'90210' Season 5: Jessica Stroup Says Teddy Will Be Back — But Will Dixon?

Thu, June 21, 2012 4:11pm EDT by 58 Comments
90210 Season 5 Spoilers

Jessica gives HollywoodLife.com the scoop on all things season five — including who SHE thinks Silver should be with!

Jessica Stroup is a busy girl these days. Along with promoting her upcoming movie Ted — she hints that her character has an underlying crush on the titular bear — she’s also embarking on a new partnership with AXE Hair. But her hectic schedule pales in comparison to the whirlwind life of her 90210 persona Silver, and Jessica was happy to give HollywoodLife.com the scoop on what’s to come in season five.

Which guy will she choose? How will getting pregnant change her life? And which former 90210-er does she want back? Read on, my friends.

What was your reaction when you found out Teddy was coming back to knock up Silver?

I didn’t even know for a long time. They didn’t tell us. I guess the producers and the showrunners don’t trust us to keep stories out of the press. They wouldn’t tell me who it was going to be, but when they did, I was thrilled. [Trevor Donovan is] one of the coolest guys I’ve gotten to work with, so the fact that he’s coming back next year is really exciting. I’m happy about that.

And can you tell me about those on-set pictures of you with the fake baby belly that leaked online? Were you aware that happened?

[Laughs.] Yeah, but I wasn’t wearing a fake baby belly! Let me tell you, I was wearing a skirt as a dress and it pooched out in the stomach. These freakin’ pictures, everybody was like, ‘[Silver's] pregnant!’ But no, it was just a bad skirt. And the wind.

So, you weren’t trying to throw people off?

Nope. Just a really bad wind day.

Baby aside, Silver gets a lot of flack from viewers for sort of “making the rounds” in the group. Is it unfair to judge her for that?

Silver has taken the rounds. I think when you’ve got a group of friends — and this happens in high schools and in groups of friends everywhere — it becomes a little incestuous, because you all love each other so much. So I don’t know if I judge her. You love who you love, you fall for who you fall for, and you enjoy life as much as you can. I think that’s exactly what Silver is doing. And that’s what she she’s definitely going to be doing next year. She’ll be acting out and trying to live life.

How much have they told you about season five?

I don’t know any specifics at all, really. I know Teddy is going to be back and we’re going to pick up right where we left off. It’s going to be a direct cut, kind of thing.

So the Navid/Liam debate will continue, or is she done with those boys?

She’s never done with those boys. I’ve got a preference as myself, but I’m not going to tell you. I think they’re going to try to work out the Silver/Navid situation, because I think the fans really like Silver with Navid.

Plus, they really want Liam with Annie. ‘Lannie’ fans are determined.

They are! I had no idea. I think Silver should get back with Dixon. That’s my choice.

Ah, so he lives?

…I didn’t say that.

[NOTE: We've heard from a very reliable source — not Jessica — that Dixon does, in fact, survive his car crash.]

Well, regardless of whether or not he lives, how do you think his accident will affect Silver?

I think right now is when she sees life is short. She lost her mother, she lost her aunt, and now that her friend is possibly going to die, all of her energy is focused on living as much as she can right now. … It’s going to bring her closer to everybody.

90210 has lost quite a few characters over the years — sometimes suddenly. Who would you love to have back on the show?

I would love to see Ethan again. I would love to see Dustin Milligan from the first season, who’s a great friend still. That was the most shocking, the most abrupt ending. His character was so important to us that we all, as a cast, tried to convince the writers to figure out a way to bring him back. That would be my choice.

Lastly, since you are partnered with AXE Hair, which of your male cast mates has the best hair?

I’m going to have to say Michael Steger. He’s had long hair, he’s cut it short. He just has a big, thick head of hair and it looks good on that face. … Matt Lanter‘s got a pretty face, but his hair could be better.

What’s your take on all this new info., 90210 fans? Do you agree Michael Steger has the best hair? Are you thrilled Teddy will be back for season five? And do you support the idea of Silver returning to Dixon — you know, if he survives? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories!

