Kris Jenner Admits Why She Didn't Try To Talk Kim Kardashian Out Of Sex At 14

Fri, June 22, 2012 9:30pm EDT by 17 Comments
Kris Jenner Parenting Skills

In a new interview, Kris opens up about why she didn’t stop Kim from having sex at 14, saying that she knew it wouldn’t work! Read on for details!

Kris Jenner is out to clarify her side of things, after daughter Kim Kardashian admitted to Oprah that she lost her virginity at 14 with Kris’ approval.

In a new interview with Bethenny Frankel, set to air next week, Kris says, “Kim came to me and…was very honest with me and said ‘Mommy I think I’m feeling…sexual…I’m thinking oh God, here we go.”

On the topic of trying to talk Kim out of her early decision, the reality mom said, “You can try and talk your kids out of it…of course I had every…talk…and said this is what you should do. But, the truth is unless you lock your child in the closet and throw the key away, they’re going to do what they feel. I can’t be with her and shadow her every single second. So my philosophy has also been make sure your kids are healthy, well taken care of and educated.”

Kris says it then became a matter of wanting to protect Kim. She took her daughter to her trusted gynecologist, Dr. Paul Crane, and said, “She’s all yours. You can go in the office and have the little doctor patient talk. It was, like, her first time there and I said ‘You guys got to work this out. I don’t need to know as long as you got it under control, Paul Crane.'”

Check out the preview clip below and watch the full interview when it airs Tuesday, June 26.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Do YOU think Kris made the right decision with Kim back then?

Loading video...

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

More Kardashians Here:

1. Kim Kardashians’ Men: Kanye West, Reggie Bush & Kris Humphries Showdown In Court
  2. Khloe Kardashian Defends Kris Jenner — Sex Tape Accusation Is A Disgusting Fantasy
  3. Kim Kardashian Made Sex Tape For Fame, Sources Say

Monica

Posted at 3:33 PM on July 1, 2012

I like the Kardashians but OMG Kim is such a slut she sleeps with so many guys she is so nasty.She needs to learn to respect her self

Kaye

Posted at 1:22 PM on June 25, 2012

Being the mother of a daughter, I could not imagine leaving the sex talk up to my gynecologist. If you build a strong enough relationship with your kids and help them to gain an appreciation for your opinion, then you can DEFINITELY keep them from having sex! My mother did it with me and I am doing the same with my daughter. I so disagree with Kris on this one, I think she made a big mistake and that is why the world sees Kim in the negative light that they do!

eva

Posted at 10:51 AM on June 24, 2012

Let me guess, kris j aka pimo whore momagewr started having sex at age 7.

She’s whoring around bev hills and pimping her children even Bruce Jenner looks like a whore now. He had several facelifts, wearing earrings and his hair cut is like an old hag trying hard to find a cient.

mimi

Posted at 11:07 AM on June 23, 2012

The Kartrashians are doing left and right interviews on tv. Wonder what is her alibi for guesting her ex on their show when the whole world knows that she cheated her husband with this guy.

Heather

Posted at 9:22 AM on June 23, 2012

I do applaud Kris for creating an environment where Kim felt she could go to Kris regarding her feelings. This is important.

I do think 14 is very young for a young woman to have sex. Unfortunately, we see sex so often in advertising, tv, etc that perhaps it creates a “dys-sensitivity” and impulsivity to being involved in a sexual situation.

What happened to having sex with the one you really love? What happened to the sanctity of waiting?

I also think Kim may have been “acting out” perhaps to her parents marriage not staying intact. I think she had feelings of loss and grief that she was trying to push out of her mind. This impulsivity to sex creates a distraction for her so she doesn’t have to deal with her true feelings.

Uk mum

Posted at 9:07 AM on June 23, 2012

I tell my daughter that A)you might damage your body if you have sex to young, which might affect your chances of children later in life. B) you need to be on the pill and prior to that a blood test to see if there is a risk of a DVT as I’ve had that. And C) always use condoms to because even in a serious relationship a young boy might cheat and catch something… It’s a parents job to educate their children in all ways from learning to toilet train, read and write to having,sex

Tinnahperry

Posted at 3:15 AM on June 23, 2012

Honestly,
Truth at least Kim was honest about this “sex” talk it happens
To every girl one point of her life 14 year olds are very
Curios and in that position as a mom kris was really
Chill and cool with this WHAT IS THE RITE thing
Because again teens get curios of certain topics and the way kris took care of this was a shock most moms would freak!!!
Who’s side am I on?? Well I gotta give it to Kris

celine613

Posted at 12:42 AM on June 23, 2012

I agree with Kris….its better to be safe than sorry….those parents who tell there kids that they’re not allowed to have bf/gf or not to have sex are usually da ones dat do….I know alot of people like dat.

Shelly

Posted at 7:45 PM on June 22, 2012

You’re right Kris kids will do what they feel but they are not going to tell you about it first.

How many 14 year old kids actually come up to their moms and say ” ‘Mommy I think I’m feeling…sexual”……LOL. Take a seat Kris and stay there. I don’t believe one bit of this drivel.

Uk mum

Posted at 8:58 AM on June 23, 2012

Actually… I think some daughters do… my girl is 13 and thankfully not interested in sex yet…. But the last year or so I have said to her although i prefer her to be the legal age when she’s does have sex… I’d also much prefer her to come and discuss it with me 1st no matter what age so we can get her as protected as possible and because she knows im approachable as we already discuss most things I think she will like Kim did… I think in a lot of ways kris has a great relationship with her kids but if it turns out she was behind the sex tape my opinion of her WILL change…

Laura

Posted at 6:24 PM on June 22, 2012

Kris is absolutely right! I believe what she is saying is absolutely true. You have to prepare you children in what will happen, not say they can not have sex

"Mommy"??

Posted at 5:00 PM on June 22, 2012

“Mommy…I think I’m feeling sexual”??. Wtf? First of all if your child is still calling you “mommy”, they should definately shouldn’t be thinking about sex!

Momma2xs

Posted at 4:39 PM on June 22, 2012

I can’t stand the Kardashians and worst Bethany – I hate all the reality people who are famous for their disrespectful behavior. Make them go away. Bethany was so mean to the other NY Housewives, her in-laws, & her husband. I can’t stand Bethany’s voice. Make them go away.

bamabev

Posted at 9:40 PM on June 22, 2012

Then why are you on here??? There are millions of other webstes for you out there–go!

gbtw

Posted at 4:10 PM on June 22, 2012

i’m not going to judge her on this one… if my 14 year old comes to me in a similar fashion, i will be very proud and relieved that she dared to speak to me about something that most kids/parents in this country don’t dare speak about. i always worry about birth control tho, b/c so many people skip the worries about vd when they’re on birth control. at that age, they just worry about pregnancy and nothing else… so, i’d have a long hard discussion about that and many other things. but, again, i’m not going to judge a mom whose daughter came to her and told her she wanted to have sex, and that mom took her to a doctor for help in dealing with it. i mean, i actually knew 11 and 12 year olds who were having sex, and that was almost 30 years ago! it’s scary… maybe i’ll just get my daughter into the convent now.

sesa

Posted at 3:50 PM on June 22, 2012

She is one perverted, sick mama

Break

Posted at 3:40 PM on June 22, 2012

Pimp Mom shoots aand scores an excuse. Hey Kris J ists againts thr law for people to have sex with anyone under 18. Now we know why your family are such deliquents.