'90210' Season 5: Jessica Stroup Says Teddy Will Be Back — But Will Dixon?

Thu, June 21, 2012 4:11pm EDT by 58 Comments
90210 Season 5 Spoilers

Jessica gives HollywoodLife.com the scoop on all things season five — including who SHE thinks Silver should be with!

Jessica Stroup is a busy girl these days. Along with promoting her upcoming movie Ted — she hints that her character has an underlying crush on the titular bear — she’s also embarking on a new partnership with AXE Hair. But her hectic schedule pales in comparison to the whirlwind life of her 90210 persona Silver, and Jessica was happy to give HollywoodLife.com the scoop on what’s to come in season five.

Which guy will she choose? How will getting pregnant change her life? And which former 90210-er does she want back? Read on, my friends.

What was your reaction when you found out Teddy was coming back to knock up Silver?

I didn’t even know for a long time. They didn’t tell us. I guess the producers and the showrunners don’t trust us to keep stories out of the press. They wouldn’t tell me who it was going to be, but when they did, I was thrilled. [Trevor Donovan is] one of the coolest guys I’ve gotten to work with, so the fact that he’s coming back next year is really exciting. I’m happy about that.

And can you tell me about those on-set pictures of you with the fake baby belly that leaked online? Were you aware that happened?

[Laughs.] Yeah, but I wasn’t wearing a fake baby belly! Let me tell you, I was wearing a skirt as a dress and it pooched out in the stomach. These freakin’ pictures, everybody was like, ‘[Silver's] pregnant!’ But no, it was just a bad skirt. And the wind.

So, you weren’t trying to throw people off?

Nope. Just a really bad wind day.

Baby aside, Silver gets a lot of flack from viewers for sort of “making the rounds” in the group. Is it unfair to judge her for that?

Silver has taken the rounds. I think when you’ve got a group of friends — and this happens in high schools and in groups of friends everywhere — it becomes a little incestuous, because you all love each other so much. So I don’t know if I judge her. You love who you love, you fall for who you fall for, and you enjoy life as much as you can. I think that’s exactly what Silver is doing. And that’s what she she’s definitely going to be doing next year. She’ll be acting out and trying to live life.

How much have they told you about season five?

I don’t know any specifics at all, really. I know Teddy is going to be back and we’re going to pick up right where we left off. It’s going to be a direct cut, kind of thing.

So the Navid/Liam debate will continue, or is she done with those boys?

She’s never done with those boys. I’ve got a preference as myself, but I’m not going to tell you. I think they’re going to try to work out the Silver/Navid situation, because I think the fans really like Silver with Navid.

Plus, they really want Liam with Annie. ‘Lannie’ fans are determined.

They are! I had no idea. I think Silver should get back with Dixon. That’s my choice.

Ah, so he lives?

…I didn’t say that.

[NOTE: We've heard from a very reliable source — not Jessica — that Dixon does, in fact, survive his car crash.]

Well, regardless of whether or not he lives, how do you think his accident will affect Silver?

I think right now is when she sees life is short. She lost her mother, she lost her aunt, and now that her friend is possibly going to die, all of her energy is focused on living as much as she can right now. … It’s going to bring her closer to everybody.

90210 has lost quite a few characters over the years — sometimes suddenly. Who would you love to have back on the show?

I would love to see Ethan again. I would love to see Dustin Milligan from the first season, who’s a great friend still. That was the most shocking, the most abrupt ending. His character was so important to us that we all, as a cast, tried to convince the writers to figure out a way to bring him back. That would be my choice.

Lastly, since you are partnered with AXE Hair, which of your male cast mates has the best hair?

I’m going to have to say Michael Steger. He’s had long hair, he’s cut it short. He just has a big, thick head of hair and it looks good on that face. … Matt Lanter‘s got a pretty face, but his hair could be better.

What’s your take on all this new info., 90210 fans? Do you agree Michael Steger has the best hair? Are you thrilled Teddy will be back for season five? And do you support the idea of Silver returning to Dixon — you know, if he survives? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories!

— Andy Swift

laura

Posted at 8:05 AM on August 7, 2012

lannieeeeeee <3

Rita

Posted at 6:19 PM on July 11, 2012

I can’t wait for season 5!!
I’m thrilled that Teddy is coming back, I love him!
I don’t think Silver should go back to Dixon, she looks great with Navid and Liam but it’s so hard to choose wich one is the best for her.
Dixon should be with Adrianna they look really cute together.

simouney

Posted at 12:52 PM on July 10, 2012

OMG! i soo love 90210!! i cant wait for seas 5!! if the following happens in the show then i am deffo watchin:
silver with dixon
naomi with max
adrianna with navid
annie with liam
AWESOME !!!!

