'Bachelorette' Spoiler: Who Proposes To Emily Maynard

Tue, July 3, 2012 11:28am EDT by 25 Comments

Major spoiler alert! Don’t read this if you want the ‘Bachelorette’ season finale to be a surprise! Read on for more details — you’ve been warned!

Bachelorette buzz has been quiet all season long about who Emily Maynard will say “yes” to on the season finale.

But finally the trustworthy Reality Steve reveals that he has “100 percent” confirmation on who Emily IS engaged to. Drum roll, please…

Emily and hot skater-boy entrepreneur JEF HOLM get enaged in Curacao, according to Steve.

Are you done screaming yet?

Steve writes that he’s unsure who makes it to the overnight dates — if they even happen at all — but he’s absolutely sure Jef proposes and that the two are STILL engaged.

“What I do know now is that Emily and Jef left Curacao as an engaged couple and are still engaged today. Not sure who went home after the overnights (if anyone), not sure who (if anyone) met Ricki, not sure if the final rose ceremony has one, two, or three guys proposing. I just know that Jef definitely proposed in Curacao, she accepted, and they are engaged,” he writes.

I really hope this is true! And this totally explains why front-runner Arie Luyendyk Jr. was spotted canoodling with ex-girlfriend Sonia Rockwell in LA on June 28!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Are you happy to hear that JEF is the winner? Vote and weigh in below.

More on Emily:

1. Did Arie Luyendyk Jr. Reveal He’s Engaged To ‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard?
  2. ‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard’s Secret Relationship With Host Chris Harrison
  3. Emily Maynard & Jef Holm: Most Romantic Hometown Date Ever

Sean

Posted at 7:04 AM on July 21, 2012

I think she made a a big mistake by letting Sean go home. I think she really is in love or maybe thinks she is. She is a southern girl she will never fit in to a morman family. You could tell that on family night. Sean is a true gentleman and lives close enough to SC so she can be with friends and family there. He is from Dallas and who would want to live in Utah?????She better is high maintance so whoever better love her for better or worse

stephanie

Posted at 8:22 PM on July 19, 2012

Well I was really hoping she would pick Sean…I know It’s her life and such but definitally seemed like Sean was the better out if all of them..he seems to be way more mature and genuine and really care the most for Emily and her daughter…I thinks It’s crazy how she had him and just let him go like that she even said all the time how he was perfect so now It’s like ok what’s wrong with u to let go the guy u said was perfect for Ur life…sadness:/

Donna

Posted at 3:20 PM on July 18, 2012

Go Emily!! I think Jeff is honest and true to himself and his family what an honor he holds and I am proud to say thank you for being such an inspiration to the rest of the world for being an example. I am Mormon and very proud of the knowledge I know and some day all will see what and how important we are in this world to others. How blessed lil Riki will be to be part of this wonderful family of Jeff’s. Love to all

Maggie

Posted at 1:42 PM on July 18, 2012

quit putting up straw men… this is awful how all our feelings dictate to everyone.

What if you are wrong. leave whoever alone to what they are handed.

As a romantic I believe love will find away. Let it be.

Maggie

Posted at 1:39 PM on July 18, 2012

God bless you Emily, find love everthing else will fall in place!

Good Luck!

judy collins

Posted at 8:22 AM on July 17, 2012

i guess i’m ambivalent because i did note that jef’s probably mormon and his family did seem to be looking her up and down, judging her appearance. i wouldn’t want to see her get into a situation somewhat like katie and tom cruise where she is encouraged to change for someone else. it was worrisome when jef said his family got him to break up with another girl. i thought, “where is his backbone? his family is like a cult!” i hope i’m wrong but the safest bet for her would be sean. arie’s profession is no good for a mother with small child, who already lost her ex through an accident. i know that was a plane, but arie’s profession is dangerous. sean would be a great dad and so would jef, if his family doesn’t try to make her convert to mormonism….creepy!

LC

Posted at 6:12 AM on July 15, 2012

My family is Mormon in Utah and I have a brother and a sister married to people who are not Mormon and it is not an issue. My brother-in-law is evangelical Christian and my sister-in-law is not religious. We are all friends and we do not judge them for anything nor do we pressure them to be Mormon.