— Andy Swift

Breesia

Posted at 10:15 PM on August 24, 2013

I think there should be a season 5 this show has rilly inspired me to be an author an to write my own ideas i wanna make episodes its my dream to meet one of the acctreses from this show so thats all i rilly had to say !!

John mathison

Posted at 12:45 PM on May 9, 2013

Silver and Liam are the perfect couple, please make that happend! And yes, bring Ethan back! I still feel like he is one of the main characters, The perfect ending would be that Annie is heartbroken by a break up or something like that, and them Ethan comes and they end up together… Ethan and annie are ment together!

Claire jones

Posted at 3:22 PM on December 4, 2012

Hi there please can you tell me when the next series start of 90210. I love it and can’t wait x

emily

Posted at 5:17 PM on October 22, 2012

When does the season 5 start in the uk? I can’t wait! Please don’t tell me I’ve been missing it!x

saritta

Posted at 8:26 AM on September 9, 2012

I Jus can’t wait 4 it 2 start ?

WENG

Posted at 8:31 PM on September 6, 2012

Please Dix should survive but that crash there is no way in hell he would…if he survives he n Ade are good 4 each other then Silver n Navid are the coolest couple ever now Max n Naomi are in love then my favorite couple is Annie n Liam…. Well as for Ted he should get someone like the rest of he’s friends….n Ethan should be BACK.

mesilyn

Posted at 1:21 PM on September 4, 2012

Max and Naomi are perfect together, really happy for them. I think Liam should realise his mistakes and go back to Annie cos he hurts her a lot and their were peaceful together. Ted should remain a gay, a girl is in life won’t b right. Sliver should pls rethink and have a baby with someone who she loves, would be glad if its Dixon. They have both gone through a rough part. Austin and Adrianna can start a reltionship, Ivy shuld remain in Mexico probably visit once a while

Smr15

Posted at 6:50 PM on August 31, 2012

90210 it would be good if Liam and Annie got back together by doing a whole rekindle love thing Naomi’s left for New York so let’s say Annie moves out and asks Liam for help to move some stuff and he comes across a best moments box and he’s in it picture s of them when they were dating even the monkey photo and he remembers the feelings he had for her starting the rekindle romance. See this is a good start to whole story line.

Doro

Posted at 6:54 PM on August 28, 2012

Awh man, typed season 5 into Google to see when it would start and those spoilers slapped me in the face like a large slice of mouldy watermelon. Very unhappy. D:

Kath

Posted at 6:07 PM on August 22, 2012

Max and Naomi should stay together.
Liam and Silver should definitely date coz they are the hottest and plus they would be interesting. Navid should try dating Ivy, he would definitely give her some direction. Austin and Adrianna are meant to be. Dixon should date a new, hot and perfect gal. Annie can be turned to a lesbian or be a nun she is not at all interesting in the dating world…and Bring back Ethan he was too hot to go just like that and get rid of Teddy he’s boring.

sarah

Posted at 8:54 AM on January 20, 2013

excuse me but this is not hollyoaks where everyone sleeps with everyone, ur point of view is just freaky

tanya

Posted at 4:54 PM on August 20, 2012

i think they should bring back ethan and him and annie should be together again..they were a good couple..and i agree about teddy being so in love with silver then being gay,thats ridiculous..because they should be together..dixon needs to find a new girl,liam and adrianna would be good together,navid should go back to princeton because now hes just getting annoying..i liked him at first but hes just starting pointless fights and hes useless to the show. naomi and max are perfect for each other. and austin should find him a nice girl too..new characters maybe ? :) as for ivy..heard she wont return..but i did love her,she went through a lot but making her jump into a relationship that fast after raj’s death was dumb so i guess its right for her to not return after that.

