'Today' Show's Ann Curry Being Replaced — Report

Thu, June 21, 2012 2:07pm EDT by 30 Comments
Ann Curry Leaving Today Show

A new report claims ‘The Today Show’ is looking to replace Ann Curry — but who will take over alongside Matt Lauer?

NBC is preparing to replace Ann Curry on The Today Show, reports The NY Times. Network officials apparently are trying to execute the change by late July, before the Summer Olympics begin in London.

Ann, 55, has hired a lawyer, Robert B. Barnett, to represent her in negotiations with NBC to place her in a new position at the network, possibly into a foreign correspondent role. But Ann is upset about the move. “She got her dream job, and she doesn’t want to let it go,” a source tells The NY Times. The newspaper reports that a replacement for Ann hasn’t been decided yet, although the “person most often mentioned” is Savannah Guthrie, the co-host of the show’s 9 AM hour. She also often fills in when Ann is absent from the show. Are you guys upset about this change? Who do you think should replace Ann and sit alongside Matt Lauer?

Check Us Out On Pinterest!

عود بخور

Posted at 5:46 PM on June 30, 2012

You realize therefore significantly relating to this matter, made me individually imagine it from a lot of various angles. Its like men and women aren’t interested until it’s one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs excellent. At all times handle it up!

مول الخفجي

Posted at 5:38 PM on June 30, 2012

Usually I don’t learn post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to take a look at and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very great post.

baby diapers,baby clothes,baby toys

Posted at 6:31 AM on June 30, 2012

That is very attention-grabbing, You are an overly professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look ahead to in quest of more of your great post. Additionally, I’ve shared your web site in my social networks

the lunch box diet recipes

Posted at 2:39 PM on June 29, 2012

I am now not sure where you are getting your info, however great topic. I needs to spend a while learning much more or figuring out more. Thanks for great information I was in search of this information for my mission.

dietetique

Posted at 2:22 PM on June 29, 2012

I simply could not leave your site before suggesting that I really loved the usual information a person provide to your guests? Is gonna be again frequently to check up on new posts

accesorios de pc

Posted at 12:39 PM on June 28, 2012

That is really attention-grabbing, You are an overly skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and stay up for in search of more of your fantastic post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks

Kathleen A

Posted at 12:07 PM on June 28, 2012

Savannah Guthrie is about as exciting as a door knob. I like Ann Curry and will drop watching Today if Savannah takes over her spot. It’s all gone downhill this year!

Sidney

Posted at 1:40 PM on June 27, 2012

I just attempted to watch Ann, Al, Savannah and Matt, and there is no way I can sit through more than 10 minutes. The only portions i could watch were Natalie and the news, and Natalie interviewing the mom’s who worked out together. Can’t wait for Kathie Lee and Hoda! Savannah is so awkward.

Part of the problem with the Today Show ratings is that “Kelly Live” or whatever it’s called is not worth watching. When you lose viewers on one NBC show it affects surrounding shows.

Hire Oprah and Brian Williams. Now that would be some competition for Gayle and Charlie Rose.

Miller

Posted at 3:26 PM on June 25, 2012

Big Mistake. Meredith was great – but Ann is also. Savannah is too rigid and stiff – does not connect with viewers. Nat is great and adorable – very genuine – good on news desk. Where in the world is Matt Lauer – hardly see him on the show. Best part of Today is Hoda and Kathy Lee – they have a great – fun show. May end up just watching that part of the broadcast each day.

Sidney

Posted at 2:02 PM on June 25, 2012

I never really liked Ann until I read a little about her background. She is well qualified but boring…and TV is all about the ratings.

With the exception of the 4th hour of the Today Show, Kathie Lee and Hoda, I quit watching. I don’t think there is any chemistry among the Today Show morning hours’ crew. Savanna Guthrie is just average and appears disshevelled…just not someone I want to listen to or watch like Meredith. Also, Al Roker acts like a bumbling idiot at times & I know he has successful ventures. Matt Lauer is condescending and arrogant. I think you need Kathie Lee, Hoda Kotb, Donny Deutsh, and a new engaging weather person. Maybe keep Natalie because she seems to be growing into her shoes, and she does a great job reading the news headlines.

Definitely get rid of Savannah and Al Roker – both have an goofy-ick factor to them…

Rita

Posted at 8:59 PM on June 28, 2012

Ann may be a good journalist but she seems more like PBS quality reporter. When I turn on the TV every morning, I want to hear someone who is more relaxed, pretty and cute not to mention informative. NBC has had a revolving door on women anchors. I used to like Jane Pauley, Katie Couric- even Deborah Norville was a good anchor. Since KC left I am really not impressed with the women anchors.
All that being said, Ann seems like a wonderful person- I wish her well!

AEL

Posted at 10:42 PM on June 24, 2012

While I appreciate Ann’s loyalty, her interview skills are not good. She takes far too long to ask a question and often asks a leading question. Nathalie is beautiful but never seems at ease, almost stiff. The Today Show hasn’t been good since Katie C. left.

CM

Posted at 8:25 PM on June 24, 2012

If they replace Ann and put Savannah Guthrie in her place I Will NEVER WATCH AGAIN! I can’t stand Savannah Guthrie!

