Teen Mom's Catelynn Lowell: Getting Pregnant Again Would Make Me A 'Miserable Wreck'

Wed, June 20, 2012 3:36pm EST by 16 Comments
Catelynn Lowell Pregnant Again

Catelynn Lowell opens up in a new interview, revealing she is not at all ready to get pregnant again. She wants to finish college first!

Catelynn Lowell gave everyone a surprise when she appeared on the cover of InTouch Magazine announcing her new pregnancy — but it turns out that was all a fabricated story. Catelynn sat down with Us Weekly to give her side of the story and explain why she’s absolutely positive she isn’t pregnant and how upset she’d be if she were.

Catelynn was frustrated with the story that claimed she was having another baby with fiance Tyler Baltierra, saying “I dont want to have that type of reputation. I hope nobody thinks, ‘Oh, they placed [Carly up] for adoption and now they’re having another baby?’”

Catelynn explains that the first think she did was call her three-year-old’s adoptive parents. “They freak out when they see those kinds of things,” she explained. “They don’t know it’s fake so when they see it on a cover of a magazine, they’re like ‘Oh my God! How come Catelynn and Tyler didn’t tell us?’”

The 20-year-old reality star reveals she’s on the bill so that she can protect herself. “I had an IUD for almost three years, but I ended up getting cysts on my ovaries that exploded,” Catelynn confessed. “It was like going into labor all over again — I couldn’t walk. So I got taken off that and I was instantly put on the pill. I’ve been taking that for two months.”

In fact, if she did get pregnant, it would be very upsetting for her! “I would probably be a miserable wreck. I don’t know what I would do. If I did get pregnant right now, how would Carly feel? It wouldn’t be fair to her. When she got older, she would be like, ‘Oh you placed me for adoption and then three years later you got pregnant and decided to parent? What’s wrong with me?’” said Catelynn. “If something were to happen I don’t know if I’d be able to finish college. I think it would hold me back from a lot of things because I’m still so young.”

We’re so glad Catelynn is being careful and using birth control and realizes the strain a new baby would put on her, Tyler, and even baby Carly! Are you glad Catelynn is acting more mature now?

Read More About Teen Moms!

1. Jenelle Evans is in Jail Again!
  2. Teen Moms Battle Over Men and Money!
  3. Maci Bookouts Weekend Wedding!

julie ann head

Posted at 7:01 PM on December 2, 2012

well is she having another baby or not,catelynn u are my favortie

shana

Posted at 1:04 PM on September 14, 2012

dear catlynn and ty first of all i appaulagize 4 spelling and 2nd im computer dumb but anyways i fallow u on teen mom and very proud of u with the choices u made but just a piece of mom advice when u and ty make future babies if they are realy gasy or fusy this is what u do if u have a dry place a blanket on top then roll another one place baby on top and turn on the movement dryer makes well ease the discomfort (put the baby on there belly) it sounds wierd but it really works my oldest sons gmaw told me this my boys are 14 and 7 and there good anyways got to go good luck by shana

anon

Posted at 1:26 AM on August 27, 2012

Typos galore. Someone needs an editor!

Natahlia

Posted at 2:47 AM on August 10, 2012

Congratulating you new baby and you aren’t favourite
Parents on teen mom

Megan Hurwitt

Posted at 8:35 PM on September 12, 2012

Wrong. They are the favs and there is a reason for that. They are only the responsible teens on this show.

lesha

Posted at 7:01 PM on June 30, 2012

This may be a lie becuause there is a lot of grammer errors for one>

Rachel

Posted at 4:03 PM on June 24, 2012

What’s with all the typos?? Come on

Jennifer

Posted at 9:10 PM on June 23, 2012

Ty and Catelynn are my favorite parents on teen mom, I cant imagine what they went through when they made the decision to give their little girl up for adoption but I think it was a very mature decision. I think they will be together forever, you can just see the love they share in their eyes… but I am glad they are not having another baby yet!! Someday definitely I think they will be great parents together. When the time is right.

Amanda

Posted at 3:24 AM on June 23, 2012

Im just so proud of catelynn n tyler, they are making a great fuTure for themselvea b4 having another beautiful baby. Im 26 years old and I look up to them. I wish I was as brave as them. Catelynn and tyler keep up the great work ur doing and please keepw us posted on ur future. Best wishes. I would really love to meet u sometime. <3

kail

Posted at 1:50 AM on June 23, 2012

So she’s on the bill lol.I thought I misread that at first.

Donna

Posted at 9:28 AM on June 21, 2012

FULL of TYPOS >>> Proof Read!

esther parker

Posted at 6:35 AM on June 21, 2012

yall look good together, and yall got a pretty, little girl , she look like her ,mother.

n

Posted at 10:06 PM on June 20, 2012

Try proof reading you idiots. How unprofessional!

person

Posted at 8:40 PM on June 20, 2012

lol lots of typing errors!

Jen

Posted at 8:15 PM on June 20, 2012

There’s a typing error. She’s on the “pill” not “bill”

Someone

Posted at 8:03 PM on June 20, 2012

She has actually always been really mature. I mean, she knew that she wasnt ready for a baby so she did the best for both her and carly and gave her up for adoption.