Swimmer Dara Torres Falls Short Of Making Sixth Olympic Team

Tue, July 3, 2012 10:11am EST by 7 Comments

The highly decorated swimmer narrowly missed her chance to make a record sixth U.S. swim team for the 2012 Olympics — we’re so sad! We were really pulling for her!

Dara Torres, 45, fell short only nine hundredths of a second in the 50-meter freestyle race landing herself in 4th place in the July 2 Olympic trials.

Dara has competed in five Olympic games and has earned 12 medals throughout her olympic career, tying her with Jenny Thompson as the most decorated female U.S. swimmer.

But Dara took her loss like a true champion and stayed positive. “This is really over,” Dara said. “That’s it, I’m going to enjoy some time with my daughter, have a nice summer and cheer on the U.S. team from afar.”

The 45-year-old mom has much to be proud of including being the first woman over the age of 40 to swim in the Olympics. “I don’t think there’s anything I could have changed,” Torres said. “You’ve got to look at it realistically. As much as I want to win and I wanted to make the team, that’s pretty good for a 45-year-old.”

Despite her loss, Dara has had an amazing Olympic career and we’re so proud of her!

Click here to watch the video of Dara’s race!

– Jenny Pickard

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More Olympics news:

1. Muse Song ‘Survival’ Named Official 2012 Olympics Theme Song
  2. One Direction Will Perform At The Olympics – Report
  3. ‘Vogue’ Magazine’s Olympic-Themed Cover For June 2012

Game Mobile hot

Posted at 4:58 AM on July 13, 2012

It’s really a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

seo st petersburg

Posted at 2:38 AM on July 13, 2012

Excellent points altogether, you just gained a brand new reader. What would you recommend in regards to your publish that you just made a few days ago? Any certain?

Online Business Solutions

Posted at 11:13 AM on July 7, 2012

I just couldn’t depart your website prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual information a person provide for your visitors? Is going to be back ceaselessly in order to investigate cross-check new posts

CFS-100A| Fuel system cleaner

Posted at 2:35 AM on July 6, 2012

Its like you read my thoughts! You appear to grasp a lot approximately this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I feel that you just can do with a few percent to drive the message house a little bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.

portable electric water heaters

Posted at 11:03 PM on July 5, 2012

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have take into account your stuff prior to and you are just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have received right here, really like what you are stating and the way during which you are saying it. You’re making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to keep it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous site.

CCD/3D Wheel aligner

Posted at 4:23 AM on July 5, 2012

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It if truth be told used to be a leisure account it. Look complex to far brought agreeable from you! However, how can we keep up a correspondence?

jltechno a/c service station

Posted at 11:39 PM on July 4, 2012

I have been browsing on-line greater than three hours as of late, but I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It’s lovely value sufficient for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content as you probably did, the internet will likely be a lot more useful than ever before.