Justin Bieber Angrily Cuts Off Interview: Doesn't Want To Talk About One Direction

Fri, June 29, 2012 8:24pm EDT by 134 Comments

Oh no! Justin Bieber gets extremely upset after radio DJ compares him to Justin Timberlake and makes a joke about One Direction and Justin’s mother! Things get really tense and he hangs up the phone — listen to the interview!

Justin Bieber did a very strained interview with Detroit’s 106.7 show, “Mojo in the Morning” today and he ended up hanging up the phone on Mojo! Everything went down after questions involving One Direction and Harry Styles.

The interview with Justin started out friendly and sweet with the DJ complimenting Justin on his charity work and his new Believe album but things got a bit awkward when Mojo tried to give Justin praise on the song “Boyfriend” by saying “I thought it was Justin Timberlake.” Mojo adds, “I hope you take this as a compliment, I really mean it as that.”

But the Biebs was not pleased. “Man that’s crazy ’cause our voices sound nothing alike. I mean, saying I sound like someone else is not really a compliment.

They continue the conversation, speaking about Mariah Yeater and Justin’s song “Maria” and then Mojo brings up One Direction and Justin’s new friendship with the group. Bieber calls them “good kids” and said “They were in town a while ago and came over and stuff,” although he didn’t seem interested in speaking about it.

This is when the interview really started going downhill. “Do you worry about Harry [Styles] being around your mom since it seems like he likes older women?” joked Mojo. “I think you should worry about me around your mom, bro,” snapped Bieber.

“Justin my mom’s dead so unfortunately that wouldn’t work,” revealed the DJ, whose mom is in fact deceased.

At this point Justin hangs up the phone and his rep from the record company comes on and says “Hi so he got a little upset with the question and he probably won’t be coming back.”

The DJ explained to his fans that the reason he asked Justin about Harry Styles and his mom in the first place is because in a recent interview Selena said Justin joked about it since Harry’s known for his taste in older women! So this was actually a joke Justin had apparently made in the first place!

What do you guys think? Do you think Mojo went to far in his questioning or was Justin overreacting in his responses? Let us know in your comments!

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More Justin Bieber:

1. Justin Bieber Surprises Fans With ‘Boyfriend’ Performance After Jay Leno
  2. Justin Bieber Attacks The Paparazzi AGAIN
  3. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Attend ‘Part Of Me’ Premiere Together

eli

Posted at 2:20 PM on July 2, 2012

Mojo’s joke isn’t funny …. and for the directioner from below who said that justin ”has developed way too much of an ego”…imagine that mojo is doing the same joke to you…what would you do then???

#StillTheSameOldKidrauhl

Posted at 12:42 PM on July 2, 2012

You are all acting like lil brats except for the beliebers who commented on here that mojo guy was so rude to justin, would u like it if someone made a bad joke about your mom i know i wouldn’t. Way to go justin #StillTheSameOldKidrauhl if justin doesn’t like to be compared to justin timberlake then don’t compare him

JB

Posted at 5:43 AM on July 2, 2012

i love justin,i can even die for him ,he is always correct . i am the biggest fan of JB…………. have a interesting news about JB just call 9872218329.

FK

Posted at 12:00 AM on July 2, 2012

Ha well done Biebs .I am even more like you right now

yel loves bieber

Posted at 7:58 PM on July 1, 2012

awww SO CUTE JUSTIN!

Aoife

Posted at 6:42 PM on July 1, 2012

I love One Direction, i don’t like or hate Justin Bieber, but now omg since he turned 18 he has developed way too much of an ego. Calling 1D “great kids” when he is younger than all of them. He has turned into such a DIVA. He’s changed, his attitude, his performance, his look, he’s trying to look cooler.I’ve never seen a popstar to change so much for the worst, he was got way too much of an ego and he acts way too much like a diva.Mojo was complimenting him when he said he thought it was Justin Timberlake, because of how mature thvocals sounded. Though personally i think “Boyfriend” is the worst song ever.

Destiny

Posted at 12:38 AM on July 2, 2012

Justin went to far :/

Diana

Posted at 6:06 PM on July 1, 2012

I think he’s just trying to get attention. He’s obviously not as popular as he was before, and it’s hard to go through that fall. I think he should suck it up and just stop. Like the Jonas Brothers or Will Smith. Quit and leave with dignity.

M

Posted at 4:24 PM on July 1, 2012

I think he’s inexperienced about addressing these types of topics since he’s only been in the music industry a few years but I thought it was so rude that he made those comments, he should’ve realized that saying those things was going to make him sound really conceited. but afterwards when mojo and the other guys from that radio station were really critisizing him, and pointing out how they were totally innocent in mentioning these things ‘selena joked about it so I guess its okay for us to do this’andthen critisize him for how he reacted…I mean some of the things they said made sense, like saying how he’s being really serious lately at such a young age and I agree with that somewhat, but it doesn’t mean they should be all out and backfiring not just him, it could be anybody, im pissed with how media reacts.. and btw im not a bieber fan, I’m just neutral. and I really think he does act like a diva these days.

