'Sister Wives Tell-All': Robyn Is OK If Kody Brown Takes A Fifth Wife

Mon, June 25, 2012 10:03am EST by 119 Comments
Kody Brown 5th Wife

Robyn made her extraordinary confession under the grilling of Natalie Morales during the ‘Sister Wives Tell-All Special’ on June 24.

If Sister Wives star Kody Brown decides to add a fifth wife to his polygamist marriage, that’ll be just fine by fourth wife Robyn, she revealed during the family’s Tell-All Special.

“That’s OK if Kody chooses a fifth wife,” admits Robyn, the mother of Kody’s 17th child – baby Solomon. “I signed on for that.”

Interestingly, none of Kody’s other three wives piped up to second that feeling. Not surprising, considering the jealousy and drama that’s filled the Brown family’s polygamist marriage, we learned on the show last night. Not that any Sister Wives followers would really be surprised. I mean, how could you not have huge drama and intense jealousy when one man is married to four different women at the same time?

It turns out that wives No. 1 and No. 2, Meri and Janelle, HATED each other for the longest time.

Janelle admitted that when she got pregnant before Meri, who was having fertility issues, she knew it would be uncomfortable to break her pregnancy news to her fellow sister wife.

“If it upset her, so be it,” Janelle explains. “Things had been incredibly uncomfortable at that time, so her feelings were of little importance to me.”

Apparently Meri had ridiculed Janelle about wearing makeup and other issues to the point where Janelle “felt like I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.”

Janelle actually packed up her children and left Kody for a while!

Then there is third wife Christine’s admission: When she was first pregnant, SHE told Meri, “I hope you don’t get pregnant, because then it won’t be such a special thing for me.”

“I was mean,” Christine admits. “Very mean.”

Ya think? Meri finally did get pregnant with her only child, Mariah, and she had to face Christine’s nasty resentment.

Kody admits that he and his various wives have spent a lot of time in marriage counseling, either with one or multiple wives at a time.

Wouldn’t you like to listen in on those sessions? Kody calls weekly discussions with all four wives together “emotional surgery.”

All of this wife management makes you wonder how Kody has any time at all to work — let alone to spend any time with his 17 kids! Does the man EVER sleep?

Maybe not, but he sure makes good use of his time in bed! If my count is right, he once had ALL THREE of his first three wives pregnant at the same time!

Polygamy sure requires endurance for any man!

What do you think Hollywoodlifers? Could you be in a plural marriage?

Bonnie Fuller

More On The Kody Brown 5th Wife Debate:

1. ‘Sister Wives:’ Robyn, Thanks For Being Honest That You’d Strangle Kody Brown For Taking A Fifth Wife
  2. Kody Brown: Your Claim That You Might Be FORCED To Take A 5th Wife Is Ridiculous
  3. Bonnie Says: Kody Brown Talking About ‘Wife Hunting’ Is Gross On ‘Sister Wives’ Halloween Special!

heather

Posted at 12:00 AM on December 19, 2014

I think it’s completely selfish and unrealistic to try and love more than 1 person at the same time.

mahesh kumar

Posted at 12:02 PM on August 26, 2014

Love never falls.

mlwalker

Posted at 11:14 AM on July 28, 2014

How in the world does Kody support all those kids and 4 wives?

Daisy

Posted at 11:26 AM on July 28, 2014

He doesn’t.

Valerie

Posted at 7:45 PM on December 15, 2014

Since technically/legally only Meri is married to him – the others collect welfare.

sandi

Posted at 1:08 AM on April 27, 2014

ps wish i knew someone to introduce to christine .she is the genuine ,jewel of them all .wish she will get fed up ,and go with her children,she is still, young, beautiful woman in and out.believe her mom feels as i do.i watched the show when mom was there, she loyal to what.ask yourself that gal.wish i could help her ,my income is low ,she needs a friend.hello. .

sandi

Posted at 12:50 AM on April 27, 2014

i think he still carrys a stronger attachment to robin.but its only sexual.his 1st wife i believes is the one he loves best,wish one would bring a guy into there life.show him what it feels to wait your turn .i could never be polig,i admit that piece of paper is for husband and one wife.yes i would be jealous,no way .no na da,

Gaynor

Posted at 9:00 PM on April 20, 2014

I’m miles behind you guys because I watch this in Australia! I love this programme and am fascinated by how these women agree to this lifestyle. What do they gain from it? Just friction and jealousy and unhappiness. I think Kody is attractive but he picks fat and/or ugly wives. I also feel sorry for the girls in the family – they all look exactly like their mothers!!!

