Justin Bieber Angrily Cuts Off Interview: Doesn't Want To Talk About One Direction

Fri, June 29, 2012 8:24pm EST by 134 Comments

Oh no! Justin Bieber gets extremely upset after radio DJ compares him to Justin Timberlake and makes a joke about One Direction and Justin’s mother! Things get really tense and he hangs up the phone — listen to the interview!

Justin Bieber did a very strained interview with Detroit’s 106.7 show, “Mojo in the Morning” today and he ended up hanging up the phone on Mojo! Everything went down after questions involving One Direction and Harry Styles.

The interview with Justin started out friendly and sweet with the DJ complimenting Justin on his charity work and his new Believe album but things got a bit awkward when Mojo tried to give Justin praise on the song “Boyfriend” by saying “I thought it was Justin Timberlake.” Mojo adds, “I hope you take this as a compliment, I really mean it as that.”

But the Biebs was not pleased. “Man that’s crazy ’cause our voices sound nothing alike. I mean, saying I sound like someone else is not really a compliment.

They continue the conversation, speaking about Mariah Yeater and Justin’s song “Maria” and then Mojo brings up One Direction and Justin’s new friendship with the group. Bieber calls them “good kids” and said “They were in town a while ago and came over and stuff,” although he didn’t seem interested in speaking about it.

This is when the interview really started going downhill. “Do you worry about Harry [Styles] being around your mom since it seems like he likes older women?” joked Mojo. “I think you should worry about me around your mom, bro,” snapped Bieber.

“Justin my mom’s dead so unfortunately that wouldn’t work,” revealed the DJ, whose mom is in fact deceased.

At this point Justin hangs up the phone and his rep from the record company comes on and says “Hi so he got a little upset with the question and he probably won’t be coming back.”

The DJ explained to his fans that the reason he asked Justin about Harry Styles and his mom in the first place is because in a recent interview Selena said Justin joked about it since Harry’s known for his taste in older women! So this was actually a joke Justin had apparently made in the first place!

What do you guys think? Do you think Mojo went to far in his questioning or was Justin overreacting in his responses? Let us know in your comments!

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More Justin Bieber:

1. Justin Bieber Surprises Fans With ‘Boyfriend’ Performance After Jay Leno
  2. Justin Bieber Attacks The Paparazzi AGAIN
  3. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Attend ‘Part Of Me’ Premiere Together

kerry jonas

Posted at 4:31 AM on July 5, 2014

I was a fan of 1D but after I see how they talk about JB, but now I am not. 1D make funny of JB while JB invite Niall horan to his house & cooked Cuz Niall a fan of JB, right?? So why they do that?? They always talk about 1D !! Or should I say Harry Styles?? Is one direction only include Harry styles?? Every time they talk about 1D they say Harry styles rven the awards they be nominated to it Harry styles be nominated for more than one , why all the talk & comparing him with JB!!! JUSTIN BIEBER CAN’T BE COMPARE TO HARRY STYLES CUZ JUSTIN SING DIFFERENT THAN HARRY & ATTEST JUSTIN HAVE AN AMAZING VOICE NOT LIKE HARRY, HARRY JUST SHOUT WHEN HE SING, HARRY HAVE NO VOICE… ONE DIRECTION SHOULD BE OVER AND 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER SHOULD BE THE BEST BOY BAND IN THE WORLD!! AND ALL OF YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT JUSTIN BIEBER HAVE THE BIGGEST FANS IN THE WORLD AND THERE NAMES ARE ” BELIEBERS ” .

breaking news

Posted at 8:47 AM on February 11, 2013

Im not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information for my mission.

Name

Posted at 7:31 PM on December 14, 2012

When I first heard Boyfriend I thought it was Jessie Mccartney or whatever his name is xD

DONE

Posted at 5:13 PM on November 7, 2012

HARRYS NOT EVEN DATING OLDER WOMEN THESE PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID IM SO DONE

Cande

Posted at 4:54 PM on January 17, 2013

actually he dated a 33 year old woman so get your facts right

ashley

Posted at 5:03 PM on November 7, 2012

I’m not even a Justin Bieber fan by any means, but Mojo is actually a dick. I remember when I watched a One Direction interview and he was being really insensitive and asking personal questions. It’s just how he is.

Haha...Okaaayyy then

Posted at 8:26 AM on November 7, 2012

Okay people…calm your tits. First of all, Justin had major attitude when replying after being compared to Justin Timberlake. For those who are old enough to remember J.T. when he was making albums, they sound alike. It doesn’t necessarily mean a bad thing! It’s a good comparison. They have similar sounds; from the direction Bieber is taking and the sound J.T. had post N’Sync.

Secondly, the Radio host DJ Mojo was referring to the same joke Justin Bieber made about his and Selena Gomez’s moms with 1D. Bieber had joked that they both had to watch out because they had hot, young moms and Harry liked to date older women. Mojo was simply saying the same joke back but Bieber was pissy and acted immature. He needs to remember that interviewers like to screw w heir guests sometimes in order to get newsworthy sound clips.

Some young lady

Posted at 2:47 PM on November 3, 2012

Mojo was just playing around I think Justin was just being a bit senestive. I feel he could of handled that a little more professional he faces haters everyday and he has to learn how to be the bigger man and not lets comments affect him

ysamaha

Posted at 8:25 PM on October 24, 2012

Justin bieber just needs to calm down. if his girlfriend said it and joked about it its fine. Like i love you and all but chill bro.

loveujustin

Posted at 4:03 PM on August 18, 2012

sorry stupit Mojo 106.7 …FIRST OF ALL THIS IS SO STUPID!! WHY WOULD U ASK JUSTIN THAT?! CMON HIS VOICE SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE JT AT F**** AT ALL!! ESPECIALLY THAT STUPID JOKE….GET A LIFE MOJO 106.7…EVERYBODY GETS MAD AND SO DOES JUSTIN GET OVER IT!!

Ryan

Posted at 6:52 AM on August 6, 2012

I’m sorry but this article is nothing but crap ! I’m not a Justin Bieber fan and I know none of his music but my wife said he was going through this drama so I thought I’d check it out. This radio host and station and the article headlines are nothing but utter garbage. From a non biased position, the radio host made a dick move with his comment regarding his dead mother and told Justin “this is where the interview goes south.” Justin then hangs up. Wouldn’t you ?? I know I would. The article refers to Justin not dealing with the “Justin Timberlake” reference, when in fact he dealt with it in a completely professional, and in my opinion, honest answer regarding his opinion to the question. If there’s ever an example where headlines are misleading this is the article to read. I never thought I would find myself defending Justin Bieber however here I am. For those who are in doubt, listen to the broadcast again and try to be non biased, I think you’ll agree. This radio station station should be ashamed of the negative press they’ve caused this artist.

natalie

Posted at 8:24 AM on August 4, 2012

its funny that 1D are older than Justin but he calls them “good kids”…

amera

Posted at 5:55 PM on August 1, 2012

Justin sounds nothing like JT just leave him alone they totally emmbarresed him,,

iloveujustin

Posted at 4:06 PM on August 18, 2012

the fact that they make him look like a bad guy .

BieberFever;) MeganC (@SwaggerMegan)

Posted at 10:22 PM on July 31, 2012

You guys need to just leave Justin bieber alone

sydney

Posted at 9:49 PM on July 10, 2012

i think justin over reacted…. i mean alot of people thought boyfriend was sang by JT i bet a lot of people defending justin thought that….. because his voice is changing and it was such a big change and he also changed his style he….and i think he just didnt know how to respond to the “justin my moms dead” and he did over react he was joking along with them untill that point

georgia

Posted at 6:14 PM on July 9, 2012

The Dj said many stupid things in here! Starting talking about his voice sure its not a really nice thing..and then about 1D..well whatever if they are friends or no they are different! and the part with mom..sorry but rude! saying something like that about his mom made him hang up! Im sure he didnt hear the part: ‘ my mom is dead’..i think he hanged up before the dj said about his mom!

amber.williams

Posted at 2:21 PM on July 5, 2012

The question that the radio man said was completly harsh,of course he wasnt gunna react well to that,people take justin as a joke and he isnt a joke he is just like us you should treat him the same and even sayign that about harry was out of order..im glad justin hung up that radio station presenter is rubbish!!

Melissa

Posted at 4:17 PM on July 3, 2012

One direction is my life idk why he doesnt wanna talk about the, hes obviously jealous of them. he called them ”good kids” although theyre all older then him.

anonymous

Posted at 5:05 AM on July 4, 2012

well… if i an artist too, i dun wan 2 be compared 2 other artist bcus i wan 2 be known 4 my own… n for him calling their ‘kids’ is common now… well.. u also call older people wif kids.. believe me…in school, i’ve heard the kids call older people as kids 2.. dont just be innocent about all dis thing..

anonymous

Posted at 1:28 AM on July 10, 2012

Exactly!!!!!!

random blieber

Posted at 11:02 PM on September 25, 2012

why would he be jealous of them it was probably -_-‘

mima

Posted at 1:30 PM on July 3, 2012

I also compared him with Justin Timberlake because it is true he sounds like him … such a stupid reaction from the begining of the interview JT is a great singer and performer JB should be honored of being compared to him!!!!

sofia

Posted at 5:48 AM on July 3, 2012

#TEAMBIEBER u should respact justin..dont try to make beliebers hate on him cuz u never gonna achieve it

belieber4eva525

Posted at 9:49 PM on July 2, 2012

do they really think Justins gonna call them back after they made so much fun of him!??? freakin idiots…

belieber4eva525

Posted at 9:38 PM on July 2, 2012

tht was the freakin stupidest joke ever, y the heck would he tlk bout Harry and his mom together…really??

Gabby

Posted at 6:54 PM on July 2, 2012

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot to mention so much!!! :) So anyways, the whole “One Direction are great kids thing” was just so… How do I phrase this? :/ Confusing maybe; Well, we have to first consider the fact that Justin himself is in fact a kid, and almost (I’m not exactly sure about all of them) all of One Direction are older than him. Poor Justin, trying to act like the adult when he’s the young kid being WAY too much of a diva/ego freak and so uptight. Live a little, understand jokes, don’t take everything so personal!!! SHEESH! Oh, and also how he hung up!!! (That’s some funny stuff;) So, in the mind of the “Biebs”, when one does not know how to respond to an ironic coincidence, you should just: HANG UP! Way to go Justin, that made the interview SO much more entertaining… And also how he was giggling about his little joke, and then he stopped and hung up. #Priceless

Gabby

Posted at 6:43 PM on July 2, 2012

THAT WAS SO FREAKING HILARIOUS!!! Whoo, let me catch my breath for a second… :) First off, jeez Justin, take a chill pill! If your girlfriend is fine discussing such an unimportant topic, why can’t you? You were the one getting all defensive and making the retarded joke; how could the radio guy affend you when you were the one making a weird joke about his mom.? Let alone, the Justin Timberlake thing… I absolutely love Justin Timberlake, and for you to even get a HINT of sounding like him??? (Ahem, you should be happy that you could get compared to him) And like I said before on another article, you are a completely different person!!! Super duper rude!!!!!!! Nice going Justin, I’m pretty sure a “mom joke” is the least you can handle… #AnnoyingRudePeople