Kirsty

Posted at 5:19 PM on July 9, 2012

yes ethan should come back and start some trouble! PLEASE BRING HIM BACK

Anonymous

Posted at 2:24 PM on July 9, 2012

Ethan needs to come back…

Anonymous

Posted at 8:52 PM on July 8, 2012

I think old characters should come back like Donna and David and they shouldnt be separated . I miss them

queen B.

Posted at 3:20 PM on July 7, 2012

silver and dixon <3
liam and annie
adriannna and navid
that's how it is meant to be!
plus ethan must return and maybe be with naomi.naomi must focus on her job and sincerely she cant be together with max,he is a nerd who broke her heart afterall
adrianna and dixon should both have a great career on the music business and of cource annie in acting and liam in modeling
silver should not have a baby right now,she can adopt later and now try to be a filmmaker
navid should continue with his music business
teddy,who is adorable,should find a great guy
and ivy should stay with diego in mexico

simouney

Posted at 12:54 PM on July 10, 2012

i agree with u!!!

kelseybeaar

Posted at 9:48 PM on July 4, 2012

Liam and Naomi! <3
Silver and Dixon <3
Adriana and Navid <3
Ethan comes back and goes back out with Annie.

Afnan Jonas

Posted at 7:20 PM on July 2, 2012

i think that silver should be back to Teddy..neither Navid nor Liam should hook up with her!!! and Liam is better off with Annie, and has to refuse going back to that liar!! .. plus.. dixon should survive and go back to Adrianna!! lol i wish i could write season 5

nick

Posted at 3:45 AM on July 1, 2012

Jessica has always preferred silver being with Dixon, she has said it countless times what Jessica and Tristan have off screen makes they’re scenes even better Sixon was the greatest they belong together.

Jess

Posted at 7:43 PM on June 30, 2012

adrianna and Dixon forever!!!!! They are the cutest. I hate Annie and I love Liam and naOmi. I want liomi back together!! Otp –> Adrianna and Dixon

lisa

Posted at 12:46 AM on June 30, 2012

I have always been a fan of Silver and Dixon. And it was super awesome to hear that Jessica also likes them together. That being said, I also really like Adriana and Dixon. I really hope that the rumors are true about Dixon not dying. If he dies it will completely ruin the show for me. I’m glad that teddy’s back too, I hope the Austin and Adriana don’t end up together, that would be the worst couple match up on the history of 90210.

brooke

Posted at 1:23 PM on June 29, 2012

NOOOOOOO I want liam to be with annie and silver should be with dixon or navid! <3

girly

Posted at 12:36 PM on June 29, 2012

I think silver and liam should be together because he is so hot and sivler is beautiful

Mar

Posted at 1:46 AM on June 29, 2012

I really like silver and liam they make a cute couple. The ethan part not so much. They cut him of the show for something. I really hope the writers keep up the good work for the next season. LIAM/SILVER a lot of fans like that couple. Or with Dixon.

KDog

Posted at 5:56 PM on June 26, 2012

I think, based on the symbolism of Adrianna waiting for Dixon and hearing her song, that she may be truly over Dixon, despite his inability to meet with her. She needs to be with someone as beautiful and as talented as she is so that she can realize her full potential. I feel a connection to Silver’s persona, so I feel that she should end up with a mature man. I understand that both Navid and Liam may be in love with her, but based on their immature fights for male dominance. I think neither deserve her, and apparently so did she when she talked with Teddy about not being able to depend on them being in her life. Cancer is a very hard tribulation for everyone involved, so for Silver to want to take a step back and think about her life, she is very mature in doing so (instead of leading on both men and breaking both their hearts in the end).
Though it was somewhat expected, I am glad that Naomi ended up with Max. Even though she cheated on him, this part of the story shows that love forgives and does not judge, which is the same in Annie’s story with the priest man..that was unfortunate to end, but she knew that if she didn’t end it then, maybe down the road, he would resent her for letting him leave the priesthood. I am not happy, however, about Vanessa’s return. She was trying to get Liam up in the world, but was driving all the other main characters away from him, so I hope her appearance will not be permanent. I am impressed however with how far each character has matured, even if just a little. Other than Vanessa, no one is spitefully or childishly seeking revenge or purposefully wanting to ruin a life or reputation that they have all worked to achieve in our hearts. I am proud to say that I am a fan and can’t wait to see the growth in the characters we have come to adore!

