Katy Perry Uses New Video For ‘Wide Awake’ To Slam Russell Brand

Tue, June 19, 2012 8:42pm EST by 10 Comments
Katy Perry Wide Awake Video

The New iPad

Posted at 7:29 AM on July 10, 2012

Hey There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. That is a really neatly written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I’ll definitely return.

jennifer

Posted at 6:19 PM on July 5, 2012

jennifer my sister Selena Gomez just hi & justin Bieber good for you do so happy same we you love see you justin bieber you selena she this baby you with justin bieber merry you selena said thank you

u your selena & justin call maybe just is to the amp yo flaz fan bon son gaol wola lalal

Amanda

Posted at 8:36 AM on July 5, 2012

The video was OBVIOUSLY about Russell. Duh it’s so obvious. Maybe the song wasn’t originally about Russell but that video is OBVIOUSLY about her marriage with russell and the stress of life in the public eye. Katy flew wherever she had to to see Russell she tried VERY hard to keep her marriage alive. Russell Brand, although I absolutely LOVE him, is a huge doucher so I’m not surprised. Just because Katy Perry is dating someone new doesn’t mean she’s over her divorce. Maybe she’s just trying to show Russell she is. Maybe she just doesn’t want to be alone. Maybe she’s forcing herself to try and move on. Since none of you know I find it hard to grasp why you think you know her true feelings for Russell when you weren’t in the relationship. Secondly, this magazine actually has connections to these stars and can get interviews with them so I THINK they know a little more then you…JUST SAYIN!

Carly

Posted at 4:17 PM on June 27, 2012

LOL it’s funny that she is making songs about her ex when she is with another guy, finding a new relationship in a short time proves that she never was truly in love.

ella

Posted at 11:09 AM on August 5, 2012

no one can truly judge them.neither katy nor rusell.we do not know what truly happened in their life,and even if we can figure out the reason they divorced,we cant still judge them,at least not until we know their feelings and thoughts in their relationship,maybe she wasn’t really in love,or maybe she was…i would rather focus on their profession instead of their private life,even if she wasn’t in love at all,or one of them was just playin with the other,it’s their own private life and it should stay private.

Sarah

Posted at 9:00 PM on June 21, 2012

Bonnie, how do I become a gossip columnist? Please inform. Your job is awesome.

commonsense

Posted at 1:44 AM on June 20, 2012

I think that they are just spinning the meaning of the video so more people will watch it.

I personally like Russell Brand and it sucks that their marriage is over, but that’s that. I do not care.

Mattie

Posted at 5:02 PM on June 19, 2012

It really bothers me, that whenever a couple breaks up they blame the guy. One, Russell is the one who filed for divorce so If anything the problem was probably Katy(I don’t really know since I wasn’t there). Two, If she did write this song about him then she’s acting like a baby. Its not like she’s still devastated, since she has been seen with another guy a couple of times. Three, HollywoodLife grow up. You guys know absolutely nothing about what happened between them yet you are always so quick to label Russell as the bad guy. I’m not a big fan of either of them, but honestly, this blatant bias towards Katy is annoying when no one but the two of them knows what really happened.

olivia

Posted at 4:01 PM on June 19, 2012

ONE THE SONG AND VIDEO ISNT ABOUT RUSSELL THE BIGGEST DOUCHE BAG EVER-IT IS ABOUT WAKING UP FROM THE FAIRY TALE THAT WASNT AND TWO SHE WROTE THE SONG BEFORE HER AND RUSSELL EVEN GOT MARRIED OR STARTED DATING

Kate

Posted at 3:09 PM on June 19, 2012

IF she loved him as you claim, she would NOT HAVE MOVE ON to a new relationship in 3 MONTHS! That was quick, which proves a lot!