Catelynn Lowell Pregnancy Hoax: Betrayed By Her Own Mother — Report

Wed, June 27, 2012 6:25pm EDT by 38 Comments
Catelynn Lowell Pregnant

Catelynn sets the record straight after ‘In Touch’ falsely declared she was pregnant. Their new cover says Catelynn’s own mother, April, had forged pregnancy verification documents because she was desperate for money!

In this week’s In Touch cover story, bubbly Teen Mom star Catelynn Lowell said pointe blank that her estranged mother April Baltierra straight up lied about her daughter’s pregnancy for money!

“My mom lied. I think it’s because she has no money…so she’s trying to sell her daughter,” said Catelynn, 20, to the magazine. “I love my mom, but it’s frustrating.”

Her fiancé Tyler Baltierra, 20, even added that they feel “violated” and are “shocked that she would go to this length.”

The story goes that April, 39, had told In Touch in early June that Catelynn was pregnant and provided a fake confirmed pregnancy document from a local doctor. She had arranged for “friend” Jamie Pyrezewski to tell the magazine that on the record that Catelynn was “beyond bliss” and “couldn’t wait to hear [the baby's] heartbeat.”

The report continues that April had even called In Touch and faked Catelynn’s voice on the phone to confirm details of the baby — turns out it was all an orchestrated hoax!

Even though Catelynn has gone on the record that she is not withchild and doesn’t plan to have a baby for years, the report says April still insists that her daughter is pregnant.

Are you shocked by April’s behavior, HollyMoms?

– Lorraine Chow

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More on the Catelynn Lowell pregnant rumors:

1. Catelynn Lowell: Being Pregnant Again Would Make Me A ‘Miserable Wreck’
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Catelynn Lowell: Waiting To Have Kids Is A Great Decision, Experts Say
  3. Is ‘Teen Mom’ Star Catelynn Lowell Pregnant Again?

Jwls

Posted at 7:43 AM on September 9, 2012

I have to say whenever someone says something about not getting married until after college and is very persistent about it but then a rumor comes out she is pregnant and they are now talking about getting married seems a little suspect; however, they did say a year so we will see but April isn’t the first relative to throw a relative under the bus for $$$$ ching ching (uh Theresa to name ONE) so is this really news – personally I believe the end is near and they are all grasping for a way to continue their 15 mins of fame including Ty and Catelyn because why now are they announcing the date – Tyler changing his mind just in time for the end of Teen finale ? Come on lets face it he is trying to get that wedding on air and paid for so is he in the right – don’t throw stones at April – at least we know she is just a mess trying to make it

julie

Posted at 7:26 PM on August 20, 2012

If I was both of them I would press charges on April thats wrong what she did end of story

stevie

Posted at 3:33 PM on July 8, 2012

i adore Catelynn and Tyler. My husband and i have been married for 10 yrs- he actually watched a couple of the episodes with me that featured them, and he and i both agree that they really have a chance. Their friendship and maturity, for all they have gone through, are good indicators that they have the makings of a solid marriage. Good luck to them both, they deserve a life of happiness!

Destiny

Posted at 9:12 PM on July 5, 2012

OMG thats crazy about her mom saying she was pergneant again when shes not her mom should of just said that she was pergnant but i guess yea i would know that she would cuz her daugther is on teen mom and she has had a kid and if people thought she was having another kid and would let her have more money coming in and her mom was thinking that catelynn would give her some money maybe if it was a lot of money then she would prob………..

katie

Posted at 10:59 AM on July 2, 2012

So catelynn is getting married 2 her step brother! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Wtf

truesuccess

Posted at 2:45 PM on July 3, 2012

catelynn and tyler were together before April, Catelynn’s mom, and Butch, tylers dad.

Meip

Posted at 9:03 AM on July 2, 2012

Her mom and fiancé are related?

toostupid

Posted at 10:32 AM on July 3, 2012

Kind of…she’s married to Tyler’s Dad and they have a son together. It’s all very much so trailer park white trash.

t

Posted at 2:40 PM on July 10, 2012

no they dont have a son together. the little blond boy is not butch’s son but he is aprils

Judge Mental

Posted at 7:47 PM on June 29, 2012

Yeah I’m judgemental! No I don’t care! None of it’s real anyway.

RealMature

Posted at 7:45 PM on June 29, 2012

OMG! If she was strong, she would have cut those apron strings a long time ago. And … if she was mature, she wouldn’t have had premarital sex, especially at such a young age, unprotected, might i add, then given the baby up for adoption. Sh-yeah right, reeeaaaaaallllllllllll strong and mature there! Bwahahahaha! It takes a strong and mature person to know she’s not strong or mature enough to have unprotected sex so young in the first place. Get real people!

