'Secret Life' Scoop: Francia Raisa Talks Kissing Grace & Stealing Ricky

Fri, June 22, 2012 3:33pm EST by 27 Comments
'Secret Life' Scoop: Francia Raisa Talks Kissing Grace & Stealing Ricky

Plus, Francia talks about her Teen Choice & Imagen Award nominations. Find out how you can vote for her!

Just when I thought The Secret Life of the American Teenager couldn’t get any more sexified, this summer’s batch of drama brought even more scandals — teen marriage and lesbian experimentation, to name a few — and Francia Raisa‘s Adrian has her sassy, well-manicured hand in all of it. HollywoodLife.com chatted with the Teen Choice and Imagen Award nominee for the scoop on what else fans can expect in season five, including whether Adrian will try to steal Ricky (Daren Kagasoff) away from Amy (Shailene Woodley).

Enjoy my full interview with Francia below:

Congratulations on your nominations! How are you feeling?

I’m excited! It’s my first [Teen Choice] nomination, and it’s for Choice Scene Stealer. It’s four days before my birthday and, you know, a surfboard would be a pretty good gift. [Click here to sign in and vote for Fransia!]

‘Scene stealer’ is the perfect way to describe Adrian.

Thank you, I agree.

Except maybe ‘boyfriend stealer.’

Either one works. I think I would unanimously win that one. Hands down.

I still can’t believe season five started the week after season four ended. When are you guys not working?

We literally have our vacation during the holiday, and that’s it. From February to November, we shoot. But I don’t mind it. I hate sitting on my butt. If I don’t work more than a day on an episode, I ask [creator Brenda Hampton] for more to do.

Onto season five, will we see Grace and Adrian rebuilding their rocky friendship?

It’s only rocky because Grace freaked out. We were experimenting, like I’m sure a lot of people to do. But they’re friends, and at the end of the day, she’ll get over it. It’s not like Adrian did something malicious to her. She’s just a little freaked out. The friendship will always be there, though.

Any chance there will be more experimenting in the future?

I never know what’s going on. I’ll think a storyline is done, but then it’ll come back. I think the show catches me by surprise as much as it captures the fans by surprise. Sometimes I’ll get a script and go, ‘Wait, what?’ So hey, maybe Adrian will meet a girl some day, and say, ‘This is who I love!’

Hey, you never know. She has pretty much run out of guys in town.

The boyfriend she has now breaks up with her every five minutes. She doesn’t really want to be with him, but he’s there, so she’ll take what she can get.

Do you think she could still have feelings for Ricky, even though he’s married?

I love that she says she’s not, because I definitely think she is. You can’t really just get over your first love like that. Their relationship was so passionate that I think they’ll always have a special place in each other’s heart. That’s one of the reasons why Ricky said he can’t be friends with Adrian. He needed to push her away to have a relationship with Amy.

And how will their marriage change the dynamic of the group?

Even though they’re married, Ricky will still be a bad boy. And who knows, some random girl might come in and sweep him off his feet! You can’t live happily ever after on this show. There will always be drama.

And most of it will end up on ‘The Soup.’ How do you feel about being on there so much?

Oh my gosh, I love it! I love it so much. I started TiVoing The Soup. I love that they make fun of us!

Looking ahead, how would you like to see Adrian change?

I have so much fun with everything she does, so I hope Adrian keeps doing things to make the show more interesting. I guess I’m supposed to say I hope she grows up and matures, but I have too much fun playing crazy.

What do you hope to see on Secret Life this season? Do you want Amy and Ricky’s marriage to last, or do you think Ricky belongs with Adrian? Do you think Adrian and Grace are done experimenting? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories! And check out ABC Family’s official Secret Life page for more show info.

— Andy Swift

Ramy fan

Posted at 7:00 PM on June 6, 2013

I wonder if they have a vote for couple on this show, ricky and amy should stay together. I think Adrian and Ben should stay together. They had…something they didn’t have with other people. Ricky and Amy had such great Chemistry together. Also, I know they loved each other, not just cuz of John. Ricky treated her right, he didn’t cheat, he became more responsible, and took care of her. It just wouldn’t be right if they weren’t together. It would suck if it ended after all they been through. There is no point if their relationship will end. If it does, i hope Ricky and Adrian doesn’t end up together cuz i know they were only together cuz of sex. For Ricky and Amy, it was more then that….

katie

Posted at 11:33 AM on May 15, 2013

Definetly think amy and ricky should either get married and go to new york or go to new york together. ben and adrian should get back together. I honestly loved them together.

Eunique

Posted at 11:04 PM on April 22, 2013

I love Amy and ricky they r perfect. Adrian should date Ben again. I also think that jack and grace are good together too.

Vero

Posted at 4:00 AM on March 14, 2013

I think amy and ricky should be together! They’ve been through so much together and I believe they love each other. Please make them have their happy ending or else starting this show ( a few weeks ago) would have been pointless. I’m just watching to see if they’ll end up together. :)

Ricky && Amy Together Forever!

Posted at 1:39 AM on March 12, 2013

I really think Amy and Ricky should be together, not just because they have a son together but because i can see that he deeply loves her even though shes crazy and always complaining. Yes Amy and Ricky belong together. It would kill me to see them break up from watching what they have been through. Please let Amy and Ricky be together! :)

Amy and Ricky!

