'Sister Wives' Teens Reveal: We Don't Want To Be Polygamists — Hooray

Mon, June 25, 2012 7:04pm EDT by 18 Comments
Sister Wives Kody Brown Children

Don’t read this Kody Brown. You and your four sister wives will be disappointed that despite your example, most of your teens including oldest sons Logan and Hunter have no intention of being polygamists too.

I have to hand it to Kody Brown and his four sister wives. Despite their devotion to a polygamous marriage and lifestyle, they don’t want to try and force their 17 children into plural marriages like theirs.

“They have to make their own decisions,” explains Kody. “but I have to push them the way I think “, he said in the latest episode of Sister Wives on June 24.

Well, that’s good because Kody’s teens clearly love their gigantic family, four moms and their dad and if any of their parents tried to force polygamy down their throats, that would only alienate Logan, 18, Hunter, 15, Madison, 16, Aspyn, 17, and Mariah, 17.

“From my point of view I had a great childhood and polygamy can be good… but I have no spiritual testimony of it or logical explanation to do it,” admitted oldest son Logan with wife #2 Janelle, on the Sister Wives Tell-All special last night, June 24.

Hunter, second oldest son of Janelle, meanwhile, flat out announced that “I don’t plan on having more than one wife — there’s too much drama.”

Madison, Janelle’s older daughter, also is firmly against polygamy for herself. “You have to be cut out for this life-style and I’m very opinionated. My husband is going to have a lot to handle, just with me,” she laughed.

Only first wife Meri‘s daughter, Mariah, is looking forward to becoming a sister wife. “I love how my mom and dad work together – they’re good friends,” she explains, acknowledging that there is definitely jealousy between sister wives. “It’s something I’ll have to deal with,” she acknowledged.

Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn, shouldn’t take their kids disinterest too hard, though. Their teenagers are impressively good kids: loving, concerned about their siblings, helpful with their younger siblings and remarkably normal and well-adjusted, despite the fact that they are often viewed as curiosities by their peers.

The Brown teenagers laughingly revealed that they were called “The Cullens” by schoolmates in Las Vegas when they first arrived at their new school after they moved from Utah, because they stuck together until they had adjusted to their new situation.

Somehow, despite having 17 children to parent, Kody, along with his four wives, has done an admirable job of raising responsible, caring young adults.

Logan takes his role as the oldest brother seriously. “Some of my siblings and my mothers, really want me to be around as the older brother figure,” he explains, while discussing his college options.

And they do. His siblings actually beg him to go to college in Las Vegas, at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Madison plaintively insists: “My life will end without him (Logan). He’s my best friend.”

As a parent you can’t hope for anything more than that — that your children love each other so much that they consider each other best friends and that they love their family.

Kody may not be raising a new generation of polygamists but he encouraged Logan to go to college in the more diverse environment of Las Vegas, rather than Utah — and he got what he wanted.

Logan, after wrestling with a tough decision about college , ultimately decided to stay close to home and family  and WILL attend university in diverse Vegas.

So even if he turns his back on polygamy, Logan and his teen siblings will never turn their backs on their unusual but very loving family.

Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn — you should be beaming with pride! What do you think Hollymoms and Hollywoodlifers – are the Browns good parents?

Bonnie Fuller

More Sister Wives

1. Sister Wives Go On Attack & Meri Cries Over Janelle’s Cruelty
  2. ‘Sister Wives Tell-All’: Robyn Is OK If Kody Brown Takes A Fifth Wife
  3. Sister Wives Preview: Kody Brown – I Did Not Choose Religion To Be A Womanizer

kat

Posted at 1:39 AM on September 10, 2013

This polygamist mess would only be fair if each of the wives is allowed to have a Sancho on the side.

sua ong chua

Posted at 3:34 AM on August 3, 2013

The developing larvae in the bee hive use Royal jelly as primary
source of food while they are in the developmental stage. Scroll down to credits to learn
more about Terracotta half-life. Anorexia and the bulimia
are primarily psychological disorders that stem from a distorted understanding of
a wide range of social influences that demand women to be thin and
look like supermodels.

If you dont mind, where do you host your site? I am looking for a great host and your web site seams to be extremely fast and up most the time

hate husband and marriage

Posted at 3:03 AM on March 7, 2013

I have to say that for the last few of hours i have been hooked by the impressive articles on this website. Keep up the good work.