Michele Wilson

Posted at 7:52 PM on June 10, 2014

The girls seen,t fat and ugly! That’s a really mean thing to say!!

Jas

Posted at 10:57 AM on February 13, 2014

wife?? 3 of them are not even married!

paula wolfe

Posted at 10:46 PM on February 11, 2014

Ridiculous!!! Is all I can say. Of course, Cody will take a 5th wife. They are becoming rich from their show and have to find a way to keep the ratings up and the bucks $$$$ coming in. There’s no way he loves all of those women, he can’t be a good dad to that many kids, and I believe he is personally trying to see if he can WIN, by having the most wives and children. He is ugly and isn’t it strange that the only wives he can find are those that are overweight, or become overweight, whom obviously have self esteem problems. Now Robyn is becoming overweight-Ha, does he take all of their worth and self esteem from them, does food fill the emptiness they must feel by having a merely part-time husband and father?? I would feel less of a wife and person if I wasn’t enough for my spouse and he had to keep adding more. His idea of thinking himself so close to God is a heresy, he is a lowlife piece of crap. he’s obviously, learned to manipulate and control those poor women, and you can tell they don’t always buy his crap. Mind control, manipulation, and conniving can ease in so slowly-most people don’t even feel it happening-until it’s too late. I wish all those women, except Robyn, would leave him-they would make more money doing a reality show about the hell he’s put them through. But Robyn, that woman deserves him!! God I pray no more children re brought into that mess. And, Robyn is so ugly and masculine looking-WOW, why are the other wives jealous of that thing??

Suzee

Posted at 11:12 PM on February 11, 2014

Did you notice Robyn’s face when they were all talking about putting their hand prints in the cement of a former residence? She looked so put out because it was before her time. Priceless!!! Loved it!
As an afterthought, another mistress means another house? Yikes!

Pamela Linhart

Posted at 4:51 AM on January 27, 2014

Love the show
Love the family

Shannon

Posted at 11:56 PM on January 26, 2014

I’m a fat woman, so my comment is not meant to be a slap at any of the sister wives, but I think Kody shows more attracted-type attention to Robyn, whom I don’t find attractive, but he does. I think the family can’t afford the kids and houses they have now, getting another wife, unless she’s rich, would be ridiculous. My personal opinion, Kody won’t get another wife unless Robyn gets fat, then he may look for another one he finds sexy. I don’t know if he loves all his wives still, but they are all so busy putting on a show, when there is real turmoil in their real lives, that it’s hard to know what’s real between them. They certainly act more like Big Love wives than what you think of as sister wives. He seems to be more of a friend to his first three wives, but who knows, he doesn’t show much affection to any of them, but I have seen the way he looks at Robyn and tells her she’s too pretty to worry about being a good cook, etc., it’s just kind of obvious that he has more attraction toward her. I don’t know how they do it, I wouldn’t want any other women in a marriage, or other men for that matter, but I have no problem with people who want to be in plural marriages, that’s their business. As long as they don’t marry teenagers or younger.

Barbara J

Posted at 11:40 PM on January 26, 2014

Tonight I watched the emotional story of Truely’s illness. Having just returned from a life saving procedure in a 1 week hospital stay, I understood the family’s desire to gather and pray for this child. But I was VERY disappointed to watch the welcome home. Not on person thought to say thank you to the One responsible for the child’s quick recovery. Even if you don’t believe God did the healing, they did ask Him. Sorry, their religion is important to them, but it’s only a system of belief, not a true relationship with God. Their words just turned hollow.

Marg

Posted at 11:06 PM on January 26, 2014

My favourite wives are Janelle and Christine. Mother and daughter Meri and Mariah are selfish and spoiled. Meri only likes sneaky Robyn because Robyn is conniving and knew right away who she needed to suck up to, that way Meri doesn’t complain about the special attention the newest wife receives…and Robyn continues to get it. Robyn turns on the tears all the time, to get the attention back on her as necessary. Meri is a needy, jealous creature, who thinks Mariah should get special treatment as well. Janelle is competent, smart and capable of doing things on her own, and she is also very honest and doesnt seem to need Cody to live her life, her life doesn’t revolve around him…. i think she would be absolutely fine without him, or anyone! Christine is also honest and real, and funny and sweet. I do find it interesting that Robyn has also gained weight since marrying into the Brown family. I would love to see the love that Cody says should be multiplied and not divided, happen with additional husbands one of these days…not that it ever would of course….its funny how it sickens him to think of that, but him having a personal harem is perfectly acceptable!