Aida V

Posted at 10:59 PM on July 4, 2012

RealMature, I don’t usually comment to anything that I read online because to me most of what I read are comments made by people who are ignorant, uneducated and have absolutely NO common sense you know, people like you!!! I don’t know if you are male or female, gay or straight or how old you are, but you and I know that they most couples now a days live together before they get married, and having sex protected and unprotected. I would put money on the table that you are not only immature, you’re probably weak and have had unprotected sex and not married. The person who needs to get real is you. I think Catelyn and Tyler are so much stronger and smarter and more mature then you will ever be, and for the record NO I don’t know either one of them. It makes me angry to see or hear people making remarks like the ones that were made by you and people like you. Catelyn and Tyler loved their daughter so much and wanted her to have a better life then either one of them had so they chose to put her up for adoption, by doing that they were allowed to find two people who were’nt able to have children of their own, and gave her two parents who will love her and give her everything she will ever want and need, and the best part about that is they get to love her from a distance and watch her grow up. And when the time is right they (all four of her parents) will tell her the beautiful story about how her birth parents were so young, and they Loved her so much and wanted her to have everything they could’nt give her so her Mom & Dad adopted her, but they have always loved her from a distance. I hope that you open your eyes and get a clue and realize that what they did was not only probably the hardest thing they will ever do, but it was the smartest and best thing they could have ever done for their daughter Carly. This is for Catelyn and Tyler, stay strong and know that there’s people out here the world that support you, and respect what you did mainly for Carly, but also for yourselves, and when the time is right the Lord will Bless You with a child and I know that you both will love that child and that child will love you back whole heart and soul. Take Care and God Bless You both. P.S. Carly I know that you probably wish you could have a mother that you could talk to, well I know that I’m not your mom, and we don’t even know each other, but I’m available for you if you need a mom to talk to. I do have a 29 year old daughter and a 15 & 18 year old son, and I have 4 grandkids. You can find me on Facebook my name is Aida V and I grew up in Bell, Ca. my birthday is in June.

Kitty

Posted at 7:55 PM on August 29, 2012

Nice comment but really its not because they had sex and had a kid its because they are using her to make money on tv and all they talk a bout is Carly this and it’s also the fact that they use here on tv to make money it’s sad and yes giving her up was very smart thing its just they are fake and act like they know every thing when they are still kids themselves well not now but doing that were trying to grow up to fast and they didn’t have to it just seems like they are trying to keep up with the other teen moms and are hung up on themselves like they are so superior and smart but in the end they are just a another statistic they are no better i just wish they take them of of teen mom all they do is revolve there life around what they did and its stupid

Chelsea

Posted at 2:29 PM on July 9, 2012

You must be perfect and have never made a mistake in your life, right? I was adopted and had it not been for my young parents’ decision to give me up when I was an infant, my life would be MUCH different. I am eternally grateful to them, both for having me and for giving me the opportunity for a better life. Catelynn and Tyler had sex too young, yes. They were and are still kids. But the decisions they have made after that initial mistake have shown growth and bravery, love and maturity. You are judgmental and rude, and probably so ugly that no one would want to have sex with you, unprotected or otherwise.

Melissa

Posted at 6:41 PM on June 29, 2012

Keep your chin up, Catelynn. You and Tyler are so strong and mature!

GrassyAss

Posted at 11:40 AM on June 29, 2012

Hey, stop removing Pissymists’s comments! LOL These reality TV shows are rigged people! Nothing on TV is true, not reality TV, not soap operas, not sitcoms, and especially NOT infomercials! (Think Ginsu knives — and thank gawd the creator kicked the bucket!) But wait, there’s more… ;-) Catelynn’s mother is a poopoo head and guess what? The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, Isaac — Catelynn’s no better than her mother because getting yourself knocked up for ratings and giving your baby up for adoption, then staying close to your money grubbing mother when obviously she needs professional help makes Catelynn just as bad as her mother, if not worse even! Y’all ain’t seein’ the BIG picture here. Chop some of those trees down — there’s a whole forest out there *jeez*! And another thing, Miss Bonnie Fuller — this is the USA where I am FREE to say whatever I want. By removing my comments you’re denying me my rights! That’s called censorship, biatch! You won’t lose your precious “job” if someone reads my post. Relax woman, ain’t no one here gonna give up their reality TV for reality *rolling eyes*! :-P

TheAverIn

Posted at 7:31 PM on August 20, 2012

Lol i like you, your blunt and to the point. :)

macie

Posted at 5:48 AM on June 29, 2012

I really hope Tyler and Catelynn can fully separate themselves from their parents. Just because you come from trash doesn’t mean you are destined to be trash. They can break the cycle of poverty, ignorance, drugs, abuse and poor education. As an adopted child, I commend them for giving their child a better life and a chance to be loved and raised by a family who deserves a child.

jessi

Posted at 3:56 PM on June 28, 2012

I don’t understand. If it was a hoax conjured up by April, then how did the magazine get their pregnancy cover photo of catelynn and Tyler? Doesn’t make any kind of sense to me. Something seems fishy about it all.

faith

Posted at 1:56 AM on June 29, 2012

Well that’s easy.April could have gotten that picture from anywhere and given it to the tabloids. She is that girls mother.