Terry

Posted at 8:39 PM on November 18, 2012

I love the show. What makes my lifestyle in a. Monogamous relationship better or worst than their polygamist lifestyle? I say as long as u r a good person and don’t hurt others so be it. Mind ur business be happy

Linda

Posted at 10:10 PM on November 6, 2012

I LOVE SISTER WIFES, I CAN’T HARDLY WAIT TO SEE IT AGAIN. IT’S THE BEST, I WISH IT WAS ON ALL THE TIME . LOVE YOU ALL FROM LINDA IN KY.

Lonestarboots

Posted at 8:09 PM on July 1, 2012

The Brown Family are participating in a felony, and raising their children to believe it is not only their right to break the law, but to believe they will go to hell if they don’t also participate in the crime. The bravery, shown thus far by the majority of the older Brown children is allowed only because they are on camera. If they had never had the protection of cameras, the children would not have wound up so lucky as to be able to declare a choice. The whole show was concocted by pro-polygamists to sway the public towards acceptance of the abusive lifestyle. Every adult member of this “family” has previously filed for bankruptcy, and Christine’s bankruptcy, filed just before the show went public, declared she was alone, had no income, was unmarried and on food stamps. How is that an example for your children of equal love and support? You and your children are “alone, bankrupt and on food stamps, while you “husband” chases a new bride! Yeah, right, a lovely family.

Lhasamom

Posted at 2:37 AM on June 27, 2012

I think the women are good parents. Kody has nothing to do with how well they turned out.

Britt

Posted at 12:26 PM on June 26, 2012

You all disgust me with your hate. Live your own life the way you please and don’t pick on this happy family.

Lori

Posted at 5:28 PM on July 2, 2012

Well Said My fellow free thinking, non biased, open minded, human being.

Helga Zeiner

Posted at 11:29 AM on June 26, 2012

Please, stop and think! Kody & Co are not simply a bunch of free-thinking liberals. They are cultists! They are fundamentalists! In the name of ‘religious freedom’ they confront their children with a degrading life-style and brainwash them into believing it’s all in the name of love. Polygamy has nothing to do with love. It is all about control. One male controls a number of women and children – who are open to abuse. Read about the FLDS prophet Warren Jeffs and what goes on in the FLDS. Child-bride trafficking of under-age girls is common!
This kind of ‘family structure’ has no place in a civilized society.

Kent McMillen

Posted at 9:36 PM on July 8, 2012

I hope nobody thinks that the Browns are liberals. This faction of the Mormon church votes republican an estimated 70% of the group. The very name “Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints” denotes conservatism.

Jessie

Posted at 5:49 PM on December 30, 2012

I agree with you that Warren Jeffs is an awful man. However the Browns are NOT FLDS! They are from a different group/faction entirely. You have every right not to agree with or like them and their lifestyle, but get your facts straight!

Trini

Posted at 10:19 AM on June 26, 2012

They are a disgrace to parenting!!! This lifestyle is just that, a lifestyle while here on earth, their souls are heading for damnation….. This show should be pulled from television, but we Americans like to condone wrong doing and this is setting a bad example for our children…… MY OPINION

Jenni

Posted at 4:37 AM on June 26, 2012

I don’t agree with their lifestyle in any way, shape or form but I do respect that they have the right to choose whatever lifestyle that want to live. I am not the one making their choices therefor I have no right to judge what choices they make. Stop the hate it’s not your life and doesn’t aaffect you!

Bemused

Posted at 9:44 PM on June 25, 2012

These women call themselves “wives”, only Meri’s marriage is legal, the other three are mistresses. It takes an incredible degree of delusion not to understand that the man you call “husband” is having intercourse with the women you call “sister”. They are delusional and despite their appearance of loving parenting they have trrained their children to call what “isn’t is and what “is” isn’t.

kimmiej

Posted at 12:11 AM on July 8, 2012

I feel as if everyone has a right to live there life as they see fit and God will be there judge.
But, as a human being and looking at the situation- YOU simple told it like it is, the TRUTH.
Meri is the only legal wife and the rest are mistresses.

CCB

Posted at 2:17 AM on July 22, 2013

According to the law. According to their hearts, well that is another matter.