Posted at 11:56 PM on March 7, 2013

I finally caught up with the show & i really hope amy and Ricky stay together. If they didn’t the the show would end pointlessly! it makes it such a better story and I think both amy and Ricky get doubts sometimes but I think they really do love each other.

ashlynn

Posted at 3:34 AM on February 10, 2013

im team ramy!
ricky had feeling for amy you can see it in his eyes now and you could then too him and Adrian never loved eachother and everyone should know there relationship was about SEX that’s it ben could not have ever loved amy they rushed things way too fast!!!!
ricky and amy love eachother you can see it in his eyes.. she is the mother of his child and he even told her once that he was nervous at band camp cause he did feel something for amy.. so yeah if they split the show will be pointless… and I just hope they stay together not for john but because they are completely in love.. shes the only girl he didn’t cheat on.. they actaullly really dated… he is the one that proposed too her in front of the whole school. it was his idea not hers… Ricky is crazy for her and ben is jus dumb along with Adrian always trying too mess things up… and I also believe that amy never really did love ben, if you remember the way she looked at ricky and he looked at her from the moment they saw eachother and he kept lying too his self then when he faced the truth and amy called him he said well if ben wouldn’t have rushed into being there for you maybe things would be different and he would be flying in too see her then he said why don’t I fly there and see you… like im not gonna go on but its obvious they love eachother and ben and Adrian jus cant stand it.. now im hoping the last season ever ends with them still being together!!!!! cause the sneek peek didn’t look good and ricky was crying so if amy and ricky break up the show is ruined.

Adrian&Ricky

Posted at 4:45 PM on December 29, 2012

I will always choose Arian and Ricky. They have to be together. Perfect couple

RICKY AND AMY FOREVER

Posted at 3:38 AM on February 10, 2013

no there not amy and ricky are and they have both came a long way.
ricky never loved Adrian.. it was lust ricky loved amy all along and finally when he faced the truth you found out for himself.

Vicky

Posted at 6:12 PM on November 2, 2012

Erm no adrian and ricky belong together it irritates me so bad when they keep making adrians character have a horrible life and amy an ricky get everything plus amy is irritating i dont get what he could loe about her apart thr she was stupid to get pregnant arrerrrggggghhhh

RICKY AND AMY FOREVER

Posted at 3:39 AM on February 10, 2013

i have too disagree amy and ricky belong together and ricky loves her clearly:)

Terra Byrley

Posted at 3:51 PM on May 19, 2014

I agree amy and ricky should be together. I was so happy to see them together in season 5 and I think ben and Adrian should get back together because they did have a good thing

Sam

Posted at 4:02 PM on July 10, 2012

Put ben and. Adrian back together and split Ricky and Amy they make the show so boring

Lee

Posted at 3:59 PM on July 10, 2012

Amy and Ricky make the show suck so bad

giselle

Posted at 8:56 AM on June 26, 2012

please do not telme adrian is gonna get bac in the mix of RAMY! seriously i cant take that shit no more lets get sumthin new tht’ll test the love but not fail their love i mean theyre a family u kno..i want RAMY 2make it so badd im alreadi pissed theyre fakin their marriage & i hope amy isnt thinkn about bens whack ass..come on rickyvsben..no competition #RAMY

Lucy

Posted at 12:30 PM on June 24, 2012

It is time for Adrian to move on, this desperate chase of Ricky makes her pathetic and not edgy..doesn’t do any favors to this character imo..
Amy and Ricky have great chemistry and an interesting dynamic, give them some drama writers but leave Adrian away from that, they are one of the few good things on this teen soap, don’t screw this up !

RICKY AND AMY FOREVER

Posted at 3:40 AM on February 10, 2013

agreed

Jessica

Posted at 4:02 AM on June 23, 2012

Definitely do not care AT ALL for Ricky and Amy. I want Ricky and Adrian back.

Reggie

Posted at 10:45 PM on June 22, 2012

Who cares about Ricky and Amy, I want Adrian to go after Ben again. Those two were like ice & fire they made me actually like this show and I’m a guy. He was like ICE always cool and steady and ready for any situation all the time she was on FIRE hot ans sizzling and ready to burn thins up, when they came together I just sat back and waited to see what happened when the smoke cleared.

Elly

Posted at 8:38 PM on June 22, 2012

Adrian needs to butt the fuck out of Amy and Ricky’s relashionship! That’s the only reason I watch this show, and of he cheats, I’m kissing secret life’s ass goodbye! RAMY all the way <3 ❤

Love

Posted at 6:28 PM on June 22, 2012

Adrian better not break them up she should let them have their lil family!!!!

lisa

Posted at 4:29 PM on June 22, 2012

If Adrian breaks up Ricky and Amy then I am done with this stupid show. Ramy is the only reason I watch this show, I could care less about the other dumb characters.

Tiffany

Posted at 10:35 PM on January 6, 2013

the show is ending already. and just because ricy got amy pregnant does not mean that they should be together when ricky found out about the baby he didnt want amy he said he didnt even care about amy but just wanted to be a good father. and he stuck with adrian i mean yes they both cheated on eachother but Adrian and Ricky are ment to be. its just how its suposed to be. ricy doesnt love anybody as much as he loves adrian even though right now he wont admit it anymore because he want to do whats best for the baby and he thinks tats being with amy at the moment.

Vero

Posted at 4:02 AM on March 14, 2013

Agree 100%

Sammy

Posted at 4:12 PM on June 22, 2012

Umm…. NO Adrian needs to leave Ricky ALONE because Ricky and Amy belong together so Ricky better not cheat on Amy with Adrian or any other girl or I’ll be pissed cause RAMY is the couple Secret Life has. Ricky and Amy endgame and our meant to be.

Eli

Posted at 2:18 AM on April 23, 2013

U guys need to shut the heck up I think Amy and Ricky should be together I think Ben only want Amy for sex. He’s just scary I hope Amy John and Ricky Adria and Ben and grace and jack I think Adrian should leave them alone and it won’t be a wast of time watching this show. Because I really liked this show and i just wouldn’t like them to spit so Amy and Ricky and Adrian and Ben and jack and grace

Alexis