, it is hard, because of the digital and print PR marketing from his camp, which amounts to force-feeding! I wish you the best as you rid your mind so you can return to the novels with enjoyment.