Katie Holmes Fed Up With Scientology — Why She's Divorcing Tom Cruise?

Fri, June 29, 2012 5:11pm EST by 88 Comments
Tom Cruise Divorce

bookmarks

Posted at 3:45 PM on July 3, 2012

Hi there, simply became alert to your weblog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful when you proceed this in future. Many other folks will probably be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

weight loss goal

Posted at 2:59 AM on July 3, 2012

hey there and thank you in your info ? I have definitely picked up anything new from proper here. I did then again expertise several technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the site lots of instances previous to I may get it to load correctly. I were puzzling over if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading cases times will sometimes impact your placement in google and can damage your high quality ranking if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content. Make sure you update this again very soon..

glad4suri

Posted at 7:19 PM on July 2, 2012

it doesnt matter now the whys she married Tom; it is the childs well being thats important. thanks for an honest article! keep us truly informed with updates please!

anticult

Posted at 7:15 PM on July 2, 2012

stop spam copy/pasting ur BS “ima scieto…” !! its obvious you r a troll and paid to be/do so

Debbie

Posted at 2:45 PM on July 2, 2012

Good for Katie.
Sorry to all you Scientology nutters out there. But YAY Katie… way to go girl. And you protect your baby Sweetie.
I’m sorry, I used to love Tom, but he became a nut job as soon as he got in with that cult.
The day you loose the freedom to make your own decisions in life and you loose the right to voice your own beliefs… is the day you become a slave to a great evil. And she have been trapped with a great evil for far to long.
FREEDOM at last Katie. And you two girls deserve it.
Good luck you have a lot of support going forward.

Nadene

Posted at 10:42 PM on July 1, 2012

Good question!
As an ex-scientologists and someone who directly experienced Tom Cruise’s abusive behavior, I can confirm that Tom and his lover David Miscavige(the leader of the church of scientology) at unusually close and control and abuse (physically and emotionally)everyone around them, including high ranking executives and Tom does the same with his staff and family members, including his wife/girlfriends and his kids. Tom also has everyone sign a “confidential bond” without giving them a copy so no one would say a word on what they see inside his personal life and this is how he silence everyone. I signed a copy too. but the truth is that those paper we signed has ZERO legal value.

100a fuse

Posted at 7:30 PM on July 1, 2012

I like the helpful info you supply in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I’m rather sure I’ll be informed many new stuff right right here! Good luck for the following!

Mban

Posted at 5:31 PM on July 1, 2012

Scientology is joke! Nothing more to say

a. cannon

Posted at 11:09 AM on July 1, 2012

katie was in the marraige for the money. She was ok with tom at the beginning and with his religon . Also I think being paid to have a baby for money she has no morals. marriage is perfect , i guess she just wanted to much like the spoiled chiled she is

Tiffany

Posted at 12:16 PM on July 3, 2012

How could it be about money they had a prenup.
DUH!

Lizzie

Posted at 6:25 PM on June 30, 2012

Ha! I’ve been a Scientologist for 40 years and it’s made every part of my life better in a hundred ways and had a lot of fun. Sure, everyone has the right to believe whatever they want and surely with religion too. No one in Scientology would “force” a person to do anything. That’s ridiculous. Check out the REAL website at scientology.org and find out for yourself but don’t just listen to crazy gossip mags which are only trying to sensationalize everything and anything for profit! LOL – life’s too short to not enjoy every moment!

Dee

Posted at 3:51 PM on July 1, 2012

I really don’t understand how you can believe in a “religion” whose very founder acknowledges that he made up the beliefs to make money. Are followers really that gullible that they will follow someone who is out to make money? I suppose that if you need to believe in something “fun” it is ok, but at least admit that it is all a hoax.

M.Jo

Posted at 4:32 PM on July 1, 2012

What someone else believes in none of your business – what church is wealthier than the Catholic church? What religious institution does not make money off its followers? What are you practicing and how are you making the world a better place, as opposed to thinking it is your place to tell someone else what to believe in?

We can have some fun and games over how nutty Cruise is – and the speculation that he marries women to cover up the fact that he is gay, but really …. my goodness, if it isn’t for you.. go find what is.. and if you are doing your spiritual work, you have no time to wonder what the next person is doing.

Diana

Posted at 6:27 PM on July 1, 2012

What a hypocrite. You’re bashing that person for what they said, but you’re doing the exact same thing. How can you judge them? It’s people like you guys that the world is the way it is. The reason why religion is all a farse now. There is no ‘true religion’. It’s all personal belief, and that’s how it should be, seeing as man is so disrespectful that they cant come to terms that religion is something that deserves respect.

Lizzie

Posted at 6:22 PM on June 30, 2012

aquarius64

Posted at 2:31 PM on June 30, 2012

so sad.