Kate

Posted at 4:49 PM on July 10, 2012

The Mormon issue will definitely be a problem. his entire family will look down on her for drinking a beer or a cup of coffee. I am sure they were shocked she had on a spaghetti strapped dress. And there will be a lot of pressure for her to convert. Emily needs to find out what they really believe before agreeing to that! It is not mainstream Christianity.

victoria

Posted at 8:51 AM on July 11, 2012

Kate, I am unsure where you get your information as to what a Mormon’s believe but let me fill you in just a tad. First off, there is no rule that states that a mormon can not drink coffee. Word of Wisdom which is a Mormon doctrine warns against “hot and cold drinks”. Its a matter of interpretation. The Word of Wisdom are “guidelines” set down as recommendations for the members of the church to enable them to be closer to their maker (God). Its a matter of chosing what is good and bad for their bodies. As for her wearing a spaghetti strapped dress, there is nothing wrong with that either. She is not a member of the church and therefore is not required to wear the garments that are required to wear by one that has gone through “endowment” in a temple. Not all members go through “endowment” and therefore are not required to wear the garments. As for her being recruited, there may be a bit of pressure by the family to convert only because the Mormons believe that when married in the temple, they will be forever married in the after live and rejoined together after they die. But is that bad? NO and considering I’m a Catholic and have been around Mormons for over 40 years, I would say that if she choses Jef, she would be welcomed into his family with open arms, graciousness, warm, caring, devote, close knit, family oriented, LOVING family. I found Arie’s family to be stuffy, cold, uppity, snobbish and basically very indifferent unlike Jef’s family. I would recommend though that you leave Jef’s family’s religious beliefs out of the discussion as it seems you truly do not know much about the LDS but only what you think you have heard about them.

Kate

Posted at 1:12 PM on July 11, 2012

Please, Victoria, if you are truly Catholic, which I find hard to believe, I am as much an expert or more, on Mormonism as you. I have lived in Utah all my life (60 years) and have many, many close Mormon friends and coworkers. In fact, one of my friends knows Jef’s family. He said they would definitely expect her to convert. The “Words of Wisdom” do warn against some drinks, but their interpretation has narrowed it down to caffeinated hot drinks (Coke – good, coffee – bad) and alcohol. I agree those aren’t good for you, and it is a noble aspiration, but honestly, there is not ONE practicing Mormon who will tell you it is OK to have a beer AND a temple recommend. You are delusional if you think otherwise. Having a temple recommend is how you are considered a “good” Mormon. Jef’s religion has everything to do with their future together. I guarantee the relationship won’t last if she’s not open to being LDS. P.S. Your Mormonism is showing… they always say, “Leave religion out of it” when they don’t want a light shined on their strange beliefs.

Emily

Posted at 4:02 PM on July 10, 2012

OMG if thats true im going to die!
I have been “Team Arie” since day one.
Jef looks like a child & he needs a hair cut, Emily how could you be so stupid.

Ann

Posted at 9:07 AM on July 10, 2012

Dislike Jef…..the Mormon thing will get in the way…..

heather

Posted at 11:50 PM on July 9, 2012

I love ALL three finalists…but I think jef’s religious beliefs may not allow a real relationship to last. just my opinion

cynthia

Posted at 5:40 PM on July 9, 2012

OMGGG HER AND ARIE OR SEAN ARE SOOO CUTEEE
UGGGHH JEFF LOOKS LIKE A FREAKIN CHILDD
THIS SUCKS
SHE BETTER NOT PICK HIM!!!!

Piper

Posted at 7:44 PM on July 6, 2012

I kind of hope it is true, it won’t last… But he should wait a good while and not rush into anything. I think she wants too control him and I can’t see her controling Arie or Sean…. Jef is so young and he acts like a kid, and if he has to use dolls to say things and write letters I’d say run. They may be sweet but he isn’t relaxed enough for them to really be true.