Nicole

Posted at 11:52 PM on August 18, 2012

It was weird to me how they made Teddy gay after he was so in love with Silver. If they really have a baby together, then I want them to end up together! But if they don’t, I have always loved Navid with Silver. He just doesn’t deserve the way she keeps putting him on hold and running all over him. Austin and Adrianna would be cute. Dixon needs to survive the car crash and actually date a nice, normal girl for once. Liam needs to take a break from women because he obviously keeps making reckless decisions in that department. He has done too much to hurt Annie for me to want them together anymore. I also hate what the writers have put Annie through. She has always been the most pure-hearted cast member, yet they made her kill a man? They made her a social pariah? Then a prostitute? Seriously this girl needs a break. I thought Caleb was going to be that break for her. And Naomi and Max= YES!

allie

Posted at 4:50 PM on October 8, 2012

Navid totally deserves for Silver to “put him on hold”. I mean i LOVE them together, but then there was the whole thing with his uncle. and sure he left her out of it for er own protection, but he still shouldv’e just been honest with her.

rahaman

Posted at 4:01 PM on August 18, 2012

I’ll like silver to get back together with dixon, and naomi should also get back together with max or should be tried with navid, and adrianna should
date liam because to me they suit each other with the way they hop from bed to bed and if possible navid and annie

Fatima Haidar

Posted at 5:59 PM on August 17, 2012

I think Naomi and Max should be together and it would really suck if they break up again because no one wants to watch an on-and-off relation. Also, I think they are the perfect match and they complete each other.
Silver and Navid should get back together because they are both mature or if teddy can become straight again like Adrainna did, it would be perfect for him to get back with silver because as she said after all that they have been through they were always next to each other.
I think Silver slept with Laim because she was weak and she didnt really love him.
Silver should not get back with Dixon because they would break up over anything, besides it was long time ago.
I am not sure about Liam and Annie though. A part of me says that they are perfect with each other but another part says that its too messed up because they have been on-and-off, and already dated other people.
Ivy should take a break for god’s sake. She was broken and desperate after Raj’s death, and she jumped too fast into a relationship with Deigo.
And as for adrianna I think she should be with Dixon because they formed a cute couple.
Austin should meet someone new, I think he deserves someone great. Underneath that reckless, playful, and irresponsible guy you see, he is a misunderstood guy.

sultan

Posted at 10:39 PM on August 13, 2012

i used to love liam but after what he did with silver i hated him cause navid is a really gd guy.. but i choose dixon and silver to be together again cause adriana sucks really ! and annie should be with laim ! and teddy is a gr8 character its gd to have him back !

Maejee

Posted at 1:03 AM on August 12, 2012

naaaaahhh..navid and silver should be together.and yeah. i missed ethan in 90210.

Jasmine Hinojosa

Posted at 11:02 PM on August 11, 2012

I think Silver & Dixon should get back together, and I think Annie should go out with Austin, he’s done a lot for her and they would be an interesting couple, Annie & Liam are an awesome couple and it would be good if they get back together, but not now, maybe after a few other relationships :]

DemiGod

Posted at 4:37 PM on August 11, 2012

I love Teddy Happy to see him return missed him when he left
Annie needs Liam in her life to be somewhat stable
Silver and Dixon should get back together I was never sure why the broke up
Ivy should be single for a while she jumps from guy to guy to much she should focus on art
Naomi and Max are perfect every bad girl needs a good guy to balance them out
Adrianna needs to see what it’s like out side her circle she should date Austin
Teddy needs a hot new guy that loves Silver as much as he does
Navid needs know how it feels to have his heart broken after all he is always the one who leaves
If Ethan returns I think it would stir up some trouble he definitely got around there group too
However if all else fails I think new people are certainly needed
Silver and Liam or Silver and Navid cant work because of how the relationships started
Adrianna and Navid cant work because of how the relationship ended
Adrianna and Dixon cant work because Dixon is unaware of her needs
Ivy and Diego cant work because all her relationships are about the other person
Naomi Needs Max Annie Needs Liam Period
But I dont think this will happen in my honest opinion
Silver and Liam
Annie and New Boy
Naomi and Max
Navid and Adrianna
Ivy and Dixon

Jasmine

Posted at 11:07 PM on August 11, 2012

I’m not sure if Dixon & Ivy should get back together, maybe Dixon and Silver. And you’re right, Adrianna needs someone like Austin, but it would be interesting if Annie goes out with Austin, he cares about her.