Bruce

Posted at 12:22 PM on June 30, 2012

Scientology…..hmmm…could be worse….the sickness of liberlaism

Zombie

Posted at 4:12 PM on July 1, 2012

What’s “liberlaism”, you stupid conservative?

M.Jo

Posted at 4:33 PM on July 1, 2012

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA – You know, research has shown that bigots generally are less intelligent than the rest of us.

lilgrandma

Posted at 11:10 AM on June 30, 2012

I don’t BLAME her!!She n the baby needs a real life!!They look like zoobies:(Tom is a good n great looking guy too:) but how is he behind closes doors that’s the question?I would hate to be this rich with no life at all! so what’s the fun too much money n no life:(( you go girl get ur baby out before it’s too late!Tom ask too much of his wifes and after awhile it’s not good:(( The baby looks soo sad n soo unhappy:( she needs friends and a childhood life that she does’nt have poor baby!!I love you Katie for doing this!!You do love ur daughter yes!!!Keep her out of the spotlight as much as u can:) You don’t need to put ur life out there and i recpest all who don’t do it for the money!!!Take care and god bless and you will do great without TOM!!!!

Lizzie

Posted at 6:32 PM on June 30, 2012

me

Posted at 7:54 AM on June 30, 2012

It’s not about religion. It’s about men and women. It works or it doesn’t.

Jesse KK

Posted at 2:33 AM on June 30, 2012

Its non-sense for this woman to say that she is feddup with his religios belief . It’s all about money, money money woman like her needs that’s all

bibi

Posted at 7:02 AM on June 30, 2012

Katie is the mother and is darn well having a say in her up-bringing. GREAT. Too much control by others is not new in the news stories. since she married. I`m glad she/Katie has grown up and realised that decisions for her daughter are betwenen the parents -not some out-siders. All the best Katie to both you and Suri. You decide your own daughter`s life. .MOTHER KNOWS BEST !!!! Well done.

Shannon

Posted at 11:36 AM on June 30, 2012

They got a pre-nup so she’s not getting any money from him.

Katie

Posted at 3:54 PM on July 1, 2012

Have you ever READ their beliefs? That each of us has an alien inside, we are all immortal aliens waiting to shed our skin, etc? I think she has a perfect right to leave him for religious reasons. I think it is cynical of you to believe it is for money. She needs to protect her child.

Abinbola Adesanya

Posted at 1:07 AM on June 30, 2012

I am nt surprised at all. Its long overdue. What goes around comes around. Nicole Kidman should be laughing right nw.

chicagoexpert

Posted at 12:53 AM on June 30, 2012

I feel very happy to see that the great majority of the comments are from people who believe in JESUS. HE IS THE TRUTH and I pray and hope that Tom Cruise gets to know HIM. I have the feeling that Kate will teach their daughter about the WONDERFUL SAVIOR and find the right path to follow. God bless all of us.

Smithereens

Posted at 3:09 PM on June 30, 2012

@chicagoexpert – you sound as deluded as a Scientologist.

Jen75

Posted at 10:49 PM on June 29, 2012

You know NOTHING about Christianity if that’s what you believe it’s “main premise” to be….. Sad.

wobbage

Posted at 9:46 PM on June 29, 2012

there is no god, there is no higher being. Life is not mapped out by some supreme hand that governs and guides your every decision. You alone are responsible for what you do or do not do with your time on earth. You can spend it searching for something better, you can pretend that you’re going to have another better life after this one is over but that is sad. Life is precious because you only get one shot at it. live every day like it’s your last. love those around you now, it’s all the time you have. If you waste it chasing after a better afterlife then that’s your perrogative.

If more people lived like this time on earth is all there is and if we all accepted responsibility for our actions our world would be such a better place to live. Just think about it for a minute, when people realize they have only one chance at something they try all the harder to make the most of it and make it work.

My life became fuller and more filled with life and love and happiness when I put away the fairy tales and starting living this one life I have! peace out all

rsd

Posted at 11:31 PM on June 29, 2012

Ouch, you’ll be in for a surprise.

Joanne

Posted at 2:30 AM on June 30, 2012

Well said.

Jay

Posted at 6:51 AM on June 30, 2012

Sad, but you will learn of the universe’s own higher power when you have more experience.
As to Tom and Katie – GO GIRL! Another one that wised up just as Nicole did!

Anony

Posted at 10:10 AM on June 30, 2012

WRONG! Jesus is the ONLY way to our Loving Father. Someone created you. You did not get here by chance.

CECILE

Posted at 2:00 PM on June 30, 2012

GOOD FOR YOU !
TIME TO SAY GOODBYE TO IMAGINARY FRIENDS UP IN THE SKY

Red

Posted at 8:52 PM on June 29, 2012

Not everyone wants to be Christian or ascribes to handing their life over to Jesus. There are many other responsible, meangingful and sane religions other than Christianity. I suggest we let Katie and everybody else make their own decisions.