Misty

Posted at 4:27 AM on July 6, 2012

I feel sorry for anyone who is engaged to her. It won’t last. She is too self absorbed and self centered. Not to mention HIGH maintenance. It has been reported what a potty mouth she is, what a temper she has and how she throws tantrums when she doesn’t get her way. Imagine how her daughter must be….an exact copy. I just hope she doesn’t destroy a fine guy in her wake….And I can her her kid already….”you’re not my dad, I don’t have to listen to you……Mom…..blah, blah…So I think they should all run for the hills and find a true, nice girl to be happy with and enjoy a real life. If Emily is engaged, she will chew the poor guy up and spit him out. She really doesn’t want to leave her gravy train life…..

gretchen

Posted at 11:07 AM on July 15, 2012

I still see some people badmouthing Emily. I have been a single mother at 18 and can tell everyone that she is exceptionally mature, considered and smart. I am just like her petite and blonde and was very smart and at the same time charming and attractive. I can remember everybody wanting (needing!) me to fail in everything I did. Well, the babyboy I had is now a cardiologist, I am a published author (wrote books in 2 languages) and had a very successful life. I still look good and people still are not helping me because they don’t want me to look even better. So everything I have become is regardless and despite everybody trying to fight and sabotage me and starting bad rumors about me. I see the same thing happening to Emily. Just because she knows when to stop being nice doesn’t mean she is selfish.
People would walk all over her if she didn’t have a few very drastic expressions and gestures to stop them in time to get them to back off. That’s what happened to genuinely nice petite, blonde charming and smart women. When I was successfully doing something extraordinary it was allways shalked of to appearance instead of giving me credit for my intelligence. It is interesting that almost allways women are the only critics bad mouthing her. Emily is the first single parent on this show who has truely the well being of her child in mind.
And high maintenance??? Emily could wear a brown paperbag and look stunning and you don’t get to be a sissy around horses. She rides like a champ, she is a great shot and Jef would be an idiot not to really want her. Emily reminds me a lot of myself at that age. I still have red fingernails (while using a table saw) and wear pink driving a motorscooter on nice days and am still genuinely nice – until someone crosses me or insults my intelligence.
And the Mormon thing – Emily knows when and where to draw the line and is smart enough to not being talked into things she doesn’t want to do. Didn’t you watch her?? Give her some credit for heaven’s sake – not for her appearance but her smarts!!
Emily – you go girl!

BSspotter

Posted at 12:55 PM on July 22, 2012

Anyone who wrote 2 books would/should have a better grasp on grammar and spelling. Always does not have 2 L’s… and you can’t claim typo because you repeated your mistakes. If you expect to gain credibility by saying you’ve written 2 books, then learn how to spell and use grammar so you don’t add to the stereotype of dumb blondes.

gretchen

Posted at 11:14 AM on July 15, 2012

One more thing – to call a six year old you have never met a
replica of her self centered mother (you heve never met either) is saying all about you.
I will feel very sorry for you – right after you find a place to hide some where from the public eye so that we all can enjoy Emily and her daughter without interruption.

judy collins

Posted at 8:18 AM on July 17, 2012

gretchen, you sound very self-centered and vain to me…talking about how intelligent, charming and beautiful you are! my god…i like emily but not you so much. get over yourself!

Lea

Posted at 12:14 AM on July 6, 2012

I definitely do not believe this.

Jus

Posted at 7:50 AM on July 5, 2012

I very much hope that this is true. I really liked Jef. I thought a nice his family. It seems to me that he really is in love with Emily, and is ready to build with her family. That’s what he asked her about future plans and he unveiled plans for the future of the family, was exactly what Emiliy wanted to await the svas future husband. The fact that he questioned Emily about her daughter .. I like him.

Sam

Posted at 7:08 PM on July 4, 2012

Seans cuter. Its a dumb show though someone gettin free travel vacations to date multiple men.

Jane

Posted at 12:23 PM on July 3, 2012

How could she have an overnight with the other two guys..that does mean they sleep in the same bed, right? Wouldn’t you think the guy she gets engaged to be furious for sharing?

NYC

Posted at 7:18 PM on July 14, 2012

According to the show I saw no one had a over night stay…Jeff was the one that said with a premptive strike that he “wasn’t going to spend the night”. that it would not further their relationship because they both knew how they felt and not to ruin it for one night..Emily was and said how much she liked that about Jeff..so that would make sense to me if in fact they got engaged on the island before the night date. With all these shows I am so disappointed but not surprised that so much of it is staged..but what soap opera isn’t, It plays in to what most romantics believe that a happy ending will prevail..we all know that relationships are a continous learning experience even years later..you never know the person until you live with them and grow with them and go through highs and lows with them..when the rubber meets the road so to speak is when the true test of any relationship is tested. Who ever they all end up with the best/worst is yet to come..Good luck to everyone…