Hannah

Posted at 3:20 PM on July 1, 2012

I love JB (Yep, Belieber here!) and I totally thought he was being rude. He’s definitely changed since the whole Mariah incident. I don’t want to use the word Diva, but….that’s kind of the only word that really fits how Justin has been acting recently :(

Jalen

Posted at 3:01 PM on July 1, 2012

What the hell he should be happy he’s being compared to Justin Timberlake

lol

Posted at 1:58 PM on July 1, 2012

Hi here’s everyone do you worry about Harry being around your mom since it seems like he likes older women?

Would you like to someone makes a creepy joke about your mom ?i’m not so team bieber . Mojo was rude at first

kelsi

Posted at 10:23 AM on July 1, 2012

Beiber is such a little brat. If you can’t handle the heat, get outta the kitchen kid!

Robyn

Posted at 9:16 AM on July 1, 2012

anybody else hear Justin’s phone get a text message? lol

Anna

Posted at 7:09 AM on July 1, 2012

umm, interesting how bieber calls 1D “kids” when he is younger than all of them…

Kayla

Posted at 5:15 PM on July 1, 2012

Ha lol That’s true!!! XD

Ash

Posted at 12:36 AM on July 1, 2012

- Okay, well this sh** is in the past, so just forget about it. All this drama ain’t necessary.

Joan DeCook

Posted at 11:59 PM on June 30, 2012

I think Mojo was terribly rude; I don’t know why the press/paparazzi have to be so darn personal all the time – it is just so out-of-line – If I was famous and reporters/press etc. got personal with me and asked personal questions I would just tell them you aren’t going to be drawn into that kind of interview. Geez he’s just a young kid for goodness sake – I think the media is getting way out of control and he’s an idiot that Mojo.

Michelle

Posted at 11:26 PM on June 30, 2012

1Direction boys are far better than your brat bieber! They look much better, sounds much better, sings much better, and all the 1D boys have gracious attitude.

Elizabeth

Posted at 8:24 PM on June 30, 2012

Ok so I just listened to this and all I have to say is wow, I’m so shocked. I feel like Justin was a little bit rude and unprofessional and I actually agree with Mojo about Justin being so serious about himself these days. It just makes him seem so conceited and a little bit like a douche. I really don’t get why he got mad at being compared to Timberlake, I mean I thought the same thing when I first heard Boyfriend. It’s not a bad thing at all, Timberlake is amazing and it’s just what it reminds people of. I’m sure that if Mojo compared him to Michael Jackson his reaction would totally be different and what’s funny about that is Justin does reference himself to MJ. Please Justin, you’ve been in this industry for only a few years, so I think it’s safe to say to first get on Timberlakes level, then MJ, okay. Also, when he refers to 1D as ‘kids’, c’mon! They’re older than you dude, if I was 1D and I heard this interview, I would actually be kind of pissed at Justin, and he says that they’re ‘friends.’ A true friend doesn’t talk about their friends like that, but I don’t even think they’re that close of friends in all honesty. Justin never really seemed to like them from the beginning and especially now, because of Harry. On that topic, I feel that how he responded to Mojo’s question about Harry was a little rude and again, made him look conceited. I mean, “I think you should worry about me around your mom, bro…” WOW. I mean I must say, Mojo probably could have rephrased the question better to make it sound a bit less harsh, instead of just coming out so blunt like that, but I mean you can’t blame him for asking Justin that because it’s really new news, so of course it’s going to come up. Just like what happened about Mariah Yeater. So yea…these are my thoughts and I feel like Justin may be getting a bit too serious for his age. I think that both Mojo and Justin were rude at some points but, I mean what he’s 18 and he’s such a famous star. I get maybe he has times where he works really hard, but I think at the end of the day he should just really be thankful about what he has, because usually 18 year olds continue studying to get jobs that for sure are harder than Bieber’s current position. Just saying, and I’m a Belieber…

Ashley

Posted at 7:48 PM on June 30, 2012

I don’t hate JB but honestly Justin was acting like a brat. He needs to grow up.

Also you can’t compare 1D to Bieber, they are WAY better than he will ever be.

tin2x

Posted at 7:38 PM on June 30, 2012

it was joke!!!! dj’s r just like that!! justin ur inflammable

Wow

Posted at 5:58 PM on June 30, 2012

Bieber sounded like a whiny douche correcting the DJ, but the DJ guy should have sensed that the stuff about One Direction was off-limits. Still, Bieber’s response and making a mom joke was mind boggling to say the least.

Erika

Posted at 4:55 PM on June 30, 2012

mojo was outta line /

noone should make jokes about someone else’s mopther and id have reacteed the same as justin
and please , leave the guy alone and dont compare him to jt . i was a jt fan and find it stupid that people can not realize that every person has something that makes them unique

savannah

Posted at 4:35 PM on June 30, 2012

All this fame is getting to justin bieber head he thinks hes at the head of the game nd hes not there are thousands of justin biebers so he needs a reality check

Yas

Posted at 4:35 PM on June 30, 2012

um justin timberlake can sing, it is a compliment!!!!! touchy much

Just saying

Posted at 4:27 PM on June 30, 2012

Both were at fautl. Justin was rude, but Mojo kept saying and asking bizarre things. Mojo should have stopped amd Justin should have calmed down.

What I dont get is, if Justin made the joke, why would he get so mad when other referred to it?