Chuck & Blair To Marry On 'Gossip Girl'?

Wed, June 27, 2012 2:37pm EDT by 45 Comments
Chuck and Blair Wedding

It’s been a hot summer on the Upper East Side, but rumors are swirling around that it’s going to be an even hotter fall!

Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Blair (Leighton Meester) finally have the chance to be together forever — or so it seemed at the end of the season five finale.

And after reading our sister site TVline.com’s blind item, I think Gossip Girl writers might actually give #Chair fans what they’ve wanted all along:  Chuck and Blair happily together.

According to TVLine.com: “a primetime soap that, although popular, came this close to getting the axe at season’s end — and just when a pair of its well-liked lovebirds were heading for a reunion, too. Now I hear that, when the show returns this fall, it’ll pick up right where it left off and pleasantly surprise fans by immediately marrying off the star-crossed couple in question.”

Let’s break this cryptic message down. Unfortunately, Gossip Girl was on the chopping block and reportedly almost got the boot after its fifth season, but ended up getting half of a sixth season. The season five finale left Chuck and Blair, the favored couple, in the perfect place for a romantic Parisian reunion and it wouldn’t be surprising — in typical GG fashion — to elope these lovebirds right away.

Now if Chuck and Blair get married on the season six premiere, does that mean we can expect a baby by the series finale? Hmm!

What do you think, HollywoodLife-Gossipers? Sound off in your comments below!

XOXO

– Nicole Karlis

More Gossip Girl News:

1. Leighton Meester’s Tie-Dye Dress–Is It Lovely Or Too Loud?
  2. Chuck & Blair Win Our 25 Hottest TV Couples Tournament
  3. Damon & Elena Vs. Chuck & Blair: The Season’s Hottest TV Couples

L. E.

Posted at 10:45 AM on June 28, 2012

S6 is the Year of our CHAIRYTALE!!! CHAIR=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!!

Mary

Posted at 10:39 AM on June 28, 2012

Bring it on….CHAIR 4 LIFE!!!

Steph

Posted at 6:59 AM on June 28, 2012

Im’ sorry but if we don’t get to see Chuck propose and the whole wedding, it’s not worth it. Chair fans deserve more than this ! A wedding in season premiere is ridiculous ! Their wedding should have been 6×07 or the season finale. I’m so mad right now. I feel betrayed by the writer once again.

summer莫奈

Posted at 6:32 AM on June 28, 2012

期待Blair & Chuck

Marco

Posted at 4:56 AM on June 28, 2012

I reckon this season should be about the NJBC :) like badly about them ….

emily

Posted at 4:42 AM on June 28, 2012

Don’t get me wrong i am a CB fan but please a “wedding”? they ruined this SL last season; instead of plannning a big wedding for chuck and blair they did it with a guest star; we deserved more than that as fans who waited five years.Anyway they ruined this show last year now everything they will do will be ridiculous.

Kath

Posted at 3:45 AM on June 28, 2012

They deserve to be together.. but a wedding is sooooo boring! Two weddings in least than 1 year for Blair ?
This is an horrible storyline !

Donna

Posted at 1:25 AM on June 28, 2012

I want them get married but i wanna see everything lol

TRose

Posted at 10:14 PM on June 27, 2012

YES! That would be SO VERY wonderful… especially because it is a short season!

gabriella

Posted at 7:30 PM on June 27, 2012

I hope they do this, and fast. So that the rest of the final season can be about the NJBC. Gossip Girl has been on a downward spiral since season 3.

Ath

Posted at 8:00 AM on July 2, 2012

Perfectly agreed.

sarah

Posted at 6:49 PM on June 27, 2012

I hope it’s chuck and blair after the disaster season 5 was; i really hope that the writers will fix the damage they have to the show and their characters but i only care about chuck’s happiness now; he is the only character i love in the show

Erica

Posted at 6:36 PM on June 27, 2012

I heard it might be Private Practice too, but I dunno, I’ve never seen that show. Fingers crossed for Chuck and Blair though!

Chris

Posted at 4:24 PM on June 27, 2012

Awww my heart melted reading this,especially the baby sentence. We just want Chuck and Blair to finally be happy!!
Thank you Nicole!

Brii

Posted at 4:07 PM on June 27, 2012

Im an avid Chair shipper but there was one other show that was also on the chopping block and that was “Fringe” and it also got a 13 eps final season…soooo I will just sit back and wait for the big reveal. Either way whether its Peter and Olivia or Chuck and Blair I will be happy.

“Finger Cross” that it’s Chuck and Blair tho…S5 was bad for us….this will be redeem GG big time.

Sarah

Posted at 3:55 PM on June 27, 2012

Ohhh I wish that happen soon!! (:

christiana

Posted at 3:50 PM on June 27, 2012

I hope so much:)

Jackie

Posted at 3:30 PM on June 27, 2012

Yes they’re getting married, it’s about time.

layla

Posted at 3:22 PM on June 27, 2012

Finally!! They belong together!! xo Hottest couple. NO ONE compares to them!

Joanna

Posted at 3:22 PM on June 27, 2012

Thanks for the article! No matter how many times I read about the possibility of Chuck and Blair getting married, it always makes my black, cynical heart dance with joy and sing Hallelujah. We are due to our happy ending and it seems we are getting it. *squeals* And to answer your question, lovely Nicole, yes to a series finale baby. So let the baby making begin!

Andrea

Posted at 3:22 PM on June 27, 2012

I definitely think they’re getting married! Chuck’s been ready to marry her for over two years now and Blair is “all in.” Let’s take it to the next level and make room for #Chair babies!

AJA

Posted at 3:10 PM on June 27, 2012

They’re getting married for sure! I’m glad it’s at the beginning of the season, what’s the point of waiting? We all know they’re meant to be!

sarah l

Posted at 3:04 PM on June 27, 2012

I hope so because I want to see her pregnant with Chuck’s child soon. They belong together

Laura

Posted at 2:50 PM on June 27, 2012

My spec: Chuck and Blair get married partly to help him in a scheme against Bart :) So excited. The wedding foreshadowing is off the map for these two!

Meg

Posted at 2:49 PM on June 27, 2012

I want Chuck and Blair to get married!

Olivia

Posted at 2:47 PM on June 27, 2012

Oh, I hope so! I love Chair :)