Boy, 3, Rushed To Hospital After Eating Grandmother's Marijuana Cookies

Tue, July 3, 2012 2:30pm EST by 11 Comments
Boy Eats Grandmas Pot Cookies

A young boy looking for a snack mistakenly ate one of his grandmother’s marijuana-laced chocolate chip cookies and had to be rushed to the hospital unconscious — how sad!

The three-year-old boy was taken to the hospital June 30 when he couldn’t be awoken after sleeping for 16 hours straight at his home in Murietta, CA.

The family wasn’t aware that the young boy had eaten an unknown number of cookies that contained drugs until they arrived at the hospital.

The boy’s grandmother, who has cancer, had a legal prescription for marijuana to lessen her symptoms and baked the cookies for herself. According the grandmother, the cookies contained so much THC, the active chemical in marijuana, that the boy’s grandmother could treat her pain and drift into sleep with one silver-dollar-sized bite.

The boy was staying with his grandmother while his father was at work on June 29. The boy’s grandmother put the cookies in what she thought was a safe place: an “out-of-the-way” refrigerator in the garage. But the three-year-old was able to sneak into the garage and eat the drug-laced cookies, even under the grandmother’s supervision.

The young boy was admitted to the hospital for observation, but thankfully recovered from ingesting the drugs. The boy’s father and grandmother could face child endangerment charges for the incident.

HollyMoms, do you think the boy’s grandmother and father should be charged with child endangerment?

– Jenny Pickard

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More HollyBaby news:

  1. Kailyn Lowry Shows Off Giant Back Tattoo
  2. Chris Hemsworth Cradles Baby India Rose — Adorable Pic
  3. Pregnant Snooki Pushes BEER-Filled Stroller

Leave a Reply

To comment, please fill in the fields below, enter your comment and select the Comment button.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

View Comment

Keaira

Posted at 1:34 PM on September 2, 2013  

Charging the grandmother and father for anything is just ridiculous. Children get into things no matter how hard we try to keep them in site. She had proper prescriptions and she attempted to keep them out the way. And the father was at work ! I’d understand if he got into coke or somethin but this was an honest mistake. Had they had a little more knowledge on the drug they would have known he was gonna wake up lol

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

mia

Posted at 2:43 PM on July 10, 2012  

I don’t think they should get charged because she had cancer and had a legal prescription for marijuana

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Lucy

Posted at 10:53 PM on July 8, 2012  

What a wonderful story with a happy ending for the family!!
In my state, she would have had to be on pharmaceuticals for her cancer. If her grandson had found and ingested anything that would have been prescribed in most other states, he would probably be dead.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

common Sense Police

Posted at 5:22 PM on July 4, 2012  

Then after hearing the cops talk about how dangerous marijuana is, he laughed and took a nap. The only reason this story got reported at all is because the mom needed 2 IV bags after the kid sucked out every last drop of milk in her body while mumbling something about cottonmouth. What a joke. Pot doesn’t even hurt a 3 year old but its so bad we need to rip your family apart and send you to prison. Don’t forget to celebrate your “freedom” this 4th of July :)

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Emily

Posted at 5:47 PM on July 3, 2012  

You never hear someone dying on a overdosing on maryj.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

AHAHAAHA

Posted at 5:46 PM on July 3, 2012  

AHAHAHAHA. No duh . he didnt die .You never of someone overdosing on marjuana*

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

gbtw

Posted at 5:20 PM on July 3, 2012  

the grandmother’s story is one big lie. there is no way a supervised child just ends up in a refrigerator in the garage opening containers and eating cookies. bullsh!t. honestly, my daughter doesn’t even eat without asking for something, and she’s 4. and, she would never just go in the refrigerator, even the one in the house, and just get a container and open it and take out cookies. not to mention that if i knew i had pot in the house i’d be extra vigilant to have it out of reach. no, the story is horse crap, and the grandmother’s cancer probably is, too. pot is so free flying in this state it’s ridiculous.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

CA_MMJ_MOM

Posted at 7:04 PM on July 4, 2012  

First off, I have a 6yr. and a 3yr old and my 3 yr old would TOTALLY go in the garage(has done it many times) and would open the freezer if he was strong enough( he can and will open boy my fridge and freezer in the house. So it is VERY possible.
Which is also the reason I don’t have any “edibles” in my house. Grandma, if you don’t like to smoke it get a vaporizor!

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

reefers

Posted at 3:24 PM on July 6, 2012  

are you trying to make us believe your 4 yr old never sneaked a cookie while your back was turned? surely not

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

kim

Posted at 4:31 PM on July 3, 2012  

aww how sad poor little boy :(

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

sarah

Posted at 3:31 PM on July 3, 2012  

of course hes recovering, no amount of weed will kill you. more likely to die from tylenol

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter