Did Arie Luyendyk Jr. Reveal He's Engaged To 'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard?

Thu, June 28, 2012 4:57pm EST by 15 Comments
Emily Maynard Engaged

Plus, front-runner Jef Holm’s reaction to the engagement news. Read on for more details!

Uh oh! Race car driver and Bachelorette finalist Arie Luyendyk Jr. may have slipped about a potential engagement to Emily Maynard.

During a conference call with reporters, Arie was asked if he would be the next Bachelor if he doesn’t win the Bachelorette — and his response threw everyone off-guard.

“Well, you know my fiance might not approve of that. No, I’m just joking I mean,” he said. “No, I said, you know, basically it’s hilarious because I know that’s a hot topic right now but, you know, who knows what happens and if I am engaged to Emily, I don’t think it would be possible for me to become the next Bachelor.”

Hmm! It sounds like he totally slipped! Am I right?

In another interview with reporters, Jef Holm was questioned about Arie’s potential engagement and his response was even MORE suspicious.

“I don’t know if he’s engaged or not. If he is, that’s awesome. And I’m pretty confident that he’ll invite me to the wedding, I hope. So, but I don’t know that I’m. I didn’t. I am not sure if he is. And if he is, you know, congratulations to him,” Jef said.

Jef began to stumble on his words though when he was asked if he would go to the wedding if Arie’s “fiance” is Emily.

“Man, that’s a touch question actually. I don’t – I don’t know if I – I don’t know if – I don’t. I know for a fact it wouldn’t be awkward between Arie and I if I was invited to the – to the wedding. But, I would worry about if it would be OK with Emily if I was there,” he said. “You know, because we had something completely different than anything she had – anything she had with any of the other guys. And it was really special. But, I would want to be there, you know, because I love and care about Emily. And I love and care about Arie. I think he’s great. So, I would hope that I would be invited.”

Yikes! It sounds like maybe Emily does end up with Arie after all?

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers?

More ‘Bachelorette’ News:

1. Is Emily Maynard Engaged To Jef Holm?
  2. ‘Bachelorette’ Emily Maynard Betrayed By Her Fiancé?
  3. Is Emily Maynard Choosing Fame Over Her Daughter?

Jeannie

Posted at 8:27 PM on July 10, 2012

I crossed Ari off the list the minute his mother spoke with him about Emily in Dutch. It was total lack of respect for his mother to do that. If Emily marries him it will happen again and again. Absolutely a very rude thing to do the first time you meet your son’s girlfriend.

Monika

Posted at 3:25 AM on July 10, 2012

I really hope it will be Arie at the end. They love each other and Emily should follow her heart. I don’t see her with Jef at all. Jef looks very young, like her younger brother, there is no romantic connection between them. If Reality Steve is right and Jef is last man standing, I will be very disappointed…

Ana

Posted at 1:03 AM on July 6, 2012

If arie saying what you think Emily wants to hear then why is he telling his father he’s ready to marry her. I’m pretty good judge of character and feel jef is totally telling her eveything she wants to hear that letter please so scripted!! And he’s great friends with Michele money’s brother all for his water company attention to be on the show. Least arie is already famous he doesn’t need the celebrity status like most people go on the show for. He’s most genuine of them all.

Ana

Posted at 12:56 AM on July 6, 2012

I think it is Arie!:) some slip ups and jef twitting he loves some other girl yep this articles seems jef not it either. Plus arie tweeted instragram if looks like him, Emily and ricki at the beach far away but image looks like them. I think arie and em meant to be. Steve the one who bailed on show your lost is Arie’s gain heard he was cast last minute probably for your spot! Meant to be!:)

Alison

Posted at 2:32 AM on July 3, 2012

Um, I reallly hope this is true. I am realllly rooting for Arie, they are adorable. Arie is so sexy. I love just the way he acts, it’s so sweet.

Steve

Posted at 6:20 PM on June 29, 2012

Please tell Emily that I should be her husband– I was picked to be on the show and I bailed– I am truly regretting it…. I want to show her that I’m her man- I can guarantee that we’re ment to be

LIsa

Posted at 1:14 PM on June 29, 2012

I sure hope it’s not Arie. If it is….what a waste of a season. I find him a bit gross. And he will do/say anything he thinks Emily want to hear. Plus how do you not mention that you knew the producer?? Ewwww…………

Jenna

Posted at 11:37 AM on June 29, 2012

Sounds like a total slip to me. Fingers crossed that it really is Arie!

Thuy

Posted at 7:13 PM on June 28, 2012

I really really hope it is Jef, he is the best choice for Ricky and if Emily thinks Arie is, I don’t know what to say.

Lisa

Posted at 1:15 PM on June 29, 2012

Hoping for Jef or Sean!! Please no Arie!!

Jina

Posted at 6:18 PM on June 28, 2012

Probsbly just a way to throw people off, it won’t be arie trust me!

J

Posted at 2:23 AM on July 3, 2012

What proof do you have that it’s NOT Arie? His feelings seem genuine and I think they would be great together!

Marcia

Posted at 9:43 AM on July 8, 2012

It should totally be ARIE!!! He is sweet, gracious, attentive, handsome, sophisticated and caring. Jef is such a “show-off” and I can tell loves to be the “center of attention.” His playfulness may seem cute now, but wait until you live with someone like that. This “man-child” should wait a few more years before he ties the knot with anyone. He needs time to grow up. His “Justin Bieber” antics are a real turn-off to me. Just my opinion.

Gia

Posted at 11:56 AM on July 10, 2012

Sean my was choice. Emily and Rickie would have fit in perfectly. They even look like they are related. Sean’s family also has children around Rickie’s age. It would have been an all around win.

CoffeeJones

Posted at 2:16 PM on July 11, 2012

Emily is gonna pick Jef. Arie is still living the bachelor life, not getting up til 9am, traveling the world racing,… do you honestly think that he wants to settle down with a child? Also, have you noticed that Emily and Arie can’t stop sucking face for more than 10 seconds to have a meaningful conversation? Arie is the one night stand guy and Jef is the marriage guy. Sean was the best choice in my opinion. Great family with an awesome sense of humor, no weirdness, stand-up guy. And Emily couldn’t really think of why she got rid of him. Oh well, I’m sure Jef was able to breathe a little easier when Sean was eliminated. You know all of those guys know each other pretty well.