Anony

Posted at 10:12 AM on June 30, 2012

Jesus the ONLY way to our Loving Father. All other “religions” are evil and of Satan.

Mike0712

Posted at 11:51 AM on June 30, 2012

The world would be a better place without religion and everyone believing there religion is better than the next persons. No one knows what happens after this life cause no one has come back to tell us…

minni

Posted at 3:01 PM on July 1, 2012

I agree I would BAN religion, I have a strong beliefe in GOD and talk to him on my own merits without having to do it through a third party. God guids up religtion is controling and the cause of wars get on with life and live and work with what GOD has given us

Biri

Posted at 7:22 PM on June 30, 2012

Your comment is so small-minded it borders on just plain sad. You do realize that Christianity is a conglomeration of dozens of older religions and belief systems, do you not?

J

Posted at 3:37 PM on July 1, 2012

You are a very sick and dangerous person. It is people like you who make this world a sick and ugly place.

David

Posted at 7:51 PM on June 29, 2012

It sounds like they are very incompatible in certain areas of their lives. Tom should do some deep soul searching and convert to Christianity if he really loves Katie. Then Tom would have true love of both Jesus and Katie, Tom would then have the best of the best.

Maybe this will awaken Tom and lead him to Jesus and a new life through Christ. We should all pray for Tom to find Jesus and eternal life. And hopefully to win back Katie.

peaceforall

Posted at 8:47 PM on June 29, 2012

But, you sound just like Scientology. That a belief will save Tom Cruise. The right belief. The one where you have to accept Jesus and be saved in eternal life rather than eternal hell fire, is that correct? That just turns a lot of people off reading your comment, because there are controlling Christians who scare their spouse into leaving with the kids, too. You are arrogant to think your religion fixes things when I see dysfunction in families no matter how faithfully Christian they are.

lcrump

Posted at 11:30 PM on June 29, 2012

Christians are not perfect but we are forgiven ur sins by Jesus! Faith can make life better! Christianity is not fear of hell it is the hope of heaven and eternity with Jesus! I think that you shoudl make the most of your life here on earth but realize that there is more than this life to look forward to!!!

Anony

Posted at 10:14 AM on June 30, 2012

Jesus is NOT Scientology. He is the whole world’s Loving Savior. He is not a “religion.” He is our Savior and the only way to our Loving Father.

karen

Posted at 9:50 AM on July 1, 2012

Jesus is just a story,fiction-get a life

Minni

Posted at 3:05 PM on July 1, 2012

I totally agree with you. I believe in GOD because I know how else would be here, never mind all this ADAM AND EVE and sexual encouter, without GOD none of it would be avialable. No I dont go to CHURCH, and no I dont hurt others, I dont dont steal, I dont lie and I live a decent life style and thank my god every day but I refuse to believe that in order to be saved I should be part of a RELIGTION, I am part of GOD and thats all that metters

wobbage

Posted at 9:45 PM on June 29, 2012

OMG

Posted at 10:17 PM on June 29, 2012

Wobbage, we heard you; you’re atheist. Great!

I don’t think religion had anything to do with the divorce. Maybe they really did realize they didn’t love each other. Their quick romance to marriage didn’t show anything promising.

Watch out for Kloe and Lamar’s divorce two years from now too.

It’s not religion, but statistics people!

isa

Posted at 12:54 AM on June 30, 2012

no kidding since when is it co to telltheworld your a non- believer!!

lisa

Posted at 12:55 AM on June 30, 2012

i meant to write cool- typing error!

Jim

Posted at 10:03 PM on June 29, 2012

Amen!

Jim

Posted at 10:09 PM on June 29, 2012

Amen to the fact that Tom should seriously consider Christianity. It is the only sure way to save their family! God bless them and guide them to a better future! And God bless America!

CaraMae

Posted at 6:45 PM on June 29, 2012

The truth is, nobody really knows why they’re divorcing. Are we really gonna believe “a source?” Couples divorce for many reasons, and we can only speculate. It doesn’t say much about our own lives if we judge people and jump to conclusions thinking that we know what it’s all about when none of our statements can be verified.

JANES VINCENT

Posted at 4:56 PM on June 29, 2012

i IDOTBELIVE THAT ONEPERDSON COULD CONTROLK ASNOTHER INEBLIFER. CWE SHOILOD BE ASLLOWBTOHOSSE ONN OUROWN.. JANESV.;L

Cheryl S

Posted at 3:49 PM on June 29, 2012

The church if there is ANY truth to what we read, uses blackmail to keep their ‘followers’ in line. Sounds like brain washing. Run Katie, run. Stop letting others control your life. You are too beautiful to let any man or religion tell you what to believe. God says come to him. He accepts you as you are. Just believe. May your spirit be strong thru these trying times.