90210

Posted at 6:15 AM on June 23, 2012

hey i think that jessica did a really nice interview:) at the moment i am SO NOT LOVIN silver seeing as she strung on 2 guys and then picked a gay one…(btw im happy teddys back he makes me laugh:) ) but yeh….
no i swear dixon and silver is a no no!! i dunno i think they r just not exactly rite for each other…i think
LIAM AND ANNIE – (i am THE biggest fan for lannie)
SILVER AND NAVID – (navid is adorable, so nice and he loves silver sooooo much)
i think that AID should want DIXON back but DIXON should NOT get back with aid…also i want AUSTIN to die in a hole….i hate him soooo much!!!!
silver shouldnt have chosen teddy i personally think…i mean they are not IN LOVE!!! cant WAIT till season 5 am actually dying to see what happens….and of course dixon lives??!! it would be terrible without him :);) it also gives it MUCH more dramaaaaa….YAYYAYAYAY:) long live 90210

Jennifer

Posted at 6:49 PM on June 22, 2012

Oh god Jessica you’re not doing it to me. Nope. No siree bob. Dixon is Adrianna’s guy! Silver had her chance and rejected Dixon at every rebound step, she doesn’t deserve him, is he really going to live? But I’m for Ethan returning for Silver. ;)

queen B.

Posted at 3:25 PM on July 7, 2012

you are totally wrong!dixon had rejected silver.not silver him!

Jules

Posted at 10:30 AM on June 22, 2012

Awwww I’m so happy Jessica loves Silver and Dixon!! That made me so happy! lol. They were my first 90210 ship and they still are my number 1! With Liam/Annie close behind of course. However I do like Dixon and Adrianna too lol.

Glad the interviewer asked her about how Silver is acting kind of slutty with the guys in the group. It’s a little too much. Dixon, Ethan, Teddy, Navid, random Greg and then Liam.

Glad Teddy is coming back and Dixon is not dead! And I loved how Jessica answered the questions..really professional and honest!

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:59 AM on June 22, 2012

I didn’t realize until I transcribed the interview how candid she really was. She’s awesome.

Jackie

Posted at 8:52 PM on June 26, 2012

I really liked her interview, too, and am so glad she mentioned she liked the Silver/Dixon relationship. There was never any closure there even after they both briefly broke up with their respective boyfriend/girlfriends (Teddy/Ivy at the time) and kissed. I thought they were going to get back together and was really bummed that they didn’t. 90210 should definitely revisit that relationship. Also, as much as I like Annie/Liam I’d be interested in seeing an Austin/Annie relationship. After all he’s done to cover up her prostitution thing it’s obvious he cares about her. Lastly, I am so happy Max/Naomi are back together! They are hands down my favorite couple on the show. :)

amy

Posted at 1:42 AM on June 22, 2012

I just want Lannie, I really don’t care who skank Silver ends up with, she’s such a lame person

Sam

Posted at 1:55 AM on June 22, 2012

Haha Annie is worse than Silver. She slept with a guy for money, and it honestly doesn’t matter if it was for Dixon or not. Being a prostitute is a lot worse than loving two guys at the same time.

spuizz

Posted at 10:12 AM on June 22, 2012

Come on silver is selfish….

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:58 AM on June 22, 2012

I love Annie, but you can’t deny that she was literally a prostitute.

Jackie

Posted at 8:57 PM on June 26, 2012

I disagree! Everyone that Silver has been with is sloppy seconds! She cheated on Dixon with Ethan and couldn’t pick between the two boys. Then she hooked up with Teddy after Adriana had already dated him. She then cheated and stole Navid from Adriana. Then she took Liam after Naomi and Annie had already dated them! At least when Annie dated Liam she hesitated because of their history and Naomi gave it the “ok” after Liam spoke with her about it. Silver has already done the two guys at one time thing and it’s time to stop the merry-go-round dating.

trish

Posted at 10:29 PM on June 21, 2012

Jessica always want Sixon back. I’m torn because I like Sixon and Addixon

tasha

Posted at 7:54 PM on June 21, 2012

I LOVE the questions you asked Andy. I was curious how she felt about the flack Silver has received this season.

I’m rooting for Navid over Liam cause like the article mentioned I want Lannie!!!

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:58 AM on June 22, 2012

Thanks :)

Ellen

Posted at 7:39 PM on June 21, 2012

Yes teddy stays and an Ethan mention! idk…………..this is a tough one with Sixon. I want the 2 former drug addicts/music artists as endgame. Adrianna has finally found her other half through messing up her life and Dixon has too.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:59 AM on June 22, 2012

The Ethan mention was my favorite part.

Candice

Posted at 4:29 PM on June 21, 2012

I like Ade for Dixon. But I’m glad she brought up Ethan, I feel like I’m the only one who remembers the ending to season 1 with them.

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:55 PM on June 21, 2012

Right? If she didn’t bring up Ethan, I was fully prepared to myself. lol

Jaselle

Posted at 4:23 PM on June 21, 2012

It’s all about Teddy. I can now watch the CW again.

Andy Swift