Savannah Guthrie Named Co-Anchor, 'TODAY' Confirms

Fri, June 29, 2012 1:34pm EDT by 7 Comments
Savannah Guthrie Today Show Anchor

Savannah Guthrie will be the new co-anchor of ‘TODAY’ starting July 9, the show officially announced on June 29.

Just one day after Ann Curry told viewers she was leaving her position as co-anchor, TODAY has named Savannah Guthrie as her replacement.

Guthrie joined the show as the host of the third hour in June 2011 and also contributes as the shows chief legal analyst.

The new TODAY team will include Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker and Natalie Morales and will debut on Monday, July 9th.

What do YOU think about this news, HollywoodLifers?

–Dory Larrabee

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More TODAY News:

1. Ann Curry Announces Leaving ‘Today Show’: ‘Sorry I Can’t Carry Ball Over Finish Line’
  2. Meredith Vieira Denied Offer To Replace Ann Curry On ‘Today Show’?
  3. Ann Curry, You’ve Got Nothing To Apologize For (Re: ‘Today’ Show)

Membership Business Model

Posted at 2:40 PM on June 30, 2012

hello!,I love your writing so much! percentage we communicate extra approximately your post on AOL? I require a specialist on this area to solve my problem. Maybe that is you! Taking a look ahead to look you.

Serena

Posted at 3:05 PM on June 29, 2012

I will not be watching this show anymore. And I used to watch everyday:(

retta l

Posted at 3:00 PM on June 29, 2012

I will not support a station that was so cold hearted to someone that has work for 15 years dedicated to the viewers

Marsha

Posted at 3:00 PM on June 29, 2012

I will not be watching anymore after what they did to Ann Curry.. She was the best thing going for that show. You try to say youre a family, who needs a family like that. Ann go get a job that they will loved you as we do . GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Deborah Mckinzie

Posted at 2:14 PM on June 29, 2012

ABC here I come…..

Deborah Mckinzie

Posted at 2:12 PM on June 29, 2012

This was so wrong

Jenny Najib

Posted at 1:45 PM on June 29, 2012

I personally think what NBC did to Ann was disgusting! It however, should have been Natalie to take over instead of Savannah. Either way, I have no desire to watch that show anymore. Looks like I am not the only one who will be tuning in elsewhere!