Sandra Calhoune

Posted at 12:16 PM on June 23, 2012

I love Ann and think she’s doing a great job. Why should she be let go just because Matt doesn’t like her. That’s the real thing going on here. Matt has so much clout and if he wanted her to stay they would keep her. Savannah is awful. I can’t stand her as the news reader so I can’t imagine her being great as the co host. Let’s not forget what happened to Deborah Norville?

Disgusted

Posted at 9:02 PM on June 24, 2012

Matt is condensing along with Al Roker, They often make inappropriate comments to Ann. She will be much better off without them. She deserves better. After being a loyal fan of NBC for many years, this is not changing.

Linda Sue Ercius

Posted at 6:47 PM on June 22, 2012

JUST HORRIBLE that NBC would let ANN go… Let us not be so hasty to replace Ann… k? It is not Ann’s fault that NBC has fallen so far behind the rest… I have watched the Today Show for years and LOVED Katie but I lived when she left… I think NBC has to “re-do” the entire show but KEEP ANN!

Comcast Davenport FL

Posted at 6:11 PM on June 22, 2012

You actually make it appear really easy together with your presentation however I find this matter to be really one thing that I feel I’d never understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely large for me. I’m taking a look forward to your next post, I’ll try to get the grasp of it!

B sears

Posted at 4:50 PM on June 22, 2012

Get rid of Matt he doesn’t impress me. Ann is quiet but does a good job. Savannah is getting better, but she constantly looks un groomed, don’t fel she will boost ratings

work abroad

Posted at 2:29 PM on June 22, 2012

Unquestionably imagine that which you said. Your favourite reason appeared to be at the internet the easiest thing to take note of. I say to you, I certainly get irked at the same time as other people consider worries that they plainly don’t recognise about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the entire thing with no need side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thanks

Marco

Posted at 10:03 AM on June 22, 2012

So long to Ann! No to Savannah. If NBC were smart (and I’m not saying they are!), they would go find Campbell Brown to replace Ann. It’s too bad Meredith left…she was the best!

camera case golla

Posted at 6:39 AM on June 22, 2012

Wow, superb blog structure! How long have you ever been blogging for? you make running a blog look easy. The full glance of your site is great, let alone the content material!

Judy

Posted at 1:35 AM on June 22, 2012

I think Ann Curry is just fine where she is. NBC is in panic mode because ABC beat them in the ratings. That’s not Ann’s fault – GMA is just on a roll right now. I’ve been switching over to them myself lately, and I’ve always been a TODAY Show fan. I love the fairly new guy – Josh. They just all gel together over there. Sorry TODAY, but your time has come and gone.

Karen

Posted at 9:39 PM on June 21, 2012

She seems like a nice person, but there’s just something missing. There’s absolutely no chemistry between Ann and Matt. They should probably test out some people for a while before making any other hasty decisions about a new co-anchor.

JME

Posted at 3:25 PM on June 21, 2012

I’ve watched The Today show for years and although Ann Curry seems like a nice person I knew ratings would drop when they announced she was going to be the new co-anchor when Meredith left the show. She’s just not right for the co-anchor slot.

Anyone remember Campbell Brown? She and Matt would be good together although I think NBC screwed her, too, and she left the network.

gbtw

Posted at 6:08 PM on June 21, 2012

i think i remember campbell— wasn’t she on the weekend crew? she was vivacious and fun. i don’t know how she’d be as an interviewer, but she seems like she’d be able to connect on a personal level and have fun. to be right in that spot, you need to have charisma, and the ability to do an interview… tho the two aren’t actually mutually exclusive. her interview skills would be the only thing to give me pause… just uncertainty about them.

gbtw

Posted at 1:19 PM on June 21, 2012

i can’t comment on how she meshes with matt b/c i haven’t watched the show in quite awhile- however, i did watch it for many years during ann’s existence. i always thought she was AWFUL. she was a terrible interviewer. TERRIBLE. i think matt started off as a bad interviewer, but he ended up being pretty good… he studied gumbel, who was an arse, but a good interviewer. curry, i never saw improvements. she seemed awkward with her guests, and awkward with her crew. i thought she was only good when she was by herself reciting headlines (she did that for a bit at first, right?). in any case, unless i missed some drastic improvements at the end of her career, she isn’t the headliner that show needs… NEXT!

Warren Mertins

Posted at 10:53 AM on June 21, 2012

I think that Ann Curry is an important part of the Today Show. She adds warmth and a down to earth sincerety to your otherwise rather dull format filled with more human interst rather than a full prresentation of the morning news. Don’t blame Ann Curry for your failure to give the public what they want.

AleiaTheEnchanted

Posted at 10:39 AM on June 21, 2012

Why do they have to change her? When Katie Couric left, she stayed. When Meredith left, she stayed….I don’ t like the fact that they keep changing people. They finally found a person who is willing to stay and now they want to replace her….NBC is whack!

gbtw

Posted at 1:20 PM on June 21, 2012

you just don’t keep someone b/c they’ll stay! in fact, people often stay just b/c nobody else wants them b/c they AREN’T GOOD!