Mark

Posted at 5:09 PM on June 29, 2012

So you say no to scientolgy but yes to Christianity. Oh, if you could only see the irony.

Fred

Posted at 7:42 PM on June 29, 2012

Christianity as a religon, doesn’t ‘control’ your life in a bad way. It’s about love and forgiveness..these are good things!

peaceforall

Posted at 8:49 PM on June 29, 2012

I said it all in my previous comment to you, but how is Christianity a loving and peaceful religion when its main premise is fear of hell?

LilNugget

Posted at 9:00 PM on June 29, 2012

God wants no one to suffer in hell.. that is why He makes His plan so simple for us… Believe in His Son – who gave His life even though He was perfect – to pay for OUR sins. We don’t deserve it but all we have to do is repent and believe and we will be with Him for eternity in happiness and contentment, away from hell fire. God wants us all to be with Him in heaven… He loves us Thats why He gave us Himself. .

Ellie

Posted at 9:10 PM on June 29, 2012

Our choices in life have consequences…don’t you think? If you do bad and realize it but you don’t regret it and keep doing it…shouldn’t there be consequences for that? Christianity teaches you the we are not perfect and we don’t have to be…Jesus dies for our imperfections and we should try to do all good things. As i read the bible i see how all that it tell us is for our benefit and ways we could avoid getting hurt. But off course as kids we don’t think of these things, but we live and learn and with Jesus on our side we have the faith that everything will turn out great.

Jay

Posted at 6:55 AM on June 30, 2012

You must have been reading the Old Testament.
I believe that modern day Christians believe in the New Testament. There is no hell there.

lp

Posted at 7:43 AM on June 30, 2012

Christianity does not teach to fear hell….It teaches the truth about creation, life, love and a reverence(fear) of the Lord God Almighty. God is not about hate, He is love, if you read the bible and ask for wisdom and guidence to understand this book, you will be amazed at the truth revealed in it. You should give it a try. You should not condemn this faith based belief unless you understand it and if you truly understood it, you would not condemn it but have revelation to the truth.

Salzy

Posted at 10:17 AM on July 2, 2012

The religious right are the most intolerant, bigoted, haters in this country. So much for their “Christianity”.

AgnesZ

Posted at 12:05 PM on June 30, 2012

Finally, a voice of reason. But then the real meaning of irony is difficult to comprehend and is often mistaken for what is actually coincidence, so I doubt the poster above will grasp what you mean, at all, since it would require an understanding of irony.

bibi

Posted at 7:08 AM on June 30, 2012

Here-here. No church-whatever that uses control should be a part of anyone`s life. Katie is doing what SHE knows is best for her daughter..

Hellbound Alleee

Posted at 12:58 PM on June 30, 2012

Wow. Hell, actually, was introduced in the New Testament. Jesus first taught about it. I’m really surprised at the lack of biblical knowledge among Christians, who are responding with zero information about Scientology.

Of course Katie doesn’t want Suri to be a Scientologist. In the religion, children are considered to be small adults. They are mostly ignored, and the ones whose parents are not celebrities are often separated from their parents. They are discouraged from playtime and any kind of toys. As far as the Scientology mythos, it is weird, sure, but no less unbelievable than talking snakes, flying donkeys, virgin births and scorpions with lions manes and multiple eyes. Stories about clams and volcanoes and DC-9’s and alien spirits are weird, but they don’t have that legitimizing 2000 years of feedback confirmation Christianity does. Strike that 2,000 years. Actually, most of what is believed was created by the medieval church, so take away a thousand or so of those years.

Take it this way: Scientology believes in disembodied spirits telling us what to do. Christianity also believes in disembodies spirits telling us what to do. Scientology believes that we bring iniquity onto ourselves through personal weakness and “crime.” Christianity believes we bring iniquity onto ourselves with personal weakness and sin.

But then again, Scientology has its own prison. If Christianity does, I’d be surprised.

photoshack

Posted at 1:21 PM on June 30, 2012

The scientology reason is good enough, but also wonder if Tom’s bisexual thing was over the top for Katie. How many times do you want to hear about male hookers spilling their guts about their trysts?

Maybe Katie will marry a normal man some day…and good luck with keeping Suri out of his clutches. Sole custody is hard to get when you have a billion dollars to change opinions.

Ted Bougherfield

Posted at 2:42 PM on July 1, 2012

Yes, tom likes cock as much as he likes pussy.

Misty

Posted at 8:24 AM on July 1, 2012

OK a true ChristianITY is really not a religion. It is a relationship with our Lord and Savior. We worship Jesus because all He did for us. We do not live old testament we glean from all the bible. BUT HELL IS REAL AND MENTIONED IN REVELATIONS. I PRAY FOR ALL OF YALL. BECAUSE IF I AM WRONG I HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE BUT IF YOUR WRONG YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO LOOSE.