Grey

Posted at 4:56 PM on July 1, 2012

It was obviously a posed professional photo.

Pissymist

Posted at 2:45 PM on June 28, 2012

Cool, my original comment is back! Awwwww, did ya have a change of ,3 Bonnie? LOL

Pissymist

Posted at 2:47 PM on June 28, 2012

Oops, make that <3 and not " ,3 " . Heh. :-D

Lori

Posted at 12:39 AM on June 28, 2012

Oh man do I hate catelynn’s mom! I always have ever since I very first saw catelynn’ and tyler’s 16 and pregnant episode! She is a piece of garbage and I completely agree that cattelyn is one of the sweetest girls and I know it’s her mom but she needs to just cut her out of her life completely that money hungry, drug addict piece of trash!

Amber

Posted at 3:36 AM on June 28, 2012

I hate Catelynns mom too!! She obviously is money hungry.. and she does look like a drug addict… I wouldn’t be surprised if Tylers dad and Catelynns mom didn’t do drugs together!! What a sick woman for lying about Catelynn being pregnant again for a story to get money!! GO GET A JOB April!!! I still don’t understand why Catelynn and Tyler are still on the show tho… I mean they gave up their daughter for adoption.. they see her what every 6 months to a year…. I’m happy they are doing well but their lives are totally different from what the show is about!! All their part in the show is about the drama they go through with their day to day lives and the day to day lives of Butch and April!!

truesucess

Posted at 11:53 AM on June 28, 2012

Opinion : Catelynn and Tyler are on the show to show other teen mom’s / parents, and couples that adoption is an option, and although it’s a hard decision, good things will happen. Catleynn and Tyler are still teen parents, eventhough they don’t physically take care of Carly

Rusty Shackleford

Posted at 1:13 PM on June 28, 2012

I hope Butch gets his own spinoff show, that would be awesome to follow him around for a day.

Annie

Posted at 11:12 PM on June 27, 2012

It’s amazing how she goes back, and talks to her mother.
Caitlynn is a very sweet girl. Hard to believe she came from April.
I knew from the moment in 16 and Pregnant when Caitlynn made the adult decision to put Carly in adoption, and her April threw a fit about it/teased Caitlynn for it that Caitlynn was a wonderful person.
She forgives her mother for everything, and yet April still does stuff that a mother should not do to their doughtier.
Caitlynn, you need to get away from her! I know you love your mom, but really you deserve so much better than the way she treats you.

truesuccess

Posted at 6:39 PM on June 27, 2012

Actually I’ve watrched every single episode of teen mom, and I’m sorry you don’t agree with me … Don’t all parents want the best for their children, to have a better life then they do themselves … Catelynn and Tlyer placed Carly up for adoption because they wanted a better life for Carly , which at the time they were unable to provide because of the fact they were still in school, and neither of their households was in any condition to raise a baby. , as Catelynn said ” I’m a kid myself , how am I supposted to raise a kid”? something along those lines. As far as April, she claims how she is so proud of her , well do this isnt showing it , it seems to me like a stab in the back . Catelynn is headed down the RIGHT path ( Graduating High School, Getting Jobs ( her and tyler both) , having their own place, and having started college. April needs to back of let her go she has a bright future ahead of her !

Nene

Posted at 4:53 PM on June 27, 2012

Why would she do this??? I mean I love teen mom and I watch it all the time and I know that catelynn and Tyler fight with April but why would she go through all of that just to get money?!?! April you need to get your self together and leave them alone

Elly May

Posted at 2:18 PM on June 27, 2012

Catelynn, come clean and admit that you’re knocked up again. If your mom says you’re pregnant, you must be pregnant. Why would she lie?

Holliday

Posted at 3:36 PM on June 27, 2012

Clearly you haven’t watched a single episode of Teen Mom

BayleesMommy1

Posted at 4:19 PM on June 27, 2012

Wowwww obvi u don’t watch teen mom at all….

truesuccess

Posted at 6:41 PM on June 27, 2012

money maybe ??

jessie

Posted at 7:04 AM on June 30, 2012

Watch the god damn show and then talk.

truesuccess

Posted at 12:36 PM on June 27, 2012

I feel so bad for catelynn. She has come so far since discovering in 2009 that she was pregnant and then placing her baby up for adoption, getting jobs both catelynn and tyler, to graduating high school and have plans for college , Leave her alone April, she is headed down the RIGHT path. April claims how she is so proud of catelynn and everthing, but then turns around and does this, it seems to me like a true stab in the back . BEST WISHES TO YOU !!!

Katie

Posted at 12:23 PM on June 27, 2012

Mother clearly looks like a drug addict and she always acted mean to her daughter. It is amazing that Catelynn is still so sweet and grounded.

disco