Marissa

Posted at 8:47 PM on January 22, 2014

I just don’t get why ANYONE, especially beautiful Christine, would be jealous of Robyn.
She’s stupid, has ghee most masculine face, and seems to not know how to shut her mouth. She’s so homely it seems crazy that, in the Browns messed up mishmash, that Robyn is considered the pretty one. UGH!

Suzee

Posted at 8:58 AM on January 27, 2014

Again last night, there was Robyn chiming in. One of them were talking about how they raised the children to be responsible for the little kids when necessary, and there is Robyn nodding in agreement. She’s only been there 5 minutes compared to the others, so Robyn, for goodness’ sake, stop trying to take the lead ALL the time! You are not the boss!
Didn’t you find Cody a little melodramatic when he was talking about the commitment party and mission statement? Where are they getting the money for all this extravaganza???

JulieLyn

Posted at 8:39 AM on January 20, 2014

Is it just me or does it seem as though Robyn takes possession of Kody to the extreme and that she steps in and “discusses” details/issues regularly. *Like, Robyn’s approval of another wife is as if “POOF-then it shall be” kind of thing * As I understood it, Meri is his First (and only legal) wife…why is it that is appears that she is always on the “end” of the group line and very rarely next to Cody? So, why is Robyn’s blessing (so to speak) of a 5th wife such a big deal?
And, for Meri, it’s not her “fault” that she has not had the opportunities like the others to bear many children;however, Mariah is such a beautiful young lady (as are the other children too but) and has the utmost respect and love for her Mom. I’d be emotionally distraught if I felt discriminated against constantly too. And again, in being the first and only legal (not “commitment alone) wife to Kody, I verily believe that Meri should receive better consideration from Kody than she does – And Please Kody, it would be nice if you’d refrain from belittling Meri’s emotions infront of other’s – especially Robyn. Plus, as nice as it was for Robyn to offer to marry to carry a baby for her…sounds nice, right…hmmmm..I think that is a ploy -for the most part – for Robyn to earn more attention from Kody – Like PLEASE…Robyn, all due respect;however, as nice as can be said – Get over yourself!!!! Don’t get me wrong…I like all of the wives….I just take great issue with those, 2nd, 3rd & 4th in line, taking/causing issues with Meri-again …the First wife to Kody and she shouldn’t have to worry or feel “less” for not having a brood of children. She deserves nothing less than the home she has (again…2nd,3rd,4th- check yourself) and all that she contributes &Kody should be tending to her first and not putting her by the way-side as he does. I wish you all the best;however, Meri just know that although I’ve grown to “like” the other wives, you are my focus (you and your daughter, as I see it as a beautiful Mother/Daughter relationship) and please I pray you speak up more confidently more often…you’re educated (the Most of the mom’s) and so use your knowledge and speak up and share …putting forth your leadership skills (yes…the skills are within you :) :) ) I am cheering you on.
BTW-I’ve been on your website “Sisterwives closet” and there are some nice pieces ~Blessings ;)
And all the best to Mariah & Aspyn as they walk from highschool into College/University Life ~God Bless you both richly ;)

Suzee

Posted at 12:18 PM on January 20, 2014

It is so good to see someone else thinking the same as myself. Meri is the only legitimate wife as you said, and the others are mistresses.
Again last night Robyn took over the conversation as always. For goodness’ sake Robyn, SHUT UP and give the others a chance to speak!! Nice going offering to try on dresses so the others could see how they look. Doesn’t help those who are overweight. There is a method in your madness Robyn.
Congrats Janelle on your weight loss, that is fantastic.
I pray your baby will be okay Christine.

wtj

Posted at 4:17 PM on July 3, 2014

You all are shallow and bigoted people without thought for the welfare and concern of others, If everyone is of age and agrees to that life style then allow them to enjoy their lives the best they can. Who are you to judge what they do.

Suzee

Posted at 6:38 PM on July 3, 2014

Where in my post am I being bigoted and judgmental, pray tell!! Telling Robyn to shut up is being a bigot? hmmmmm, Want a dictionary?